Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
Schenn(5.125m/UFA2), Gunnarsson(2.9m/UFA1) and Allen(4.35m/UFA3)
for
Rask(7.0m/UFA3) and Krug(5.25m/UFA2)

There is your base.... if STL needs to move out more money, adjust accordingly.

Reactions: Silva

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
Krug and Schenn are same age, same term, and virtually the same cap hit but different positions. As a 1 for 1 hockey deal it sounds great on paper, but does it change the equation enough for St Louis who is currently 30th in the NHL? Maybe if they were a bubble team, but it seems to me they need to start rebuilding, not make lateral moves. That's arguably what made them get so much worse so fast in the first place.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Stepan >> Namestnikov

I doubt Schenn is available.

Hmm, really? I’m not going to pretend here. I’m going going completely on the eyeball test so you may be right. I remember Namestnikov being a better skater and a better passer.

bp13

Dec 30, 2003
Visit site
Rick Nash sighting

Going to happen

Depends on price and what else you do. If he’s your big addition, that’s embarrassing. Clearly he isn’t nearly enough. But if he wants to play for cheap on a 1 year rental for a few months, then he’d be worth a shot.

Reactions: Strafer

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
Stepan >> Namestnikov

I doubt Schenn is available.
Either one would ring the bell. Probably more so for Stepan since he shoots right. He would basically fill two needs. Don't know how he
would feel about being the number 3 center here for another year or two though.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
Okay. I usually don't do this ever, but I will throw one at you:

Krug + (insert your forward to take Schenn's spot) for Schenn + Gunnarsson.

Depending on the name you insert, you may have to throw in a pick or another prospect.
Krug + Cehlarik for Schenn + Gunnarsson I could get behind that deal. Would add another prospect maybe Zboril?

SPV

Zoinks!
Sponsor
Feb 4, 2003
New Hampshire
hfboards.com
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say any deal involving Krug/Schenn is going to have to include the Bruins taking another contract back in an expanded deal.

The Blues have less then 400K in LTIR space left. That becomes less then $300K in a straight up Krug/Schenn deal.

They have a couple of contracts they probably wish they could get out of, but they are also restricted with NTC/NMC.

Doable? Sure it is. But the proposals are going to have to be more creative and take everything into account. Like how would a potential deal make room for the Blues to do something creative on trade deadline. A Krug/Schenn deal doesn't help that. In fact, it hinders it.

Maybe we could take back David Perron, he could play either side, and he used to be pretty physical.

bruins4thecup65

Jun 27, 2011
I would to mind a deal for Tarasanko centred around Krug. We would probably have to add a piece maybe two.

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
If I'm trading an impact player like Krug I want a blockbuster.

Krug, Debrusk and Heinen for Kopitar.

pkunit

Jun 18, 2010
Calgary
That is a blockbuster, but man it leavers you even weaker on the wing
Yes but we still have Bjork, Donato and Senyshyn coming along.

Bergy needs real support. I'd take Riley Nash at this point but Kopitar is the type of deal that could win you a cup.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008

Bergy needs real support. I'd take Riley Nash at this point but Kopitar is the type of deal that could win you a cup.

Do you mean Rick? Because Rick has only 2 less points than Riley and he's played 22 less games.

Reactions: Silva

tremha

Mar 9, 2011

great player but $10m for 5 more years probably doesnt work / fit

tremha

Mar 9, 2011
Krug and Schenn are same age, same term, and virtually the same cap hit but different positions. As a 1 for 1 hockey deal it sounds great on paper, but does it change the equation enough for St Louis who is currently 30th in the NHL? Maybe if they were a bubble team, but it seems to me they need to start rebuilding, not make lateral moves. That's arguably what made them get so much worse so fast in the first place.

STL has too many players ready now for a run. trade might shake them up and turn things around. would imagine they will digest the coaching change first to see if things improve

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
If I'm trading an impact player like Krug I want a blockbuster.

Krug, Debrusk and Heinen for Kopitar.

10 mil per for Kopitar for the next 6 seasons. I think I'll pass on that one.

Besides Me likes DeBrusk and wouldn't be surprised if he puts up similar offensive numbers too Kopitar those 6 seasons and then giving up Krug as well and Heinen. Not a Chance...

Last edited:

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
This would probably cost Don Sweeney his job. Kopitars cap hit is $10 million a year until 2023-24. That, and I'm not trading DeBrusk unless I get back McDavid or Matthews...

I think you forgot at least 50-100 names on your no trade list... i hate to disagree with you but debrusk isnt quite ready to be labled 3rd most untochable player in nhl

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I think you forgot at least 50-100 names on your no trade list... i hate to disagree with you but debrusk isnt quite ready to be labled 3rd most untochable player in nhl
In the NHL no. But, on the Bruins... I didn't say "untouchable" I implied that the price (if I'm Don Sweeney) is astronomical.

Reactions: JOKER 192

Alberta_OReilly_Fan

Bruin fan since 1975
Nov 26, 2006
Edmonton Canada
STL has too many players ready now for a run. trade might shake them up and turn things around. would imagine they will digest the coaching change first to see if things improve

Could we figure out something around rask for tarasenko? Would tarasenko come out of his funk for us? He was something special 2-3 years ago

Take back allen... allen and halak had history as a good duo

Throw in krug to make the value and cap balance more... but id guess it takes more

Do we got the pieces needed? Does tarasenko make sense? Hes a 26 year old lefty shooting rw and 33 goals is a bad year for him...

I think id throw in one of our good looking kids and a pick if we could land this guy

Costly... but hes a legit top 25 player in the league imho

Reactions: bruins4thecup65

HuskyBruinPride

Aug 1, 2011
This would probably cost Don Sweeney his job. Kopitars cap hit is $10 million a year until 2023-24. That, and I'm not trading DeBrusk unless I get back McDavid or Matthews...
There are a lot more players than just those 2 you move him for. Just saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad