Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Trading any of those 3 + pick for Charlie Coyle would be a brutal move. Use those pieces in a deal for a legitimate upgrade. Not some mediocre stopgap.
I don’t deal Heinen or Bjork for Coyle

Zboril and another prospect

If I am Minnesota and can get Bjork or Heinen I’m all over it

Coyle needs a change

Mick Riddleton

Boomer : This, gentlemen, is no time to think.
Apr 24, 2017
Coyle is very vanilla. Panarin = pass. After reading his conversation with Radulaov and slagging his team-mates and wanting warm weather = pass. He will command 11 million = pass. He will want to be a top line guy = pass ( Pasta and Marshy are there). JFK is doing okay so far, love to see Frederic, Blidh and Sensyshyn sometime. Donato is playing good better on the farm.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Well first of all, my primary issue with him right now is his lack of production.

Second problem is that he’s playing on the second line, when he’s a third liner as you say.

Third, I don’t find him to be as strong defensively as you do.

Heinen gets the biggest free ride I’ve ever seen here.

——good defensively but only plays 40 seconds a game on the PK

—- “tough” but not in the classic “actually tough” sense.

—— talented but on pace for a whopping 20 points.

Again, run of the mill, bottom 6 JAG is what I see.
I thought Heinen was very good last night but I read he sucked

I thought Krejci was excellent last night but the chump in back of me spent the entire game saying he’s overpaid and overrated

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
What does his lack of physical nature and play have to do with anything?

He’s on his ELC, strong defensively, and produced more than a guy like Coyle last year, who is basically a bigger version of Heinen. Would I like to see more offensive output from Heinen this year? Absolutely, but I seem to recall defensive players like Axelsson and Kelly having long NHL careers.

Any time a team can get a 23 year old to play on the 3rd line in the NHL on his ELC, I hesitate to call them dime a dozen. The lengths some people go to disparage Heinen because he’s not as physical as they like amazes me.
This reminds me of Frankenstein. Everyone turning on the guy, seeing something that isn’t there and running him out of town

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003

I thought Krejci was excellent last night but the chump in back of me spent the entire game saying he’s overpaid and overrated

At least at the end of the night Krejci had an assist attributed to his play.

Dizzay

Jul 8, 2004
Halifax

I think you're very knowledgeable but I dont get your love for Heinen. I would love an upgrade

Reactions: Strafer

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I like Coyle but you can buy low here

Trading Bjork would be catastrophic
Coyle seems like a terrible fit here to me. has size but doesn't use it (at least not the way people around here would expect him to), not a particularly good skater, hasn't really developed his offensive game much from his early years.

I dunno...as a 3rd line guy and for the right price you could do worse, but I don't think he fits the Cassidy style at all and I could see him going the way of Jimmy Hayes within a couple of years here.

Reactions: Flannelman

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I think you're very knowledgeable but I dont get your love for Heinen. I would love an upgrade
I was worse back when this happened to Al Secord.

This reminds me of that

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Coyle seems like a terrible fit here to me. has size but doesn't use it (at least not the way people around here would expect him to), not a particularly good skater, hasn't really developed his offensive game much from his early years.

I dunno...as a 3rd line guy and for the right price you could do worse, but I don't think he fits the Cassidy style at all and I could see him going the way of Jimmy Hayes within a couple of years here.
I’ve always liked Coyle but I’m not giving up Bjork or Heinen

I’m sure any deal has Zboril

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
:laugh:

I thought you were better than this, but I guess not?

Guilty I guess.

I mean I’d think that just taking inventory of the time you spend responding to his critics and defending a guy who has done so little since about February of last year, you might be able to see the other side a little bit.

The guy has been brutal all year regardless of how much people want to try to spin it.

Does he make a play or two a game that might help the team?

Sure, but who doesn’t?

In the end, it’s about production, which there has been very little.

On top of the lack of production, he doesn’t kill penalties, doesn’t hit or bring any physicality to the team, isn’t noticeable defensively, at least not significantly more than the rest of the bottom half of the forwards.

So what does he bring?

He’s cheap and about 1/2 the people here seem to find him to be pleasant, I guess.

JAG, but at least he’s an unoffensive, nice one it seems.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I hear he has pyrophobia, too.
If Donny deals Bjork or Heinenstein in a bad deal I’m done with the Bruins and going with my ‘in case of emergency team’ Philadelphia. Bad enough they passed on Chabot, Barzal, Boeser, and Connor but trading one of the kids.

Now that the Flyers have the Connor McDavid of mascots in Gritty the move will be easy.

I’m not worried about Donny actually it’s Cam co-GM wanting to win before the core gets to old

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
If Donny deals Bjork or Heinenstein in a bad deal I’m done with the Bruins and going with my ‘in case of emergency team’ Philadelphia. Bad enough they passed on Chabot, Barzal, Boeser, and Connor but trading one of the kids.

Now that the Flyers have the Connor McDavid of mascots in Gritty the move will be easy.

I’m not worried about Donny actually it’s Cam co-GM wanting to win before the core gets to old

Here’s the dilemma as I see it.

The core is obviously aging and aside from Pasta, DeBrusk and McAvoy I don’t see enough top end talent under 25 to make them a contender, say 5 years from now.

Obviously, who they draft and how those future picks and current prospects develop could make a difference, but IMO their best chance is in the next 2-3 years, however, they must upgrade the forwards for it to happen.

This is why I’m perfectly ok with them moving almost any of their young guns, not named McAvoy, DeBrusk and obviously Pasta to make a run for it between now and 2021.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016

Gritty Nominates Self For Time's Person of the Year

Reactions: DKH

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

I think your safe for a while anyways. This is just in, taken from Jeremy Jacobs and Sweeney's last chat.

upload_2018-11-24_13-57-54.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad