Confirmed with Link: Bruins sign Peter Mueller to PTO

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
Low risk for what will likely be equally low reward IMO. Unless we get a random flash of a great season out of him like he has every couple years in his career.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
If he makes the team , I hope this isn't another situation like " Kemp" where it was clear he wasn't an NHL player ,yet they kept playing him longer than they should have .

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
I assume you meant "spell"?..

Oops.

To be fair, the article referred to him as "Sweedish hockey player". He's spent, what, 6 months of his life in Sweden, with no other connection to the country? :laugh:
Also he was apparently drafted by Pheonix, and the Bruins offered Lee Stempniak a PTO "the recent past"? :p:

Fonzerelli

Jul 15, 2015
I'll come to you
Seriously, he is an invite and you pencil him in on the top line crying about what does it mean for the young guys?

Honestly though, what "young guys" are actually competing for jobs this year? It'll be mostly Vatrano, Morrow and Chiller competing for more ice. Heinen and Carlo will both get a cup of coffee, maybe even a steak dinner, but truth is, they both need time in Providence. Next year they will be competing for spots and guys like Senyshyn, Zboril and Lauzon will be looking for their cup of coffee. I like the Meuller PTO. If he sticks he could fit in real well

Marchand/Bergeron/Backes
Vatrano/Krejci/Pastrnak
Beleskey/Spooner/Meuller
Nash/Moore/Hayes

BostonPC

Bleed Black & Gold
Dec 3, 2005
Woburn, MA
Why not? It is only a PTO. I have been waiting for years for Mueller to do something... yes I had him in at least one fantasy dynasty league in the past :) Always waiting for him to put it together. A big long shot but worth a try.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Was anyone else pulling for Versteeg to sign a PTO with the Bs? (Meanwhile Bochenski pops another goal in at the KHL level).

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
I watched him play with Everett, it was clear he was better than Hamill. And he would've been a star, you're right.

And Mueller screwed us --I think you would agree-- because he made Hamill look much better than he actually was, resulting in us wasting a high pick on him.

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Mcquire was on TSN 690 today and he was asked about Meuller. He didn't want to say exactly what it was, said he preferred the player tell you himself, but it sounded like there is something more to his decline than concussions.

edit : Also said Versteeg was sent home because he was deemed to be out of shape. Mcquire thinks that is BS and that the team is just trying to get out of paying his contract.

Last edited:

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
If he makes the team , I hope this isn't another situation like " Kemp" where it was clear he wasn't an NHL player ,yet they kept playing him longer than they should have .

Think he is here as potential 'offensive' insurance more than to hold down a 3rd line grinder role. If he looks good in camp and takes a 2 way deal its a great signing.

Injury or two, kids aren't ready, Hayes does nothing when we need him to step up, not the worst guy to have around. Interesting teammate/linemate in Providence for the kids.

If anything I can see him outplaying the likes of Moore in camp and unfairly not getting a job.

Was an excellent NHL player in his early 20s surprised hes only 28 this could work out.

Last years PTO guy Stempniak ended up having a nice year despite us not signing him.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
There's a lot to like here with very little to no risk.

- Builds competition in camp

- Rookies who aren't ready don't have to be forced into the lineup

- If he turns out to be in good shape and shows he still has the skill to be a top 6 guy, there's a spot to be won on this team.

Best case scenario: he wins a spot out of camp, gets a 1 year contract, plays with Bergeron/Marchand and churns out a career year, we keep the kids down in Providence to work on their game,he's moved at the trade deadline for an asset, and we make the playoffs anyway.

Salem13

Feb 6, 2008
Salem,Mass
On March 20, 2015, the Kloten Flyers decided not to offer him a contract extension after tailing only 17 points in the 2014–15 NLA season.

Well if he isnt good enough for Kloten he must be a Bruin?:shakehead

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad