Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects \ Providence \ Atlanta

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

reffree

Apr 24, 2003
ste-justine québec
Visit site
My Pre-Training Camp Top 10 Prospects List:

1. Charlie McAvoy - Very encouraged by everything I've seen and heard about McAvoy since the draft. I think he'll be a top pairing NHL defenseman.

2. Danton Heinen - I love his game. Terrific hands, high hockey IQ... I think he'll play a not insignificant number of games in Boston this year.

3. Frank Vatrano - Seems to have his head on straight in terms of improving his defensive play. If he becomes better defensively, then Claude will play him. If Claude plays him, he will score.

4. Jake DeBrusk - I was sold based on his post-season play. Similar game to Heinen - terrific hands, great hockey IQ, and he skates better than we were first led to belive.

5. Jakob Zboril - Skill development is not linear. Sometimes, you take a step back in order to take two steps forward. I think Zboril's got all the physical tools.

6. Jeremy Lauzon - Love the trend towards big defensemen who can skate and who own some puck skills.

7. Zach Senyshyn - Not quite as high on Senyshyn as others are. I think the tools are there for him to be a star... but he's not consistent, and I'm not sure he has a great feel for the game.

8. Jakob Forsbacka-Karlsson - Love the skills, and I love the hockey sense. I worry he's not a good enough skater

9. Malcolm Subban - He's Missouri... it's time for him to Show Me.

10. Anders Bjork - I think he'll be one of the best players in all of college hockey this year.

I don't want to derail this thread, but I agree with your list and the top two being in their own tier, I hope people won't attack your opinion now that I've endorse it. :laugh:

PIMsCup

Nov 18, 2014
LA / NH Boston?
I think Vatrano belongs ato the top, and I would bump Seny up 2/3 slots.

Also...can people stop quoting the entirety of long posts? It makes reading on a phone impossible.

Fonzerelli

Jul 15, 2015
I'll come to you
Another 3 point night for Gabrielle moves him to the top of the WHL scoring race. It's only preseason of course, but he's definitely picked up right where he left off. Should make a strong case as the highest scoring player in the WHL this year, if not in all of junior hockey. Wearing a letter for his team as well this year. All good signs.

Fonzerelli

Jul 15, 2015
I'll come to you
@MarkDivver
"Providence Bruins sign 6-foot-5 defenseman Alex Roach & goalie Matt Ginn (@GinnAndTonic35) to AHL contracts."

Didn't see this posted any where.

Roach is a nice player. A late bloomer who didn't break out offensively until his 19 year old season and then he exploded. He moves the puck well, has a big shot and likes to join the rush. He returned as a 20 year old and wore a letter for the Hitmen. He put up 23 goals and 93 points from the blue line in his final 2 years, but they were his 19 & 20 year old years. Still, he's not a one trick pony, as he is 3 dimmensional, plays a big shutdown game (was a stellar plus/minus guy) and can be relied on in all situations. Not shy about the rough stuff but he doesn't go out of his way to find trouble. He's a project, but given an opportunity, I could see some untapped potential there yet. Problem is, we are pretty stacked on D in Providence by the looks of it, but he could definitely win a job.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Roach is a nice player. A late bloomer who didn't break out offensively until his 19 year old season and then he exploded. He moves the puck well, has a big shot and likes to join the rush. He returned as a 20 year old and wore a letter for the Hitmen. He put up 23 goals and 93 points from the blue line in his final 2 years, but they were his 19 & 20 year old years. Still, he's not a one trick pony, as he is 3 dimmensional, plays a big shutdown game (was a stellar plus/minus guy) and can be relied on in all situations. Not shy about the rough stuff but he doesn't go out of his way to find trouble. He's a project, but given an opportunity, I could see some untapped potential there yet. Problem is, we are pretty stacked on D in Providence by the looks of it, but he could definitely win a job.

How's his skating? He's a big kid...6'4, 230.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
I wouldn't even put Vatrano on that list to be honest, he's played quite a bit of pro hockey now and has an edge over everyone else - don't feel he can be evaluated the same

And Id replace Subban with Carlo for the same reason plus I think Carlo just projects as a better player either way

Which also begs the question why we should even draft goalies anymore? Seems like goalies come from other teams often times. I at the very least don't like the idea of drafting goalies in the first round.

Shame they spent that pick on Subban instead of Vesey, and I like Subban (but not so sure he'll ever stick with the B's)

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
I wouldn't even put Vatrano on that list to be honest, he's played quite a bit of pro hockey now and has an edge over everyone else - don't feel he can be evaluated the same

And Id replace Subban with Carlo for the same reason plus I think Carlo just projects as a better player either way

Which also begs the question why we should even draft goalies anymore? Seems like goalies come from other teams often times. I at the very least don't like the idea of drafting goalies in the first round.

Shame they spent that pick on Subban instead of Vesey, and I like Subban (but not so sure he'll ever stick with the B's)

We can debate all day when a player shouldn't have prospect status anymore.

Is Seth Griffith still a prospect? Who knows. He's played almost as much NHL hockey as Vatrano, but has significantly more pro experience.

While I'm not a fan of using 1st rounders on G, I think Subban would of been the back-up to Rask this season had it not been for his serious throat injury. The fact he was asked to come to Dev. Camp shows management is concerned. Too big a question mark heading into this season, hence the Khudobin signing (along with expansion implications).

SanDogBrewin

Righteous bucks!
Jan 14, 2010
On a tasty wave
twitter.com

Nice summary, Thanks :)

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Both. I've seen him a couple of times, and I've also read a lot of what's been written about him. I see a lot of Chris Kreider in his game... and that's both good and bad.

I do believe Senyshyn mentioned that he patterns his game after Chris Kreider.

SanDogBrewin

Righteous bucks!
Jan 14, 2010
On a tasty wave
twitter.com
Both. I've seen him a couple of times, and I've also read a lot of what's been written about him. I see a lot of Chris Kreider in his game... and that's both good and bad.

I've read the Kreider comparison. I have not seen him live just buying some OHL games online last season. I like his game and his streaky. Not saying you don't but I still like Senyshyn's chances.

Fonzerelli

Jul 15, 2015
I'll come to you
How's his skating? He's a big kid...6'4, 230.

He gets around the ice ok. He won't wont wow you with skating. No blazing speed or slippery moves, but he's fluid. He skates well for a big man and was even "deceptively fast" playing against smaller kids in junior. I suspect at the next level that will disappear, but his skating is adequate for his game, as he rarely puts himself in trouble. He models his game these days, ironically enough, after Chara. He had some surgery (shoulder I think) after going pro. I think it was a minor setback which put him down in the ECHL for a stretch.

Outside of the late career (WHL) offensive heroics and being defensively responsible throughout his career (WHL), he is known for his character and leadership. Pretty common theme in Providence it seems. He should fit right in.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Bruins have high hopes for rookie Danton Heinen

BOLTON — Bruins young and old gathered Monday to take their hacks at The International, the expansive and bucolic golf course in Central Massachusetts, the club’s annual outing the first sure sign each season that hockey is headed our way like a supercharged Zamboni.

Among the youngest in the bunch: Danton Heinen, who signed on with the Black and Gold brigade this past spring after filling up the scoresheet with 36 goals in 81 games the last two seasons at the University of Denver.

“I felt like I improved a lot,’’ said the 21-year-old left winger, asked why he felt now was the time to transition from college to the pro game. “I felt comfortable getting my pro career started.’’

Just how ready, just how fit, will be determined over the next couple of weeks. Heinen, with a skill set projecting as a potential top-six NHL winger, will report to his first rookie camp Thursday when the Bruins call all their newbies together at Warrior Ice Arena in Brighton. The entire bunch then will head to Buffalo for four days for training and a round-robin tourney with the Sabres and Devils rookies.

http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/b...nton-heinen/0Fhz2VjFfjeHH4QdBHOJYN/story.html

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Bruins' Noel Acciari has positive outlook on roster battle

For much of the summer, it appeared as though Noel Acciari possessed the inside track to the fourth line center job. Though he had only played 19 NHL games at the end of last season, his rugged style seemed to make him a natural for the spot.

But his incumbent status was thrown into question when the Bruins signed center Dominic Moore to a one-year deal a few weeks ago.

If Acciari is looking at the Moore signing as anything but a challenge for when main training camp opens on Sept. 22, he was keeping it to himself.

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/...acciari_has_positive_outlook_on_roster_battle

whitetape

Jun 3, 2006
Thanks. I was a little worried since I think of Bjork as possibly the best forward prospect (if you don't count Vatrano) at the moment.

bizman

Feb 27, 2009
montreal
Thanks. I was a little worried since I think of Bjork as possibly the best forward prospect (if you don't count Vatrano) at the moment.

Bjork has a decent chance to crack the bottom 6 in a few years. There are quite a few guys who have a much higher ceiling.

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
am I the only one who isn't that high on JFK? I'd probably rate him 6th of those first 6 picks in the 15 draft. He seems like a smart player but doesn't really wow me in any aspect in his freshman year at bu. He was a serviceable guy and played well but didn't stand out collegiately. Not in the way Heinen or mcavoy did. For kicks my top 10 is

1. Mcavoy
2. Vatrano
3. Heinen
4. Carlo
5. Debrusk
6. Senyshyn
7. lindgren
8. Zboril
9. Lauzon
10. Gabrielle

HM: JFK, donato, bjork

PIMsCup

Nov 18, 2014
LA / NH Boston?
Czech winger Simon Stranksy gets an invite. Was a point per game with Prince Albert in the WHL last year. Seems like most people had him as a 2nd round pick this year with 1st round skill. Apparently he can play both wings. Dom via twitter reports that some say he could have attitude issues, but is a high IQ player with a great release. Pasternak has played with him previously for Czech national team, I believe.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad