Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Goligoski mostly played RD for them.

Fair enough.

Still don't see how trading essentially their No.1 C (not that Stepan is a true No.1 C but he is for them right now), to allocate more cap space where they already have 13 million allocated in OEL and Chychren (sp?) long term by acquiring Torey Krug helps them more than Stepan does right now.

Reactions: wintersej

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Riley Nash was serviceable but I’m glad he’s gone tbh. He’s exactly the kind of middling player we don’t need. Good on Sweeney to identify him as such and not re-sign him.

I would have happily overpaid Riley to keep him for one more season, but yeah I am with you. Sweeney nailed this one. Riley had a career year and was never going to approach that level of play again. Carrying him on the roster for the next 2 years at 2.75 mil per season would make the Bruins worse.

Reactions: bbfan419

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Question for all the "Krug is going to get paid on his next contract" people:

What exactly is he going to get paid?

Just curious as to what you think it is going to be - 20 months away.

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006

Depends on how much the cap rises, Dom . I’d say somewhere between 7.5 to 8.6% of the cap depending on term , clauses and if he hits the open market.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006

Good question. His D is telling. His offense is good. Does he have a ceiling where he is or is he going to get better? What you see is what you get. How much of s raise is he worth st this point.

Last edited:

Mick Riddleton

Boomer : This, gentlemen, is no time to think.
Apr 24, 2017
Hawks got Perlini and Strome for Nick Schmaltz. Perlini would have been interesting and Strome so far has been busting, both are 6'3". Schmaltz is a small center but has played good putting up a lot of points in his time there for a 22 year old. I do not think the Coyotes will further disrupt the team with more trades. Kovalchuk did not play very much in LA's win last night, only till the mid frame of the 2nd period.

Last edited:
Reactions: bruins4thecup65

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012

In my opinion, I think a team would be willing to give him Shattenkirk money, AAV $6.5-$7M.

tremha

Mar 9, 2011
Could we figure out something around rask for tarasenko? Would tarasenko come out of his funk for us? He was something special 2-3 years ago

Take back allen... allen and halak had history as a good duo

Throw in krug to make the value and cap balance more... but id guess it takes more

Do we got the pieces needed? Does tarasenko make sense? Hes a 26 year old lefty shooting rw and 33 goals is a bad year for him...

I think id throw in one of our good looking kids and a pick if we could land this guy

Costly... but hes a legit top 25 player in the league imho

Tarasenko would be awesome slotted in on the 2'nd line with Krecji and DeBrusk. STL has alot of money tied up in D so would have to take some salary back.

How about Rask, Krug, Heinen, and Belesky $ owing (can you do this?) for Allen, Tarasenko & Bouwmester... Tarasenko is the best player and a potential game breaker. Allen would probably benefit from the better Bruins D system. B's lose Krugs O.

tremha

Mar 9, 2011
In my opinion, I think a team would be willing to give him Shattenkirk money, AAV $6.5-$7M.

There is a chance that Krug would be willing to take a hometown discount. He loves the city and is a glue guy. if not, i dont think they can keep him.

Reactions: Strafer

Mick Riddleton

Boomer : This, gentlemen, is no time to think.
Apr 24, 2017
Tarasenko like Panarin are not coming here to play second fiddle to Pasta or Marchand. They are top line guys, it would be nice but not going work for them. It would be Panarin for Marchand, or Tarasenko for Pasta.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Tarasenko would be awesome slotted in on the 2'nd line with Krecji and DeBrusk. STL has alot of money tied up in D so would have to take some salary back.

How about Rask, Krug, Heinen, and Belesky $ owing (can you do this?) for Allen, Tarasenko & Bouwmester... Tarasenko is the best player and a potential game breaker. Allen would probably benefit from the better Bruins D system. B's lose Krugs O.
If I’m St. Louis and you want Tarasenko

DeBrusk
Carlo
Studnicka
Frederic

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Tarasenko like Panarin are not coming here to play second fiddle to Pasta or Marchand. They are top line guys, it would be nice but not going work for them. It would be Panarin for Marchand, or Tarasenko for Pasta.

Well considering neither Panarin nor Tarasenko have any sort of trade protection at this time, seems to me they have no say in the matter.

CaperJay

Sep 27, 2016

You'll get a better idea after Gardiner gets his contract this summer but I would imagine it gonna at least start with a 7

Reactions: Strafer

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Well considering neither Panarin nor Tarasenko have any sort of trade protection at this time, seems to me they have no say in the matter.
What would you want from Columbus for Pastrnak

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Halifax
If we were to acquire Jeff Carter, and the Kings were looking for prospects as the main pieces, could we include the rest of the Beleskey contract if they agreed? Makes Carter's cap hit very reasonable for remainder of his contract

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad