Confirmed with Link: Bruins sign Peter Mueller to PTO

Xscout*

Feb 9, 2014
He's a 3rd liner now. Concussions definitely changed the way he plays.
Plays more wing than centre. More of a strong side option versus full time centre.
"Character issues" possibly just didn't want to play in Europe who knows.

Good luck to him everybody loves a comeback.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Another Miro the Hero situation?

Zero risk, okay.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
had no idea he was still lacing them up, kid has/had quite the journey

No risk signing as everyone seems to agree with

HiyaGeorgii

Apr 6, 2016
Mueller got a bad rep after last season in the SHL -Not in good physical shape and uninspired play.
I've always liked him but do not think this will pan out.

Malmö did not want him back.

Sounds like he will fit right in. :laugh:

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Would have been a star if not for the concussions. Let us see what he looks like in camp and go from there.

plemur

Meh.
Feb 24, 2007
Nieuw Hamster
twitter.com
Everyone assumed this kid was going to be special after that first season -- there's talent there. Let's hope he can find what made everyone think that way in the first place and have a nice storybook finish to his career.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Sounds like he will fit right in. :laugh:

I'm sure he'll chime in at some point here, but should be noted that Reed Duthie on twitter expressed the exact opposite in regards to his play overseas.

Proof is in the pudding - hopefully he comes into camp in good shape and forces some tough decisions.

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
I like it,untapped and unfulfilled potential getting another chance. Hamill and Mueller,same team,same time,same position.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
Haven't heard that name in a while. He's kind of an odd duck. I doubt he makes the Bruins but maybe he accepts a 2 way and they can ship him to the P-Bruins. Probably just trying to fill training camp spots.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I'm sure he'll chime in at some point here, but should be noted that Reed Duthie on twitter expressed the exact opposite in regards to his play overseas.

Proof is in the pudding - hopefully he comes into camp in good shape and forces some tough decisions.

I'm not sure where Reed gets his info, but he has always been very well informed about a lot of Euro players, particularly in the Swedish leagues.

ranold26

Tuukka likes the post...
May 28, 2003
Well a PTO doesn't exactly slot him onto the first line does it???

This is HFBoards. EVERY new prospect or signing gets slotted on the first line/pairing by someone. It is a given/tradition.

Mr Leth

Oct 4, 2010
Malmö
Mjuels is a great guy.
With that being said there's no secret that his physique wasn't up to par for the SHL.
I don't know what they're doing in Switzerland where he used to play but quite obviously it's easier to get by there on pure talent.
I took Peter a few months to realize he couldn't keep up, but he did do something about it and on his latter part of the season with Malmö he became quite productive.
Initially Mjuels told media he wanted to stay for another season but I guess he couldn't persuade management he was worth the investment.

The crucial key here...
Exactly how hard has he been working this summer?

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
If you've ever complained about Jimmy Hayes being soft, but yet like this signing…. you've got some explaining to do.

FWIW I've always like Mueller and injuries really impacted his game, but last I saw of him, he was REALLY afraid to go where he should, and I hardly ever say that about a pro player. Good hands and worth a shot, but he makes Kessel look like Ian Laperriere.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Good player back in the day when he was young.

Hes the reason Hamill got drafted so high b/c the two played on a line together in jr and Mueller was dominant.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
If you've ever complained about Jimmy Hayes being soft, but yet like this signing…. you've got some explaining to do.

FWIW I've always like Mueller and injuries really impacted his game, but last I saw of him, he was REALLY afraid to go where he should, and I hardly ever say that about a pro player. Good hands and worth a shot, but he makes Kessel look like Ian Laperriere.

Ooof! Cam is not gonna like this.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Always liked mueller but what's this mean for all the young guys we assumed that would be battling for jobs?

Marchand-Bergeron-mueller
Spooner-krejci-Pastrnak
Beleskey-backes-Hayes
Nash-Moore-rinaldo

Seriously, he is an invite and you pencil him in on the top line crying about what does it mean for the young guys?

First if Mueller is on the team it's not a good sign, second if one of "the young guys" loses out to an underachieving Mueller who has played for years in Europe said young guys don't deserve to make the team. Third you have Rinaldo in Randell's spot.

It's a no risk signing to fill out the roster while players are at the international shinny tournament on ESPN.

That said, nice to see the team getting tougher:sarcasm:

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Mjuels is a great guy.
With that being said there's no secret that his physique wasn't up to par for the SHL.
I don't know what they're doing in Switzerland where he used to play but quite obviously it's easier to get by there on pure talent.
I took Peter a few months to realize he couldn't keep up, but he did do something about it and on his latter part of the season with Malmö he became quite productive.
Initially Mjuels told media he wanted to stay for another season but I guess he couldn't persuade management he was worth the investment.

The crucial key here...
Exactly how hard has he been working this summer?

Honestly if he comes to an NHL training camp on a PTO in anything less than ideal shape, he's just wasting the Bruins time as well as his own.

Mr Leth

Oct 4, 2010
Malmö
Honestly if he comes to an NHL training camp on a PTO in anything less than ideal shape, he's just wasting the Bruins time as well as his own.

Well, he hasn't played in the NHL for a couple of years, does he remember what it takes?
Showing up in Sweden in a half-assed condition was sort of a head–scratcher too.
I mean it's not like SHL is known to be a bush league.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad