Confirmed with Link: Bruins sign Peter Mueller to PTO

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
Love this move, he's always been an intriguing player to me. Injuries have derailed his career, but I can see this paying dividends.

If he sucks, they aren't on the hook for anything. Good move Don.

WhalerTurnedBruin55

Fading out, thanks for the times.
Oct 31, 2008
IMO, seems like if one of them sticks you could see someone traded to address on defense.

Unless Sweeney doesn't want to rush our youngsters and wants them to still develop.

Don't disagree with that idea, but I'm skeptical that it comes to fruition.

3rd off-season in a row we're going into training camp waiting for that other defenseman to come in. So far, 2 strikes. This is the 3rd time. We have a month or so to see if it's different this time around.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Nothing like another "project" player.

As the others he will get his chance and then we will all realize why he has been out of the NHL since 2013, hes just not good enough.

Mpasta

Oct 6, 2008
Nothing like another "project" player.

As the others he will get his chance and then we will all realize why he has been out of the NHL since 2013, hes just not good enough.

And fans have him on the 1st line already. :laugh:

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
I don't hate competition and PTOs but the front end is getting crowded and I was hopeful a kid or two would be given a real shot to break through

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
Why couldn't they find a Peter Mueller-like defenseman and sign him instead?? :dunno:

Do you know of one? If one exists, I am sure they are talking to him

Boston does not lack defenseman, they have at least 7 NHL defenseman. The problem is they really need to find someone who is a top 4, and really top 2. No one is coming here on a PTO who is going to solve out top pairing need.

Signing a guy who is just another 5/6 does nothing for Boston

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
Another Miro the Hero situation?

Zero risk, okay.

This made me smile today. I am going to find those highlights in about 20 seconds.

Just watched game 6 highlights. Thanks TP. I was having a pretty rotten day and that really changed things for me.

Satan's reaction and celebration from that goal was just priceless.

Last edited:

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Why couldn't they find a Peter Mueller-like defenseman and sign him instead?? :dunno:

You have a name?

They did that last year, his name was Matt Irwin, and he wasn't very good. Just my opinion, but it's far easier to nab a forward that can help then a d-man. They aren't exactly lying around, just waiting to be snapped up :laugh:

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
I wanted them to give him a shot a few years ago. We'll see. No risk involved, nothing to not like...

GloveSave1

*** 15 ***
Jun 11, 2003
N.Windham, CT
Team needs defense, all we seem to sign/bring to camp are 4th line forwards?

DS, like many, seems to be stuck in top pair Dman or bust mode.

I'd be happy if he just brought in a decent guy for depth...I mean, the Bruins don't have any. Morrow and Cross? :amazed: Wow. Talk about living on the edge.

Maybe Carlo or O'Gara can help out, that would be nice. But for a guy whose job is in the balance...I'm surprised he would leave himself one injury away from a true nightmare. We know making a trade once the season starts up until the deadline is impossible for some reason. Get the depth now, or be juggling for most of the year.

As far as this guy goes, whatever. Has pedigree. But I don't like hearing that he hates contact. That will drive me nuts. You can't shy away in this league...it will find you.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
You have a name?

They did that last year, his name was Matt Irwin, and he wasn't very good. Just my opinion, but it's far easier to nab a forward that can help then a d-man. They aren't exactly lying around, just waiting to be snapped up :laugh:

I get that. However it is sooooo frustrating to see the Bs seemingly standing around with their thumbs up their backsides on this issue. They go out & sign David Backes (who I like so put your pitchfork down), Dominic Moore and now this guy. I don't see the same level of effort w/r/t acquiring a solid #2 or #3 defenseman (forget trading for a real #1 to replace Chara eventually, IMO you have to draft one or sign a UFA they are that rare). I see a lot of "wait & see" regarding the defense. I don't think the Bruins have time to "wait & see", not if they are as serious about avoiding a third straight year out of the playoffs as they have said they are. They will go nowhere with the defensemen they have now- Chara is slowing down, McQuaid is slow & often injured, KMiller is tough but slow, Chiller is quick but inexperienced, Krug has speed but not much else. There's your top 4 as of right now. They don't exactly inspire visions of Stanley Cups do they?

The Bruins have had an entire summer to resolve this issue, we're now two weeks away from training camp and it is still unresolved. Where is the urgency? Inquiring minds want to know....

PIMsCup

Nov 18, 2014
LA / NH Boston?
Wait...you folks don't actually think he's gonna get offered a contract for the big club, do you? This is a preseason or Providence invite in my mind.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad