Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects \ Providence \ Atlanta

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
Wasn't Heinen a 19 year old freshman though? Veseys 19 and 20 year old seasons were his sophomore and junior seasons. If I remember right anyway vesey was drafted in his first year of eligibility and went to Harvard the following year and Heinen was drafted in his 2nd year of eligibility before attending Denver

Just looking at their birth dates and seasons they were both 19 yr old freshman. Vesey was 21 to start his breakout junior year

Fonzerelli

Jul 15, 2015
I'll come to you
Wasn't Heinen a 19 year old freshman though? Veseys 19 and 20 year old seasons were his sophomore and junior seasons. If I remember right anyway vesey was drafted in his first year of eligibility and went to Harvard the following year and Heinen was drafted in his 2nd year of eligibility before attending Denver

Vesey was passed over his first year of eligibility. He was drafted in the 3rd round in his 2nd year of eligibility and then went to Harvard. Exact same as Heinen.

Vesey then went -17, putting up 24 goals and 40 points spanning 52 Ivy League games as a freshman and sophomore at Harvard.

Heinen was +38, putting up 36 goals and 93 points through 81 games with Denver University as a freshman/sophomore.

If you told me I could only have either Jimmy Vesey or Danton Heinen, I'd take Danton Heinen every time.

Based on what we know right now, I 100% agree with you Mike. Of course, we have an opportunity to have both ...

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Vesey was passed over his first year of eligibility. He was drafted in the 3rd round in his 2nd year of eligibility and then went to Harvard. Exact same as Heinen.

Vesey then went -17, putting up 24 goals and 40 points spanning 52 Ivy League games as a freshman and sophomore at Harvard.

Heinen was +38, putting up 36 goals and 93 points through 81 games with Denver University as a freshman/sophomore.

Based on what we know right now, I 100% agree with you Mike. Of course, we have an opportunity to have both ...
Let's have both

I'm reading the leafs board and they are acting like the 1984-1990 Oilers are being assembled so we need both to compete against them until Eichel becomes a UFA in 6 years

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012

Thanks for correcting me. That drastically changes my opinion on him. I never thought he was a plug and play top 6 winger but now I think he might be the most overrated prospect to ever do the 4 years to ufa status trick. I think Schultz, Hayes, and Reilly didn't get half the hype vesey has gotten and they all I think brought more intriguing skill sets to the table. I'd also rather have Heinen. I'd rather have vatrano as well. We don't need LW. Our prospect pool has never been deeper at that position.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Purely out of genuine respect for you Dan, I'll be rooting for this.

Hope we have a happy ending some time next week (no skippy, not that kind :shakehead )

Even if Vesey bolts to Chicago or Toronto the Bruins have a lot of skill on the left side - where it may hurt is dealing surplus for a D. I clearly want Vesey but I'm a fan of Vatrano, Heinen, and DeBrusk- and Donato. Bjork and Gabrielle are also on that side. I won't be feeling sorry for Sweeney or myself

It will all work out in the end no matter what he does

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
How about Sweeney trades Donato as part of a package for a top three D man? Then, in two years, Teddy's kid pulls a Wheeler/Vesey and signs with Boston. Nice planning, huh?

Fonzerelli

Jul 15, 2015
I'll come to you
I wouldn't be at all surprised if Heinen ended up with a much better NHL career than Vesey.

I'm totally expecting that to be the case. I hope they both do well, but I agree, Heinen appears to be the much better of the two from afar. I admit to not having personal viewings of either beyond glimpses of video online. But I am "analytically" inclined and I'm pretty excited about Heinen.

I have Heinen and Vatrano battling with one another for ice time this year, with Heinen going back and forth to Providence and Vatrano going up and down the lineup in Boston. Vesey looks like a guy who needs AHL time as well. Likely back and forth and competing with Jake DeBrusk for opportunities.

My LW Depth chart with Vesey would be:

1.) Marchand (Top Line)
2.) Beleskey (Top 9)
3.) Vatrano (Versatile Line 2,3 & 4)
4.) Heinen (Line 2, 3, press box & Providence)
5.) Vesey (Line 2, 3, press box & Providence)
6.) DeBrusk (Line 3, 4, press box & Providence)
7.) Schaller (Line 4, press box & Providence)
8.) Chelarik (Press Box & Providence)
9.) Hargrove (Press Box & Providence)
10.) Blidh (Providence)

Also a chance Spooner gets moved to the wing. If so he slots in the top 3 as a 2nd or 3rd line winger

And off chance that Rinaldo is back, (I doubt it), He would be either 4th line, press box or Providence.

If Acciari plays his wing, he would also slot in 4th line, press box or Providence

And I know - always a chance somebody moves to the off wing. Could happen. Right now I don't see that happening with Backes, Pastrnak, Hayes, Randell, Ferlin, Nash, Griffith and possibly even Senyshyn getting his 9 games.

Ogrim

Oct 11, 2012
Stockholm
A guesstimate of a lineup. Q: Does O'Gara or Gryz play their off side? I only know Arnesson did it most of his time in Swe senior leagues. Asking because probably Arnesson, and not Cross will be bottom pairing.

Danton Heinen - Austin Czarnik - Seth Griffith
Jake DeBrusk - Tim Schaller - Brian Ferlin
Colton Hargrove - Sean Kuraly - Peter Cehlarik
Anton Blidh - Colby Cave - Justin Hickman
Zac Rinaldo

Matt Grzelcyk - Brandon Carlo
Rob O'Gara - Linus Arnesson
Tommy Cross - Alex Grant

Malcolm Subban
Zane McIntyre
Daniel Vladar

NHL: Tyler Randell Noel Acciari

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
A guesstimate of a lineup. Q: Does O'Gara or Gryz play their off side? I only know Arnesson did it most of his time in Swe senior leagues. Asking because probably Arnesson, and not Cross will be bottom pairing.

Danton Heinen - Austin Czarnik - Seth Griffith
Jake DeBrusk - Tim Schaller - Brian Ferlin
Colton Hargrove - Sean Kuraly - Peter Cehlarik
Anton Blidh - Colby Cave - Justin Hickman
Zac Rinaldo

Matt Grzelcyk - Brandon Carlo
Rob O'Gara - Linus Arnesson
Tommy Cross - Alex Grant

Malcolm Subban
Zane McIntyre
Daniel Vladar

NHL: Tyler Randell Noel Acciari

looks like a fun lineup to watch

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

lol...Too funny. He still remains bruin property so anything is possible.:yo:

ODAAT what has happened to the E Con shoe shop - food was ehh? Was pretty good a few years back? I was disappointed on my visit 3 weeks ago. I did visit Lower Deck and Dirty Nellies...never disappointing.

shackattack

Dec 9, 2015

ODAAT what has happened to the E Con shoe shop - food was ehh? Was pretty good a few years back? I was disappointed on my visit 3 weeks ago. I did visit Lower Deck and Dirty Nellies...never disappointing.

When I visit there I usually hit up Bubba Rays for wings on Spring Garden Road.8)

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

The Shoe Shop`s biggest draw is the funky space. Their kitchen, as I understand it, is they are consistently going through new chef`s. Not a clue who owns it but it feels like a new leader is required. Have you tried Lot 6? You should, also a funky space, not a big menu but a menu that is done right.

If/when your in town again, drop into the Press Gang, I`m there Tuesday`s through Saturday`s, were only open for dinner but we`ll have a coffee. If you decide to eat there, bring your wallet, it ain`t cheap but I am, and I can`t afford to buy ya dinner:)

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
The Shoe Shop`s biggest draw is the funky space. Their kitchen, as I understand it, is they are consistently going through new chef`s. Not a clue who owns it but it feels like a new leader is required. Have you tried Lot 6? You should, also a funky space, not a big menu but a menu that is done right.

If/when your in town again, drop into the Press Gang, I`m there Tuesday`s through Saturday`s, were only open for dinner but we`ll have a coffee. If you decide to eat there, bring your wallet, it ain`t cheap but I am, and I can`t afford to buy ya dinner:)

Like the Press Gang... Very cool. Company paid for my last meal there...So coffee sounds great. LOL. Have to check out Lot 6. Thanks for the insight. BTW love Halifax. One of my favourite cities in Canada next to St.Johns (not St.John lol) and Ottawa.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Like the Press Gang... Very cool. Company paid for my last meal there...So coffee sounds great. LOL. Have to check out Lot 6. Thanks for the insight. BTW love Halifax. One of my favourite cities in Canada next to St.Johns (not St.John lol) and Ottawa.

I like it here too however, it appears that by this time next year Mrs. Odaat and I are taking the Partridge family bust to the West Coast to be closer to her family. Investigating Kelowna/Penticton or the Sunshine Coast, getting older, can`t do the winters here any longer plus.........................longer golf season, have to have priorities straight:yo:

In order to stay OT, go PB`s go:)

Grumpy Grizz

Feb 27, 2002
Comox, Vancouver Island.
I like it here too however, it appears that by this time next year Mrs. Odaat and I are taking the Partridge family bust to the West Coast to be closer to her family. Investigating Kelowna/Penticton or the Sunshine Coast, getting older, can`t do the winters here any longer plus.........................longer golf season, have to have priorities straight:yo:

In order to stay OT, go PB`s go:)

If you're thinking Sunshine Coast, why not take the ferry across to the island. You can golf here year round, we also have Mt. Washington here. You can ski in the morning and golf in the afternoon. Housing prices are reasonable here in the Comox Valley compared to the places south of here. :)

Grasshopperking

Sponsor
Jun 5, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Since everyone seems upset about the possibility of not signing Jimmy Vesey, I'll take this moment to reiterate something I wrote a couple of months ago...

If you told me I could only have either Jimmy Vesey or Danton Heinen, I'd take Danton Heinen every time.

I think it was the idea that we could have had both. I'm not upset, it would have been nice to sign a top free wallet tho

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
I think it was the idea that we could have had both. I'm not upset, it would have been nice to sign a top free wallet tho
It would have been nice.

That said, I never saw him as being absolutely essential to the future of the franchise. I think he'll be a good player for the Rangers, and I think we'll be fine without him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad