Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Friday's Wrap

Frölunda wins 3-1,they now are 6-2 on the season
Kostadinski +2
Nassen 3 shots

WHL started regular season play last night
Swift Current lost 3-1 ,Dyck is still a few weeks out

The NCAA kids are on the ice but are also a few weeks out,expecting big things from Duran, Gasseau and Jellvik, expecting a rebound year from Spicer and Schmaltz
Not sure what to expect from Walsh and Locmelis

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022

Indeed, in terms of a learning curve, Lysell jusr doesn't seem to get it. He's still trying things he did in the kid leagues and isn't taking steps defensively or showing a real effort to learn and improve his game. Just thinks his given skills will get him there. More and more he looks like a potential bust.

Poitras, on the other hand, keeps getting better and better. Awareness and development taking place daily. I would really like to see them give him a chance in the top 6 for the regular season.

Beecher also seems like he actually could be 4C and fit that role perfectly.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009

Genuinely worried. This is a very hot take... but before his value tanks. Bruins should consider trading him.

He reminds me of Cehlarik.... in that he makes one too many mistakes/turnovers and not enough production.

PJ scouting hasn't been on point these days. Axel Andersson etc.and now Lysell none can get a proper footing at the big stage.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Indeed, in terms of a learning curve, Lysell jusr doesn't seem to get it. He's still trying things he did in the kid leagues and isn't taking steps defensively or showing a real effort to learn and improve his game. Just thinks his given skills will get him there. More and more he looks like a potential bust.

Poitras, on the other hand, keeps getting better and better. Awareness and development taking place daily. I would really like to see them give him a chance in the top 6 for the regular season.

Poitras is like a 5 year vet in a 19 year old body. He is as crafty as they come for a rookie.

Beecher did look good yesterday. Unlike Lysell, he has fantastic size and is a strong kid. I also do pencil him as starting day 4C.

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Thursday Night Wrap

Pelosi impressive again in a 2-1 OT loss
1 goal 4 shots
Hendrickson 2 shots, almost snuck a goal in short side

Myrenberg +1 14:31 TOI 7-4 loss
Looking forward to Pelosi progression. I dig his heavy game.

thoughts on Hendrickson?

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
Poitras is like a 5 year vet in a 19 year old body. He is as crafty as they come for a rookie.
ikr. I know the Bruins have a history of preferring veterans and don't like most of their kids to grow on the team but rather in the minors and AHL BUT (while I'm not comparing him to Bergeron in any way) the idea of slapping this 19 year old beside a veteran (Marchand) who can mentor him every shift should be considered. His skill set fits perfectly in a DeBrusk-Poitras-Marchand line

and, perhaps more importantly, this option creates a heck of a solid and deep line up. I mean just about everybody thinks Coyle isn't really a 1C and putting him in 1C makes us a weaker team than last year so if it was something like this:

DeBrusk-Poitras-Marchand
Pasternak-Zacha- Van Reimsdyk (?)
Frederic - Coyle - Geekie
Lucic-Beecher-Lauko

Now that third line becomes one that most teams will have trouble with and the bottom 6 can win us a lot of close games.

He’s 20. He’s had one professional season. He’s played one preseason game with Jayson Megna as his center. But he’s headed towards bust territory…ok.
If he starts to show signs of learning and developing he might be a potential player but right now I'm not seeing it. Not saying he's a definite bust, but right now, at this point, he does not look promising.

Reactions: Gordoff

I am Bettman

May 23, 2022
ikr. I know the Bruins have a history of preferring veterans and don't like most of their kids to grow on the team but rather in the minors and AHL BUT (while I'm not comparing him to Bergeron in any way) the idea of slapping this 19 year old beside a veteran (Marchand) who can mentor him every shift should be considered. His skill set fits perfectly in a DeBrusk-Poitras-Marchand line

and, perhaps more importantly, this option creates a heck of a solid and deep line up. I mean just about everybody thinks Coyle isn't really a 1C and putting him in 1C makes us a weaker team than last year so if it was something like this:

DeBrusk-Poitras-Marchand
Pasternak-Zacha- Van Reimsdyk (?)
Frederic - Coyle - Geekie
Lucic-Beecher-Lauko

Now that third line becomes one that most teams will have trouble with and the bottom 6 can win us a lot of close games.

If he starts to show signs of learning and developing he might be a potential player but right now I'm not seeing it. Not saying he's a definite bust, but right now, at this point, he does not look promising.
Maybe he’ll end up busting. There is a chance of that, and he has some legit flaws in his game. However, he has shown progression and some real flashes of intelligence and potential. To say he does not look promising is frankly ridiculous.

Reactions: BronxBruin

UncleRico

May 8, 2017

He just put up 37 points in 54 games as a 19 year old in the AHL. Yet you think he isn’t improving his game or putting in the effort?

Reactions: NDiesel

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA
He just put up 37 points in 54 games as a 19 year old in the AHL. Yet you think he isn’t improving his game or putting in the effort?
After coming off a very impressive playoffs in the WHL with 21 points in 12 games to boot. For example it took Senyshyn 37 OHL playoff games over 3 seasons to get to 21 points. Debrusk came off a 17 game PPG playoff before joining providence the next year and putting up pretty similar numbers to Lysell in his rookie season.

Reactions: HustleB

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Back log wrap

Saturday Frölunda won 4-3
Nassen 1 assist 1 shot +1
Kostadinski zeros

Sunday 5-1 loss
Kostadinski -1
Nassen 2 shots

Myrenberg 3-0 loss, -1 20:05 TOI
Linkoping is 2-2

Swift Current lost again 5-2
Dyck should be back in 2 to 3 weeks

Pelosi and Hendrickson play on Saturday

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
I get the concerns for Fabian Lysell, but I shall reserve my judgement until I see him paired with the right players; i.e. Poitras and Topper

Poitras and Lysell are skilled and daring enough to bring the best out of each other...and Topper just knows where to be to finish.

Speed, skill, puck handling, cunning pursuit, compete, finish...etc. It's all there.

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
He has skill, there's no question, but he isn't developing in a way that'll make him an NHL player. I'm saying POSSIBLE bust because of where he was drafted and the expectation. I don't see the desire and will on his part to get where he needs to be.

Right now reminds me of Nylander's brother who Buffalo drafted high expecting Nylander V2 but he just never got it and after bouncing around the fringes with a few teams I think played his way out of the league (unless he's on somebody's b list still). Just never got it.

But leave that where it is. Time will tell. He's definitely not making it this year. Poitras, on the other hand, has me excited about the possibilities.

Reactions: rocketdan9

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
He has skill, there's no question, but he isn't developing in a way that'll make him an NHL player. I'm saying POSSIBLE bust because of where he was drafted and the expectation. I don't see the desire and will on his part to get where he needs to be.

Right now reminds me of Nylander's brother who Buffalo drafted high expecting Nylander V2 but he just never got it and after bouncing around the fringes with a few teams I think played his way out of the league (unless he's on somebody's b list still). Just never got it.

But leave that where it is. Time will tell. He's definitely not making it this year. Poitras, on the other hand, has me excited about the possibilities.
Good point. Or Kravtov?

I would say this is a pivotal year for young Lysell. Even if he starts the season at the AHL. Needs to be nuts and bolts on the boring stuff or produce at a high level and mask mistakes.

Cant be stuck - in between. Not nuts and bolts but also making too many mistakes/turnovers.

Reactions: BiteThisBurrows

MarchysNoseKnows

Big Hat No Cattle
Feb 14, 2018
Good point. Or Kravtov?

I would say this is a pivotal year for young Lysell. Even if he starts the season at the AHL. Needs to be nuts and bolts on the boring stuff or produce at a high level and mask mistakes.

Cant be stuck - in between. Not nuts and bolts but also making too many mistakes/turnovers.
He had a great season for his age in the A last year. He’s 20 he’s on schedule. The last thing to do with a kid like that is neuter him into a dump and chase Jakob Lauko.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Lohrei takeaway

I expected pace to be to much
I thought he would be all gangly
I thought he’d look tall and kinda out of place

He kept up he got stronger as game progressed and appearance - not gangly and I don’t think he’s as tall as Carlo

I hope they don’t iron out to much of his game - he needs to be better defensively and can’t roam the country side but you want that offensive element

Carlo looks like a perfect match here long term

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad