Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects \ Providence \ Atlanta

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
http://www.espn.com/nhl/insider/sto...-ahead-2016-17-season-led-toronto-maple-leafs

Any ESPN 'insiders' on here who can tell the rest of us where Corey Pronman has the Bruins farm system ranked?

ESPN Insider is such a money grabbing scam. A few hours after that was posted, you can find other sites linking to it and posting the article for free.

http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/ranking-nhl-team-prospect-pipeline/story?id=41724093

If anyone here has ESPN insider, do yourself a BIG favor and just get rid of that ****. We live in the information age. If it's digital and on the internet, you can find it for free.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Pronman has Barzal in his top 14 and I don't remember seeing DeBrusk in his top 120 (might have missed it) --still too early to say how their NHL careers will turn out, but flipping Barzal would have brought in a very good, young Dman --or allowed us to move Krejci.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan
Pronman has Barzal in his top 14 and I don't remember seeing DeBrusk in his top 120 (might have missed it) --still too early to say how their NHL careers will turn out, but flipping Barzal would have brought in a very good, young Dman --or allowed us to move Krejci.

Regardless of what people say Brazal is not ready for the NHL yet, and he is a loooonnng way away from replacing Krejci, which is what you implied here. Not sure what people see I the guy but I may be wrong, just don't see that the Bruins missed on the guy, and they were not the only team to pass on him.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
100. Zach Senyshyn, RW, Boston Bruins
Age: 19 | Ht: 6-1 | Wt: 192 | 2015-16 team: Sault Ste. Marie (OHL)
Previous ranking: Not ranked

I criticized the Senyshyn pick last year, and I'm eating some crow right now. Senyshyn was one of the top shot generators and goal scorers in junior hockey this season, and he was consistently impressive for Sault Ste. Marie. Senyshyn is a fantastic skater with a top gear as good as that of anyone in the amateur ranks. The amount of power he generates off his first few strides is elite. On the negative side, he isn't incredibly physical, nor does he have a lot of bulk on his frame. He also has a lot of work to do defensively in making sure he doesn't cheat on his assignments.

Nice to see Zach sneak in there

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
The problem with Barzal is that he has a skillset that's a tough transition to the NHL. He relies on passing and hockey sense. When the speed of the game picks up, a good Junior pass gets picked off.

The Bruins picked Senyshyn because lightning speed, a good shot and driving the net work in the NHL. Similar take with Debrusk.

They translate quicker too. A guy like Barzal may eventually figure it out but how many guys like him were able to put it all together? It took Marc Savard until his third team. It took Mike Ribeiro six years.

It's a very fine line.

Fonzerelli

Jul 15, 2015
I'll come to you
The problem with Barzal is that he has a skillset that's a tough transition to the NHL. He relies on passing and hockey sense. When the speed of the game picks up, a good Junior pass gets picked off.

The Bruins picked Senyshyn because lightning speed, a good shot and driving the net work in the NHL. Similar take with Debrusk.

They translate quicker too. A guy like Barzal may eventually figure it out but how many guys like him were able to put it all together? It took Marc Savard until his third team. It took Mike Ribeiro six years.

It's a very fine line.

This is exactly the comp I see every time I watch him play. With time he'll potentially be a good to very-good player, but not the can't-miss prospect he's made out to be. Connor, White and Boeser are all better for my money.

Agree with the poster above though, (Colt.45Orr), having Barzal in the prospect pool might help land a top defender where DeBrusk and Zboril just don't have the same trade appeal.

reffree

Apr 24, 2003
ste-justine québec
Visit site

It's a very fine line.

I see it differently, Barzal skillset relies on hockey sense and great skating speed/agility. Barzal is way more in the mold of Gomez than Savard or Ribeiro who where both slow guys, one with incredible vision and the other with incredible hands, both where extremely lazy at a younger age, something Barzal is not.

It's hard to not see Barzal as at least a good/great 3rd liner, the thing I'm not sure on him is the offensive upside, he force the pass so much so often ... he'll need to make defender respect his shot by using it to have room to operate imho.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Just one guys opinion. Barzal is the sexier name. I get that.

But in terms of trade value, there are likely teams who like Barzal better, and there are likely teams who like Debrusk better.

And if the B's had picked Barzal it would mean a thing right now about dealing Krejci. Maybe down the road, but would have zero impact right now.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002

I get reading Kirk and Reed that they would take Sensyshyn over him Barzal

Edmonton not only passed on him they traded the 33rd pick with where he went for Reinhart

I wanted Barzal at that pick so I got my I was right speech all set to go

Bergeron Lucic Marchand Krejci never made a top 100 list either but Griffin Reinhart was top 10.

They are fun and I love reading them but I would not be surprised if Danton Heinen is better than many in that top 25 group

Was Heinen on that list ?

DeBrusk already has what I want in a Bruins player after getting back from that horrific injury

Hope he's in Providence can't wait to c him

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
I get reading Kirk and Reed that they would take Sensyshyn over him Barzal

Edmonton not only passed on him they traded the 33rd pick with where he went for Reinhart

I wanted Barzal at that pick so I got my I was right speech all set to go

Bergeron Lucic Marchand Krejci never made a top 100 list either but Griffin Reinhart was top 10.

They are fun and I love reading them but I would not be surprised if Danton Heinen is better than many in that top 25 group

Was Heinen on that list ?

DeBrusk already has what I want in a Bruins player after getting back from that horrific injury

Hope he's in Providence can't wait to c him

I'm very intrigued by DeBrusk. Seems like he has all the intangibles, and a heavy dose of skill. I think he has elements of Lucic and Eriksson in his game.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I'm very intrigued by DeBrusk. Seems like he has all the intangibles, and a heavy dose of skill. I think he has elements of Lucic and Eriksson in his game.

I am also. He probably will be in Providence to start so we will get a good look at where he is.

He can play off wing it looks like. Even with Vesey getting cold feet and following his agent/friend instead of heart the left side has many legit candidates in back of Marchand and Beleskey.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
I am also. He probably will be in Providence to start so we will get a good look at where he is.

He can play off wing it looks like. Even with Vesey getting cold feet and following his agent/friend instead of heart the left side has many legit candidates in back of Marchand and Beleskey.

Not questioning you, but where is the evidence he can play the off wing. He is always listed as a LW.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Not questioning you, but where is the evidence he can play the off wing. He is always listed as a LW.

Pretty sure in Memorial Cup. I watched those games and could have sworn he was playing his off wing

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
Pretty sure in Memorial Cup. I watched those games and could have sworn he was playing his off wing

He actually took some draws in the games I watched, although I don't think he's a natural C. He did play some off wing if I recall correctly, but I didn't see him regularly enough to know if this was common?

Heinen can play all three F positions, and I saw him do that regularly at Denver.

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
Pronman followed up his org rankings with his top 10 for each Club. Interesting that he has Gryz as the #3 D after McAvoy and Lauzon.

McAvoy
Senyshyn
Lauzon
JFK
Subban
Gryz
DeBrusk
Zboril
Lindgren
Carlo

Honorable Mention: Heinen

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
Pronman followed up his org rankings with his top 10 for each Club. Interesting that he has Gryz as the #3 D after McAvoy and Lauzon.

McAvoy
Senyshyn
Lauzon
JFK
Subban
Gryz
DeBrusk
Zboril
Lindgren
Carlo

I think a damn good case could be made for Gryzz being a top-3 defensive prospect for Boston. Came back after an injury and had a great season, displayed awesome leadership skills, was gritty and really worked on his two way game. He had a phenomenal senior year and if he can carry that right over into the AHL similar to Krug the Boston has another great option 2-3 years down the road.

Needless to say he really impressed me every time I saw him play this year.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

McAvoy
Senyshyn
Lauzon
JFK
Subban
Gryz
DeBrusk
Zboril
Lindgren
Carlo

I know a lot of people who are not big Pronman fans. Heinen with the honorable mention while JFK is 4th and Subban is 5th?

Ummm...ok. Now I can see why.

As a 19 year old freshman, JFK put up 30 pts in 39 games.

As a 19 yr old freshman, Heinen put up 45 pts in 40 games.

I have seen a good amount of each and both very good 3 zone players, but at the same age against similar D1 competition, Heinen outproduced JFK by 33%.

That's a pretty significant amount.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I know a lot of people who are not big Pronman fans. Heinen with the honorable mention while JFK is 4th and Subban is 5th?

Ummm...ok. Now I can see why.

As a 19 year old freshman, JFK put up 30 pts in 39 games.

As a 19 yr old freshman, Heinen put up 45 pts in 40 games.

I have seen a good amount of each and both very good 3 zone players, but at the same age against similar D1 competition, Heinen outproduced JFK by 33%.

That's a pretty significant amount.

The Hockey News has Zboril as the top rated prospect and McAvoy second. You just don't know. I believe Heinen and JFK will end up Boston's top two centers as Bergeron and Krejci move into their mid 30's.

I got to see JFK a few times live last year and just keyed on him and he's one step ahead of the play. Heinen you been telling me about him for two years and remind me when he's on so I'll watch him:laugh:....he's very impressive-similar to JFK, one step ahead.

There are two matchups I am watching- Barzal vs Heinen and Connor vs Sensyshyn.

I win no matter what which is pretty much the way I try to live my life so I'm rooting for the Boston guys but I clearly wanted the other two on draft day.

My hope is Heinen follows the Bergeron model and is successful as a winger before transitioning over to center.

We have Providence Bruins package and BU is a half hour ride so one way or another looking forward to watching these guys this season

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA

Barzal is worth a Griffin Reinhart. Thats exactly who he was traded for. Unless you think his draft + 1 season changed concerns about his size and non 5 on 4 play. Have no problem not having drafted Barzal. Connor is the one I am bummed about, but, unless Connor goes on to hit his ceiling as a 1st liner, I might still rather have someone with DeBrusk's style in a middle six role. Too early to know where these guys end up.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Barzal is worth a Griffin Reinhart. Thats exactly who he was traded for. Unless you think his draft + 1 season changed concerns about his size and non 5 on 4 play. Have no problem not having drafted Barzal. Connor is the one I am bummed about, but, unless Connor goes on to hit his ceiling as a 1st liner, I might still rather have someone with DeBrusk's style in a middle six role. Too early to know where these guys end up.

Barzal pick and the 33rd pick went for Reinhart. You could rationalize that Chiarelli could have had Connor or Barzal and Carlo for Reinhart- who will at best be a bottom half defenseman based on my live scouting. Sweens does that it probably knocks that he traded a 3 and a 5 for Liles off the mountain.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
The Hockey News has Zboril as the top rated prospect and McAvoy second. You just don't know. I believe Heinen and JFK will end up Boston's top two centers as Bergeron and Krejci move into their mid 30's.

I got to see JFK a few times live last year and just keyed on him and he's one step ahead of the play. Heinen you been telling me about him for two years and remind me when he's on so I'll watch him:laugh:....he's very impressive-similar to JFK, one step ahead.

There are two matchups I am watching- Barzal vs Heinen and Connor vs Sensyshyn.

I win no matter what which is pretty much the way I try to live my life so I'm rooting for the Boston guys but I clearly wanted the other two on draft day.

My hope is Heinen follows the Bergeron model and is successful as a winger before transitioning over to center.

We have Providence Bruins package and BU is a half hour ride so one way or another looking forward to watching these guys this season

Wouldn't the matchups be:

Connor and Barzal vs DeBrusk and Senyshyn?

Heinen was taken in 2014 before any of those guys were draft eligible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad