Status
Not open for further replies.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Lohrei takeaway

I expected pace to be to much
I thought he would be all gangly
I thought he’d look tall and kinda out of place

He kept up he got stronger as game progressed and appearance - not gangly and I don’t think he’s as tall as Carlo

I hope they don’t iron out to much of his game - he needs to be better defensively and can’t roam the country side but you want that offensive element

Carlo looks like a perfect match here long term
Lohrei spin move to get away from his man....was cool. I have only seen Gryz do that before.

Like you stated... more behind the scenes than noticeable yesterday. Which may not be a bad thing for now...

He probably knows also...without a solid footing in the D and Mid ice zones...he wont even dream about getting offensize zone opportunities

His skating is serviceable/mobile for height. But I doubt he could do anything like end to end stuff/carry the puck out of the zone with ease. I forgot who made the comparison... but high ceiling comparison to John Carlsson sounds good. Or Dougie Hamilton. Low ceiling - Taller Erik Gustafsson imo.

Reactions: Gordoff

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Lohrei spin move to get away from his man....was cool. I have only seen Gryz do that before.

Like you stated... more behind the scenes than noticeable yesterday. Which may not be a bad thing for now...

He probably knows also...without a solid footing in the D and Mid ice zones...he wont even dream about getting offensize zone opportunities

His skating is serviceable/mobile for height. But I doubt he could do anything like end to end stuff/carry the puck out of the zone with ease. I forgot who made the comparison... but high ceiling comparison to John Carlsson sounds good. Or Dougie Hamilton. Low ceiling - Taller Erik Gustafsson imo.
I feel like you’re watching a completely different player.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002

He’s apparently way more advanced than I thought

29 minutes???? The Sabres had both top regulars and 3 prospects who would be at or near top on Bostons- this wasn’t Rangers for a Public skate with Hartford AHL

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Lorhei carrying puck out of zone - actually controlling from d to o zone is his strength and goes back to being a sub 6 foot winger most of his life

He learned and played the game in the offensive zone - seems like a big time advantage

A lot of people got this Carlo- Lohrei pairing down including the coach and GM

Reactions: Kegs

The National

Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Lorhei carrying puck out of zone - actually controlling from d to o zone is his strength and goes back to being a sub 6 foot winger most of his life

He learned and played the game in the offensive zone - seems like a big time advantage

Carlo is a good mentor for him, should help with the defensive side of his game. And speeding up his decision making, Carlo has had to learn that the hard way unfortunately.

Reactions: DKH

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
Let’s assess New Years where he is
Absolutely. imo what he really needs is an attitude adjustment though. Has to realize and learn that at this level everybody is good and he can't just do what he used to do at a lower level and expect results. Maybe he will get that, but at this point he isn't showing it.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009

What about Lindholm? He seems to work well with Carlo.

Unless the plan (next season etc) would be to bump up Lindholm with McAvoy.

Anyways... good idea to pair with a steady stay at home D like Carlo

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
What about Lindholm? He seems to work well with Carlo.

Unless the plan (next season etc) would be to bump up Lindholm with McAvoy.

Anyways... good idea to pair with a steady stay at home D like Carlo
For 23-24 my plan would be the 44-8-5 foursome up until February 23 Washington trade

Grzelcyk- McAvoy
Lindholm- Carlo

I am Bettman

May 23, 2022
For 23-24 my plan would be the 44-8-5 foursome up until February 23 Washington trade

Grzelcyk- McAvoy
Lindholm- Carlo
I would put Lohrei on the third pairing with a serviceable vet to start, and if/when Lohrei shows he is ready for the top four I would trade Gryz.

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Absolutely. imo what he really needs is an attitude adjustment though. Has to realize and learn that at this level everybody is good and he can't just do what he used to do at a lower level and expect results. Maybe he will get that, but at this point he isn't showing it.
Attitude adjustment? Lol

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I would put Lohrei on the third pairing with a serviceable vet to start, and if/when Lohrei shows he is ready for the top four I would trade Gryz.
Grzelcyk is important to team and he and McAvoy are great together

Regular season Grzelcyk a beast and they need to make playoffs

Trading a very good player on ice and better off isn’t in the making the new captain job easy

If this was stratomatic I can see a trade but I would stunned if he’s traded

I want to see Lohrei in the AHL and dominate for October because he struggled a bit last April down there

I am Bettman

May 23, 2022

Trading a very good player on ice and better off isn’t in the making the new captain job easy

I want to see Lohrei in the AHL and dominate for October because he struggled a bit last April down there
Yeah I’m a big Gryz fan too. I was talking about 24-25 assuming Gryz has been re-signed. I meant that a Gryz trade might be necessary if Lohrei is clearly too good for the bottom pairing in 24-25.

Reactions: DKH

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Yeah I’m a big Gryz fan too. I was talking about 24-25 assuming Gryz has been re-signed. I meant that a Gryz trade might be necessary if Lohrei is clearly too good for the bottom pairing in 24-25
Lohrei & Carlo second pair gotta be the plan

That would eliminate the Hanifin dream but saves them lot of money

Grzelcyk would be 30 and you aren’t paying a third pair what he could get

BU West in SJ would seem logical- Coach gets a leader who he can count on having his back

BradMarchandismydad

Nov 22, 2016
Boston
Lohrei & Carlo second pair gotta be the plan

That would eliminate the Hanifin dream but saves them lot of money

Grzelcyk would be 30 and you aren’t paying a third pair what he could get

BU West in SJ would seem logical- Coach gets a leader who he can count on having his back

That pair would be so great.

And no one could call our line up smurfs ever again

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006

Lohrei - Carlo pairing could be very good. Will we see them again in pre-season?

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
Attitude adjustment? Lol
Do you honestly see a solid work ethic and drive and desire in Lysell or do you see a guy who has a pretty big ego and thinks it'll just magically come to him?

He's no Marchand I'll tell you that. So yes, lol all you want, just wait and see. He either changes or he will bust. Remains to be seen which.

• Haha
Reactions: bruinsfan1968

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
Lohrei - Carlo pairing could be very good. Will we see them again in pre-season?
Carlo is exactly what Lohrei needs to be around.

He looked better last game and better as the game went on, but man there's still a road ahead of him before the NHL.

Wasn't Grzelcyk the captain at BU when McAvoy joined the team?

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
Do you honestly see a solid work ethic and drive and desire in Lysell or do you see a guy who has a pretty big ego and thinks it'll just magically come to him?

He's no Marchand I'll tell you that. So yes, lol all you want, just wait and see. He either changes or he will bust. Remains to be seen which.
Lysell is clearly working very very hard. I’m not sure where u got that opinion? His flaw is trying to do too much. He has to simplify his game. He has elite skating and good vision. He has to learn his limitations

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Carlo is exactly what Lohrei needs to be around.

He looked better last game and better as the game went on, but man there's still a road ahead of him before the NHL.

Wasn't Grzelcyk the captain at BU when McAvoy joined the team?
Yes believe so

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
Lohrei needs time in the AHL and play 25 mins a night, first pair, first PP and first penalty kill to hone his skills. Call him up at the 60-70 game mark if he is ready and we are in a playoff spot. The closest comparison I see in his game is Kyle McLaren.
I cannot see Lysell making this team this year out of training camp, same goes for Merkulov and McLaughlin.
IMO Beecher has a spot pencilled in on the fourth line.
If Poitras continues to play the way he did against the NYR, I would seriously think of keeping him up with the team out of camp and give him 9 games to play at the NHL level. I cannot see this hurting his development.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad