Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

gumgum

Oct 15, 2017
No need to rush anything. Team is still collecting points and it's not as though one of the assets you'd hypothetically want to move is red hot right now, so there's no reason to pounce on heightened value there.

Reactions: Son of Donegal

The don godfather

Jul 5, 2018
Woodbridge Ontario
No way I’m doing that if I’m GM of the Bruins

Terrible
Bjork and heinan are regressing i would sell high as much as I can for these guys. Debrusk lauzon JFK senyshyn donato off table. Schmaltz is not chicken feed a former 1 st round pick who can pop 20 with ease and so young . It's a no brainer for me.

BigBadBruins7708

Dec 11, 2017
Las Vegas
Bruins could have gotten a proven commodity like schmaltz for heinan and Bjork . Donny should have rang the phone. We need a winger for David and Jake badly he would have slotted perfectly only 22 also.

Schmaltz isnt a proven anything.

If anything, he's trending as a 1 year flash.

0.46 ppg in year 1
0.67 last year
back down to 0.48 this year

He also has never had a positive CFrel and is protected with a 64% o-zone start

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Bjork and heinan are regressing i would sell high as much as I can for these guys. Debrusk lauzon JFK senyshyn donato off table. Schmaltz is not chicken feed a former 1 st round pick who can pop 20 with ease and so young . It's a no brainer for me.

Yeah, we already know but thanks for confirming. That deal is terrible. Stop with this nonsense 180 flip flop trolling BS that you do. You're a coin flip. On one day, Players X, Y, and Z are untouchable and the future while Players A, B and C are regressing and should be dealt. Then the next day or week, you're now saying Players X, Y, and Z need to be dealt because they're regressing and Players A, B, and C are now the hot new untouchables. Your shtick is old.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I don’t like Schmaltz and not looking to thread after thread how he’s an underachiever soft player

Reactions: GloryDaze4877

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
If I'm trading an impact player like Krug I want a blockbuster.

Krug, Debrusk and Heinen for Kopitar.
Not a chance I would make that gross over payment, Kopitar is still good, but starting to decline a little and has a big contract, DeBrusk is one of the few guys I do not want to trade period and Krug is not a throw in on any deal , he is a top PP QB and can get a nice return on his own without adding a whole lot.

Reactions: Strafer

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015

Just ignore everything in between the bolded and it makes much more sense. (These jokes write themselves)

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Not a chance I would make that gross over payment, Kopitar is still good, but starting to decline a little and has a big contract, DeBrusk is one of the few guys I do not want to trade period and Krug is not a throw in on any deal , he is a top PP QB and can get a nice return on his own without adding a whole lot.

I'm surprised Pastrnak wasn't included in it as well. He has a strange fascination of dealing him.

Reactions: bbfan419

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
In my opinion, I think a team would be willing to give him Shattenkirk money, AAV $6.5-$7M.

For sure. He would easily get Shattenkirk/Yandle money. I would totally pay it to him as well.... if the term is right. More so depends on what you end up getting Carlo and McAvoy for. Chara will likely be out of the picture.

I actually really like the basis of Krug for Schenn with other pieces included. Similar level assets at different positions.

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Schmaltz isnt a proven anything.

If anything, he's trending as a 1 year flash.

0.46 ppg in year 1
0.67 last year
back down to 0.48 this year

He also has never had a positive CFrel and is protected with a 64% o-zone start

I believe you meant Heinen is a one year flash, if you could call him that last year.

maxl7

Jun 14, 2017
I'm open to trading Krug given the future cap structure and the term left on his deal but Krug for Schenn demonstrates a shocking undervaluation of Krug, even by HFBoards standards. Schenn is a decent player, but for Krug you should be getting back a lot more.

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com

There is so much wrong with this post. See bolded and accompanying critique below.

1. Let me get this straight. Heinen and Bjork are regressing....but Nick Schmatltz isn't? Every player in the trade between CHI and ARZ is "regressing" if you are speaking purely from a statistical standpoint.

2. How does one "sell high" on players who are "regressing?"

3. Why are Bjork and Heinen (two players who have made an impact at the NHL level) on the table but Lauzon, JFK, Donato and Senyshyn are OFF the table?

4. Schmaltz is on pace for 8 goals this year.

Let me also add this - you make it sound as simple as Sweeney picking up the phone and snagging Schmaltz for Bjork and Heinen. Look at the return CHI got from ARZ. Dylan Strome has struggled but he was a 3rd overall pick. They are looking to reunite him with Alex Debrincat - with whom he played in Erie of the OHL. Brendan Perlini is another former first rounder who has produced around the same rate as Schmaltz. Even if the Bruins wanted to make a push for Schmaltz, why would Stan Bowman take Heinen and Bjork over Strome and Perlini?

Reactions: Chief Nine

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
L.A. still looks to be in very bad shape, along with St. Louis. I look to see what Toffoli costs with maybe a Clifford. If Sweeney was really interested in Kovalchuk and he doesn't have a NMC should also be had cheaply.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
L.A. still looks to be in very bad shape, along with St. Louis. I look to see what Toffoli costs with maybe a Clifford. If Sweeney was really interested in Kovalchuk and he doesn't have a NMC should also be had cheaply.

Kovalchuk? Are you f***ing kidding?

Last night in the LA win over EDM, he played 6:20 for the entire game, and didn’t touch the ice in the 3rd period. It wouldn’t surprise me if they were trying to nudge him back to the KHL.

Not giving up anything to take on that deal.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Can LA terminate Kovalchuk's deal like the Islanders did with Kovar or is it completely different with Kovalchuk's being a 3 year deal as opposed to Kovar's deal being 1 year.

KrejciWinger

Nov 3, 2015
Trading Krug could give us three strong centres: Bergeron, Krejci, Schenn

And three strong wingers:
Marchand, Pasta, Debrusk

Pair them up, add a support player (Heinen/Bjork/Nordy) and forwards is suddenly deep

Heinen Bergy Pasta
Marchand Schenn Bjork
Nordstrom Krejci Debrusk
Wagner Kuraly Backes

Chara McAvoy
Moore Carlo
Grz Miller

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Kovalchuk? Are you ****ing kidding?

Last night in the LA win over EDM, he played 6:20 for the entire game, and didn’t touch the ice in the 3rd period. It wouldn’t surprise me if they were trying to nudge him back to the KHL.

Not giving up anything to take on that deal.
That's fine, I haven't watched much Kings this year I only knew Sweeney was interested in him and he should come cheap because of how bad the Kings are.

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Lets hypothetically say Boston could acquire a guy like Schenn. He is clearly a Top 6 forward. He has ability to be a Top 6 center or a Top 6 winger. Would you use him at wing, and fill that T6W hole or use him at center, and fill that 3LC hole?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad