Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects \ Providence \ Atlanta

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

DNE3

Sep 14, 2010
Where's the love for Cehlarik? Will be in providence this year.

Prospect lists become popularity contests. Cehlarik and Arnesson would be in my top ten, reasons, size and pedigree. Grzelcyk and Lindgren would drop.

Era of Sanity

Certified Poster
Nov 12, 2010
What do people that watch Providence think about Subban, somehow I have never been sold on him but I don't really know much about him, NHL future?

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Prospect lists become popularity contests. Cehlarik and Arnesson would be in my top ten, reasons, size and pedigree. Grzelcyk and Lindgren would drop.

True, and I suspect like many here, chances to watch Cehlarik aren`t as plentiful as some of the other prospects

pierre gagnon*

Mar 15, 2013
St. Catharines

I totally agree and a side note I do not care one iota about barzal or connor but they are not Bruins. I am kind of sick of hearing about them, hoping beleskey knocks them into tomorrow

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
Barzal is worth a Griffin Reinhart. Thats exactly who he was traded for. Unless you think his draft + 1 season changed concerns about his size and non 5 on 4 play. Have no problem not having drafted Barzal. Connor is the one I am bummed about, but, unless Connor goes on to hit his ceiling as a 1st liner, I might still rather have someone with DeBrusk's style in a middle six role. Too early to know where these guys end up.

I want whoever is the better player, I don't care about this middle-six role stuff (whatever that is).

And Barzal is certainly worth more than Rienhart + a 2nd. Just because Chiarelli overpaid and made a bad deal doesn't dictate the trade value of Barzal. I'd be surprised if Reinhart is ever a regular NHL player, doesn't matter where he was picked.

His trade value is whatever the acquiring team thinks it is. Certainly if you consider Barzal, Connor, Debrusk, and Senhyshen, there are teams like certain ones more than others. Some may favor Debrusk at this stage, others Barzal, etc.

Speed Shooter

Fly. Don't look, just fly.
Jul 6, 2010
God's Country
I want whoever is the better player, I don't care about this middle-six role stuff (whatever that is).

And Barzal is certainly worth more than Rienhart + a 2nd. Just because Chiarelli overpaid and made a bad deal doesn't dictate the trade value of Barzal. I'd be surprised if Reinhart is ever a regular NHL player, doesn't matter where he was picked.

His trade value is whatever the acquiring team thinks it is. Certainly if you consider Barzal, Connor, Debrusk, and Senhyshen, there are teams like certain ones more than others. Some may favor Debrusk at this stage, others Barzal, etc.

While that may very well be the case behind close doors, to my knowledge I have yet to read a single article, post or even as much of a passing mention of ANYONE favoring DeBrusk over Barzal at this stage outside Boston-tied/based folks.

In fact, I would go so far as to say it's been the overwhelming opposite from outright criticism or worse, sneers at Bruins for passing on Barzal to take DeBrusk. Any Google search will justify that popular assertion -- as premature at it may be.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
While that may very well be the case behind close doors, to my knowledge I have yet to read a single article, post or even as much of a passing mention of ANYONE favoring DeBrusk over Barzal at this stage outside Boston-tied/based folks.

In fact, I would go so far as to say it's been the overwhelming opposite from outright criticism or worse, sneers at Bruins for passing on Barzal to take DeBrusk. Any Google search will justify that popular assertion -- as premature at it may be.

True, but what the "pundits" think doesn't really matter. Consensus even today is Barzal, but I don't think the gap is huge between him and Debrusk.

For the record, I like Debrusk the least of the 4, passing on Connor really burns me but Barzal I'm meh, Senhyshyn I could go either way but that's just my uneducated opinion.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002

I wanted Barzel but I've never really seen him play. I was going by red line, ISS etc and stuff on HF

I have seen DeBrusk and I like him a lot.

The two memorial cup games and the OHL playoff games I saw DeBrusk got 2 first stars and in another was second - the only game he didn't stand out was the memorial cup game against London.

He showed amazing hands, calmness, and offensive instincts in camp. He always seemed composed and made right decision

I Also have providence package so I expect to see him there m

Can't wait to see what he looks like but IM feeling good about him

Mikey71

Apr 3, 2005
FYI from here in the Soo, in case it hasn't been posted yet. Senyshyn had surgery this morning for appendicitis and will be out roughly 3 weeks. Another tough break for the kid after getting mono earlier.

BBB24

Aug 12, 2010
Saskatchewan

Obviously some had DeBrusk rated higher than Brazal since the Bruins drafted him where they did, I assuming it was not a one person decision. Maybe we should wait to see how they pan out, maybe they both end up in Europe in a few years or both may end up being solid players. Personally i am happy with the way things went down, I have seen both play and much prefer DeBrusk over Brazal, but I am no expert.

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
Obviously some had DeBrusk rated higher than Brazal since the Bruins drafted him where they did, I assuming it was not a one person decision. Maybe we should wait to see how they pan out, maybe they both end up in Europe in a few years or both may end up being solid players. Personally i am happy with the way things went down, I have seen both play and much prefer DeBrusk over Brazal, but I am no expert.

So when you "watched him play" how far away were the seats from the ice? I mean, you didn't even notice his name on the back of the jersey?

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
FYI from here in the Soo, in case it hasn't been posted yet. Senyshyn had surgery this morning for appendicitis and will be out roughly 3 weeks. Another tough break for the kid after getting mono earlier.

tough break indeed, was looking forward to hearing about the kid from those attending camp

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
I don't know how credit should be split up but time will show the 2014 draft was phenomenal - a shame they didn't have a 3rd round pick

This will be equivalent to shooting 64 in a round at the US Open

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
My Pre-Training Camp Top 10 Prospects List:

1. Charlie McAvoy - Very encouraged by everything I've seen and heard about McAvoy since the draft. I think he'll be a top pairing NHL defenseman.

2. Danton Heinen - I love his game. Terrific hands, high hockey IQ... I think he'll play a not insignificant number of games in Boston this year.

3. Frank Vatrano - Seems to have his head on straight in terms of improving his defensive play. If he becomes better defensively, then Claude will play him. If Claude plays him, he will score.

4. Jake DeBrusk - I was sold based on his post-season play. Similar game to Heinen - terrific hands, great hockey IQ, and he skates better than we were first led to belive.

5. Jakob Zboril - Skill development is not linear. Sometimes, you take a step back in order to take two steps forward. I think Zboril's got all the physical tools.

6. Jeremy Lauzon - Love the trend towards big defensemen who can skate and who own some puck skills.

7. Zach Senyshyn - Not quite as high on Senyshyn as others are. I think the tools are there for him to be a star... but he's not consistent, and I'm not sure he has a great feel for the game.

8. Jakob Forsbacka-Karlsson - Love the skills, and I love the hockey sense. I worry he's not a good enough skater

9. Malcolm Subban - He's Missouri... it's time for him to Show Me.

10. Anders Bjork - I think he'll be one of the best players in all of college hockey this year.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

1. Charlie McAvoy - Very encouraged by everything I've seen and heard about McAvoy since the draft. I think he'll be a top pairing NHL defenseman.

2. Danton Heinen - I love his game. Terrific hands, high hockey IQ... I think he'll play a not insignificant number of games in Boston this year.

3. Frank Vatrano - Seems to have his head on straight in terms of improving his defensive play. If he becomes better defensively, then Claude will play him. If Claude plays him, he will score.

4. Jake DeBrusk - I was sold based on his post-season play. Similar game to Heinen - terrific hands, great hockey IQ, and he skates better than we were first led to belive.

5. Jakob Zboril - Skill development is not linear. Sometimes, you take a step back in order to take two steps forward. I think Zboril's got all the physical tools.

6. Jeremy Lauzon - Love the trend towards big defensemen who can skate and who own some puck skills.

7. Zach Senyshyn - Not quite as high on Senyshyn as others are. I think the tools are there for him to be a star... but he's not consistent, and I'm not sure he has a great feel for the game.

8. Jakob Forsbacka-Karlsson - Love the skills, and I love the hockey sense. I worry he's not a good enough skater

10. Anders Bjork - I think he'll be one of the best players in all of college hockey this year.

Good list, I would have added Carlo and Lindgren somewhere, and gone with a Top 12.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario

My dark horse because he's always neglected is Cehlarik. Why? Because he's always neglected. :D

twominute

Mar 16, 2008
Washington, dc

I would put Carlo in there maybe as high as 6. His game isn't flashy but from what I saw at the jrs he is a beast defensively with good wheels.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006

Same as I would have it, except I would swap Carlo for Subban. Incredible depth in this prospect pool. The fact that a USA-WJC rep (Donato) and a WHL 40 goal scorer (Gabrielle) don't make the top 10 proves it.

Btw, I think McAvoy and Heinen are in their own tier. Both project as elite players imo.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002

I just read and listened to Kirk's blog on the Center group and agree with him on Ryan Donato. He's got a lot going for him - good size, hands, and hockey IQ. His size and skating are not extraordinary but they are not a hinderance and will allow his plus hands and sense to play out.

Boston has two terrific young top 6 offensive center prospects in college hockey right now.

SanDogBrewin

Righteous bucks!
Jan 14, 2010
On a tasty wave
twitter.com

Is ^this^ based on watching Senyshyn play and/or what OHL writers along with what fans have said ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad