Proposal: Bruins Trade Proposals V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
And just 6 points out of first

And 6 points behind the Rangers for 2nd with a game in hand, and leading them right now.

And 6 pts from a wild card with a game in hand.

That Metro is so tight you could go from worst to first by winning 4 out of 5
I hear what you're saying. Honestly I don't even look at the standings until Thanksgiving, but I thought it was pretty rare for teams who are out of the playoff picture at US Thanksgiving to actually make the playoffs. Doesn't TSN or someone track that?

I believe the thinking is that the points out can be a bit of an illusion, because not only does Philly need to win 5 of 6 but all of the teams ahead of them need to not go on a similar run.

At any rate, it's certainly not impossible for them to make the playoffs but the whole US Thanksgiving thing made me think Philly could eventually be a seller, and if so Simmonds could be a good fit.

Last edited:

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
Totally and utterly shocked Heinen receiving the same treatment and criticism as Loui. No one saw that coming. Sadly he never quite rounded out the Loui out of his game when he got sent down the second time.

PK time as a measure of defensive accumen is largely overrated as well. Marchand's best trait on the PK is his instinct on when to fly and his finishing ability on his own.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I watch the games too and don’t like his game at all and rarely see what you see.

I see a passenger most nights....not because he’s a wuss but because despite all of the good things you claim to see in him he’s produced almost nothing.

At the end of the day when the best you can say about him is that he made a nice pass or two or forechecked effectively during one of his shifts, is that really enough?

If that’s the standard everyone in the top 6-9 is held to then we’d see a lot of scoreless games.

I’m not saying I’m right but at the end of the day a top 6-9 forward is judged by production.....or at least should be.

Lastly, It’s good to know that you’ll never question the coaches decisions though. I mean since he’s won 2 cups and has yet to lose a game, who am I to question how a guy on pace to score 20 points is being used?

I had this long reply prepared, but I figured, why bother? Nothing I say is going to change your mind about Heinen. I look for certain things in the guys I like and he has them in spades. I’m confident enough in my assessment of players to think that I didn’t completely blow it with him, so I’m done arguing with people.

I do disagree with this idea that you hold regarding point production being the only way to judge a player. It’s probably because I played D, my son plays D also and I constantly hear parents complain they don’t want their kids playing D because they won’t get any points. There are so many scoring plays that start in the defensive zone or in the neutral zone and those guys never get credited for it. Doesn’t mean that they weren’t integral to the success of the team.

I don’t always agree with the coaches. Personally, I would have Bjork in the lineup over Backes or Acciari. That said, the coaches have way more experience than I do, and I’m sure they have reasons why certain guys are in the lineup, even if I don’t see it.

Reactions: Chief Nine

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
If JFK can keep this up, I think he's what you need at #3C for this year. I think you go out though and still go after a guy like Schenn. Someone who can play both W/C and be a good face-off guy to make-up for JFK"s work in progress in the dot.

Marchand - Bergeron - Pastrnak
Heinen - Krejci - DeBrusk
Schenn - JFK - Bjork
Nordstrom - Kuraly - Backes/Acciari

^That's a pretty solid group right there

Reactions: Flannelman

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
I had this long reply prepared, but I figured, why bother? Nothing I say is going to change your mind about Heinen. I look for certain things in the guys I like and he has them in spades. I’m confident enough in my assessment of players to think that I didn’t completely blow it with him, so I’m done arguing with people.

I do disagree with this idea that you hold regarding point production being the only way to judge a player. It’s probably because I played D, my son plays D also and I constantly hear parents complain they don’t want their kids playing D because they won’t get any points. There are so many scoring plays that start in the defensive zone or in the neutral zone and those guys never get credited for it. Doesn’t mean that they weren’t integral to the success of the team.

I don’t always agree with the coaches. Personally, I would have Bjork in the lineup over Backes or Acciari. That said, the coaches have way more experience than I do, and I’m sure they have reasons why certain guys are in the lineup, even if I don’t see it.

I’m sure like you, I’ve literally missed less than 20 Bruins games since about 1983 and I get that points aren’t the be all and end all.

I’m not saying Heinen is done or isn’t somewhat useful, I’m just saying he gets a huge pass from a lot of people, pretty much since about March and I don’t think he’s earned that leeway to be honest.

I get the importance of the defensive game, but I really don’t see him as a standout defensively either.

(I appreciate defensive forwards...two of my five favorite Bruins ever are Dave Reid and Dave Poulin).

As for the new stats that some people (not you necessarily) use to justify his play: All I can say about them is this.....at one point in tonight’s game they had the hits at 29 - 21 Montreal.

Now I’m not going to say that those numbers should have been flipped, but there is no way the Habs ever held a 9 hit lead over the Bruins tonight.

What I’m trying to say is that aside from goals, assists, points, PIM’s and +/-....hockey stats are relatively subjective and flawed.

It’s great that DH, in a lot of people’s eyes is doing “the little things”. It’s just too bad, IMO that it’s not resulting in points.

Personally, I think last year he had a very good 3 1/2 month run. I just don’t think that the true representation of what he is or will be.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I’m sure like you, I’ve literally missed less than 20 Bruins games since about 1983 and I get that points aren’t the be all and end all.

I’m not saying Heinen is done or isn’t somewhat useful, I’m just saying he gets a huge pass from a lot of people, pretty much since about March and I don’t think he’s earned that leeway to be honest.

I get the importance of the defensive game, but I really don’t see him as a standout defensively either.

(I appreciate defensive forwards...two of my five favorite Bruins ever are Dave Reid and Dave Poulin).

As for the new stats that some people (not you necessarily) use to justify his play: All I can say about them is this.....at one point in tonight’s game they had the hits at 29 - 21 Montreal.

Now I’m not going to say that those numbers should have been flipped, but there is no way the Habs ever held a 9 hit lead over the Bruins tonight.

What I’m trying to say is that aside from goals, assists, points, PIM’s and +/-....hockey stats are relatively subjective and flawed.

It’s great that DH, in a lot of people’s eyes is doing “the little things”. It’s just too bad, IMO that it’s not resulting in points.

Personally, I think last year he had a very good 3 1/2 month run. I just don’t think that the true representation of what he is or will be.

Fair enough.

I have not watched the game yet (am sitting down to do so now). The wife and I were watching the Season 3 Holiday Baking Champion marathon :laugh:

The hits for the game are listed as 51-27 Montreal, which seems high for the Habs. I take the “checks” stat with a grain of salt, as certain teams have a decided “hometown” advantage from the people keeping track.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Fair enough.

I have not watched the game yet (am sitting down to do so now). The wife and I were watching the Season 3 Holiday Baking Champion marathon :laugh:

The hits for the game are listed as 51-27 Montreal, which seems high for the Habs. I take the “checks” stat with a grain of salt, as certain teams have a decided “hometown” advantage from the people keeping track.

Right after they posted the hits at 29-21 or whatever, I saw the Bruins throw 4 legit hits in one shift....

Checked NHL.com a minute later and and it was 31-22.

:)

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Strike while the iron is hot Sweeney. Add the scoring depth to Krejci's line and let them build chemistry just in enough time so they are firing on all cylinders when Bergeron comes back.

Move one or two of the D as soon as Carlo and McAvoy are ready as they will never look as good as they do now.

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
Strike while the iron is hot Sweeney. Add the scoring depth to Krejci's line and let them build chemistry just in enough time so they are firing on all cylinders when Bergeron comes back.

Move one or two of the D as soon as Carlo and McAvoy are ready as they will never look as good as they do now.

But who? Miller dominates. Grzelcyk is Mr. Consistent. Lauzon could be a cost-effective Bruin for many years, a la McQuaid. Krug's offensive intent is contagious throughout the team. Urho has too much potential.

I guess I've answered my own question here - Zboril. But can he return an impact player that is a better long-term option than Donato/Bjork/Heinen?

Absurdity

light switch connoisseur
Jul 6, 2012
Krug + JFK to AZ for Stepan

edit: would also have interest in adding Bjork/Heinen and Fischer to the deal.
I don't think Arizona would be very interested in Krug coming back with OEL and Chychrun locked up for the foreseeable future on the left side. They would probably want someone like Carlo in return. Also, I'm not sure how comfortable a team like Arizona would be willing to pay big money to 3 of their LD when their right side could use some help. Same with JFK. If Arizona moves out Stepan, I think it would be a move to make room for Galchenyuk, Dvorak, and Strome down the middle so I'm not too sure if they would be interested in JFK.

If anything, I think the Bruins should absolutely target Fischer regardless if that involves Stepan or not. He is exactly the type of forward the Bruins should add, and he is still 21 so he has plenty of time to grow. Fischer is the type of player I would be fine with the Bruins moving Bjork or Heinen for.

Last edited:
Reactions: wintersej

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Krug + JFK to AZ for Stepan

edit: would also have interest in adding Bjork/Heinen and Fischer to the deal.

No thanks to this. Seems like an overpayment for Stepan. Adding either Bjork/Heinen for Fischer is overkill. Stepan is paid 1.25M more than Krug, and while he's signed for an extra year, over the last 2 seasons Krug gives you the same production on the back end.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
I actually think Coyle would be a great fit if the price is right....

Schenn would be a dream. I would overpay. I don't know if St. Louis would entertain trading him, but he'd be perfect. Very different from Bergeron/Krejci.

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
I don't think there is a chance Krejci is here for another contract. I also don't think it's a lock he finishes the current one here... but that's just me.

As others have said, Donny definitely needs to make a move to improve the top 6. I'm not sure I'd necessarily change what the original plans were regarding that because of the Bergeron injury. If it's a top 6 RW, or LW I suppose since Debrusk seems relatively comfortable on his off side , then make that move and we can continue to patch together the C situation until Bergy gets back. Reason I say this is Donny has the peices to bring back an impact player, but if he uses some of those pieces for a stop gap type move instead then we really aren't addressing the real issues with the forward group. Add a top 6 piece, and work on the 3C position when something presents itself. I've very much warmed on Panarin..... I think Debrusk-Krejci-Panarin would be a fantastic 2nd line behind our big line.

Right now Krejci is playing out of his mind hockey but if he needs to continue it for a few more months I think that he'll break down and even when Bergy is back we'll be without Krejci. I concur, although a great soldier and leader this is DK's last contract with the team.

But who? Miller dominates. Grzelcyk is Mr. Consistent. Lauzon could be a cost-effective Bruin for many years, a la McQuaid. Krug's offensive intent is contagious throughout the team. Urho has too much potential.

I guess I've answered my own question here - Zboril. But can he return an impact player that is a better long-term option than Donato/Bjork/Heinen?

I actually think Coyle would be a great fit if the price is right....

Schenn would be a dream. I would overpay. I don't know if St. Louis would entertain trading him, but he'd be perfect. Very different from Bergeron/Krejci.

Agree with all the above: Schenn at 2/3 center would be great. As the next season or two unfold I could see them needing to spot him in in place of Bergy and DK as they
get injured here and there. I hate giving up a defenseman but you need to give to get. Zboril hasn't got a track record and St. Louis is in a dog fight, if they need a d-man it's an experienced one. Krug is the logical move to make since we're so deep in young cost controlled d-men.
Also, again you have to give to get.

Reactions: bbfan419
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad