Post-Game Talk: bruins @ RANGERS

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

3 Stars

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lion Hound

@JoeTucc26
Mar 12, 2007
Montauk NY
Best game of the year so far.

They came out of the gate full of piss and vinegar and took it to the B's. I can't remember this ever happening like that during Quinn's tenure here. The fact that it was to a team that usually takes it to them physically, it made it that much better. Last nights game was literally what I thought Quinn wanted to implement here in NY. Relentless, Fast, and Physical. That's what we saw.

Was it an aberration, or will this be the new Norm?

will1066

Oct 12, 2008

They came out of the gate full of piss and vinegar and took it to the B's. I can't remember this ever happening like that during Quinn's tenure here. The fact that it was to a team that usually takes it to them physically, it made it that much better. Last nights game was literally what I thought Quinn wanted to implement here in NY. Relentless, Fast, and Physical. That's what we saw.

The pressure we put on them on their breakouts was really impressive. They turned the puck over to us at their blue line repeatedly. I remember saying to myself they were playing like us and we were playing like them when they're good.

Reactions: Lion Hound

MarkMessyay11

Jan 12, 2015
NJ
Guy is An amazing player but such a rat. Cross checks a guy in the head face area and complains about getting only two minutes lol
Not to mention being the “tough guy” for once dropping his gloves after he saw it was Fox who squeezed his tiny head.

I like watching hard, physical games. Even enjoy when games get chippy too...means the emotions are higher. But he’s on another level entirely. Total disregard for rules and safety shouldn’t be tolerated and I won’t be surprised if he finds himself on the receiving end of a real nasty hit one of these days.

And for those who remember Avery, it may seem hypocritical to blast Marchand. But at least Avery answered for his sins. Marchand isn’t man enough to do the same.

duhmetreE

Blessed Bigly
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2012

I really do pray it's a pace that we can sustain in some form. If it's the fans, what happens when we're Away?

This game gave me the feeling of last season before the 'rona. Entertaining and fun. Nearly every game was like that. The fire went missing for nearly a year.

Reactions: Cmox

True Blue 96

Jul 23, 2009
S. Huntington, NY
I was at the game last night and there was a buzz in the building. My opinion I think the fans added that extra jolt to the team. Being as young as they are, this team fed off the energy. All kidding aside, it was one of louder games at the garden considering the amount of people. Both the fans and rangers seemed in tune with game and every good play was met with cheers. Can’t underestimate fans getting crazy on every hit and the players feeding off the excitement.

Cmox

Jan 22, 2010
In the woods
I was at the game last night and there was a buzz in the building. My opinion I think the fans added that extra jolt to the team. Being as young as they are, this team fed off the energy. All kidding aside, it was one of louder games at the garden considering the amount of people. Both the fans and rangers seemed in tune with game and every good play was met with cheers. Can’t underestimate fans getting crazy on every hit and the players feeding off the excitement.
They interviewed a few players. I think it was Smith who said “ you can feel the energy”. A few players said they got goosebumps when they stepped on the ice. It definitely helped.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
That was legit domination.

upload_2021-2-27_12-39-39.png

FUZfan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2018
Not to mention being the “tough guy” for once dropping his gloves after he saw it was Fox who squeezed his tiny head.

I like watching hard, physical games. Even enjoy when games get chippy too...means the emotions are higher. But he’s on another level entirely. Total disregard for rules and safety shouldn’t be tolerated and I won’t be surprised if he finds himself on the receiving end of a real nasty hit one of these days.

And for those who remember Avery, it may seem hypocritical to blast Marchand. But at least Avery answered for his sins. Marchand isn’t man enough to do the same.

Marchand going after Fox on that first shift was a feeble attempt at getting one of the rangers best players off of his game. Fox was unphased and went on to have a great game.

I gave Buch a star for hurting that rat in the third.

Raspewtin

Stay at home defenseman hater
May 30, 2013
so what did Johnson do to Frederic, is there a gif or something

ditto for Buch's second extermination on the rat

didn't see either of them

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago

I only watched on tv but it did feel like different energy. It really reminded me there are some things canned crowd noise can’t or won’t fake. Occasional boos after a bad call, the fake cheer for Tukka, big cheer at the end of a good period are things that you can’t replicate, can only happen naturally.

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey

If I recall correctly, JJ cross checked his head after they got tangled and Frederic was on his way down. And Buch missed his check as Marchand shifted away, ended up being knee on knee not on purpose though (didn’t throw it out to catch him)

Reactions: NYSPORTS

romba

Aug 2, 2005
New Jersey
I only watched on tv but it did feel like different energy. It really reminded me there are some things canned crowd noise can’t or won’t fake. Occasional boos after a bad call, the fake cheer for Tukka, big cheer at the end of a good period are things that you can’t replicate, can only happen naturally.
Fake crowd noise was shitty McShitface. It was way too delayed, the ref would already be blowing the play dead after a shot and the cheers would be just starting as they go to commercial. The same cheer no matter the play too, it really pulled me out of the game quite often. Thank god were moving past that. Hockey’s just too fast to use a fake crowd imo

Reactions: HatTrick Swayze

CupSeeker

Jan 28, 2021
Great Post. I think K Miller is so smooth. He’s huge. Fast. Calm. Awesome.
next season D:
Lindgren. Fox
Miller. Trouba
Hajek. Lundkvist
Smith
Smith isn't beating out Reunanen, Robertson and Schneider. Hajek is going to have a hard time being in the top 6 and i really like how he's playing. Still gets hit too much, but is showing great signs.

Last edited:

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019

Frederic was skating close and received cross check to the head. Crumbled the kid.

Baby Duck Homme

Still waiting to catch a puck from Fotiu...
Sep 14, 2005
Jersey City NJ
We played our best game without some of our best players. It seems sometimes the team waits for bread to work some magic. Last night we just got after it and didn’t rely on the next guy to make a play. Everyone was aggressive and physical.

More of that please!

NYSPORTS

back afta dis. . .
Jun 17, 2019
I thought Frederic took a bit of a dive. He looked up at the ref afterwards with a coy smile.

might have but i think his young ego would rather not put on an acting job. I think he may have been a bit embarrassed. Regardless, i wish he was ours. He is tough and little wild.

Reactions: leetch99

BKGooner

Jun 23, 2017
Fake crowd noise was shitty McShitface. It was way too delayed, the ref would already be blowing the play dead after a shot and the cheers would be just starting as they go to commercial. The same cheer no matter the play too, it really pulled me out of the game quite often. Thank god were moving past that. Hockey’s just too fast to use a fake crowd imo
On the other hand, you could tell when the real crowd was into it. Razzing Tukka, trying to fire the boys up on the PP, getting on the "injured" Marchand. It was great that the 2000 made their presence felt. 18200 should remember that.

Reactions: Cmox and romba

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
I L'ed MAO listening to the Bruin broadcast crew when Lemieux grabbed the Bruin from behind by the collar of his jersey and threw him down.....you should have heard them go on about it .

I listened to B’s feed also. Confirmed the worst type of homerism AINEC

Reactions: leetch99
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad