Boston Bruins Bruins Prospects Discussion IV - Mod warning 565

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bearcountry17

Jun 4, 2012
South Shore, MA
would love to see Blidh get a shot on the 4th line.

Agree. He’s been steadily progressing and has been pretty hot recently. I think he could be a great 4th liner. Maybe sit Schaller and see if a scratch gets him producing as he was very good to start the year when everyone was out but the offense has dried up.

Reactions: bryson21

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Knight’s biggest issue may have been that he was a Type 1 diabetic? He and the B’s thought he could overcome it, but I believe that it was the prime culprit in his inability to stay healthy and on the ice, which led to a lack of confidence from coaches. One could say that perhaps the B’s should have paid more attention to the condition prior to drafting Knight, which would be a valid argument.

Knight was a high 2nd and Gabrielle was a 4th, so the expectations should probably be a little different. I would give Gabrielle at least a year, maybe two, before writing him off.

I apologize if I came across as writing him off as that wasn`t/isn`t my intention. I have/had few expectations for him mostly because I have never seen him play, just not a Junior player who I had access to on the tube down here. I did however read much about him from those who are out West and had access to him and loved the comments they were making about him.

I`m also one, as you likely know who doesn`t operate with the train of thought that a players NHL future is determined by year 1 results, he**, I`m still a believer that a prospect shouldn`t be written off before they`ve had a solid 2 years in the minors and maybe my Jared Knight comp was unrealistic and irresponsible.

I dunno, for whatever reason, based on what I read about how he played in Junior, being a royal pain in the arse for opponents, I hadn`t read much here about him doing this at the pro level, sorry if I sounded judgy

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
I apologize if I came across as writing him off as that wasn`t/isn`t my intention. I have/had few expectations for him mostly because I have never seen him play, just not a Junior player who I had access to on the tube down here. I did however read much about him from those who are out West and had access to him and loved the comments they were making about him.

I`m also one, as you likely know who doesn`t operate with the train of thought that a players NHL future is determined by year 1 results, he**, I`m still a believer that a prospect shouldn`t be written off before they`ve had a solid 2 years in the minors and maybe my Jared Knight comp was unrealistic and irresponsible.

I dunno, for whatever reason, based on what I read about how he played in Junior, being a royal pain in the arse for opponents, I hadn`t read much here about him doing this at the pro level, sorry if I sounded judgy

You didn’t sound Judgy, I was just pointing out the differences between the two players. I think (could be wrong) that the B’s are trying to prep Gabrielle for a 4th line role in Boston, with the idea that he works his way up into a more prominent role as he gains experience.

Reactions: ODAAT

whatsbruin

Feb 27, 2002
Central, NY
Knight’s biggest issue may have been that he was a Type 1 diabetic? He and the B’s thought he could overcome it, but I believe that it was the prime culprit in his inability to stay healthy and on the ice, which led to a lack of confidence from coaches. One could say that perhaps the B’s should have paid more attention to the condition prior to drafting Knight, which would be a valid argument.

Knight was a high 2nd and Gabrielle was a 4th, so the expectations should probably be a little different. I would give Gabrielle at least a year, maybe two, before writing him off.

Didn't realize Knight has diabetes.
I know of other nhl'rs that had it (Bobby Clarke, Former B's Dman forget the name right now). Wanted to find why type Clarke had, haven't found it yet, but found this which is quite the routine he needed:

"Clarke’s lack of knowledge about diabetic diets made the start of his career challenging. He had two serious diabetic seizures during training camp, but got a handle on his disease after one of his coaches drew up a complete dietary plan for Clarke to follow. His diet antics would later become famous: he would drink two cans of Coca-Cola with three spoonfuls of sugar before a game. Between periods, he downed half a glass of orange juice with sugar added, and a whole glass after the game. He packed chocolate bars and glucose gum in his uniform pockets to prevent his sugar from falling from all the physical activity during the sixty-minute games.

Read more: Famous People with Diabetes: Hockey Legend Bobby Clarke - dLife
Follow us: @dLife on Twitter | dLife on Facebook
"

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
Some great commentary on Senyshen and Z; I’d be curious as to how Gabrielle is evolving (or not).

Gabrielle hasn't adjusted well in Providence as yet. Mark Divver interviewed Coach Leach about the rookie prospects on the P-Bruins and here's what he said about Gabrielle on November 30:

Leach: “Jesse’s had a tough start. We’re trying to find him a role. He can skate like the wind. He’s got a nice shot, nice hands. He’s a physical specimen. We’re still looking for him to bring the consistency – up and down heavy winger that can score. We teach the game a certain way. We want to make sure we take care of the puck. As we know, if you go up to the NHL and you don’t take care of the puck, it’s done, it’s over. I think Jesse is learning that and he’s also playing against men. It’s a different game. He’s going through that process right now.’’

Progress report on Providence Bruins rookies

Reactions: Flannelman

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Urho Vaakanainen antaa jäällä ohjeita englanniksi jo suomalaisillekin SaiPassa – ”Pystymme ottamaan sen suorankin playoffs-paikan” - Etelä-Saimaa

It's in Finnish but Google Translate will help--some.

And sometimes it gives you sentences like this which just make you :huh:.
'After the injury, big potato worms got the lactic acid to catch up in the Vaakanainen crocodile matches, which is why the thoughts did not work in the rink as they normally did.'
o_O

We are very very very far from Skynet.

And when we are close enough to make something as smart as Skynet, we will most certainly screw it up. :)

Son of Donegal

Stay-at-home defenseman with zero upside.
Aug 1, 2008
Maynard, MA
thomsonsafaris.com
Jesse has a certain self-confidence that you like to see in a player. Good for him and us.

That said, I think he was a little surprised at how different the AHL is to juniors. But I also think he'll do whatever it takes to put it all together.

With the emergence of DeBrusk and Heinen...and the progress of Senyshyn (especially since he has never been viewed as a 2-way guy), you have to think Providence is the perfect place for Gabrielle to sort things out. There is no rush with him. No pressure aside from that which he puts on himself. Learn the system, take it step by step, and at the end of a season, look at the whole body of work. I am impressed by Jay Leach and his approach to coaching!

Reactions: Battleford Bruin

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
With the emergence of DeBrusk and Heinen...and the progress of Senyshyn (especially since he has never been viewed as a 2-way guy), you have to think Providence is the perfect place for Gabrielle to sort things out. There is no rush with him. No pressure aside from that which he puts on himself. Learn the system, take it step by step, and at the end of a season, look at the whole body of work. I am impressed by Jay Leach and his approach to coaching!

Leach, Dean, Langenbrunner, Pandolfo and Dunham were all around that incredible New Jersey Devils team/management. They were around guys like Scott Stevens, Scott Niedermayer, Ken Daneyko, Marty Brodeur Larry Robinson, Jacque Lemaire, Jacques Laperierre...guys like that...Pat Burns. World class organization at the time, and good people. It's easy to see why Sweeney would want guys who learned over there to teach and instruct over here. You can see it in the young guys. The hustle, dedication and structure.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

He was a 4th round pick, if it takes 2-3 years in Providence for him to progress into being an NHL player, so be it. Expectations on Gabrielle this past summer were probably unrealistic.

As Dom said, he seems to have that self-confidence, which is half the battle right there.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
He was a 4th round pick, if it takes 2-3 years in Providence for him to progress into being an NHL player, so be it. Expectations on Gabrielle this past summer were probably unrealistic.

As Dom said, he seems to have that self-confidence, which is half the battle right there.

He's going to be good ... no worries from this fan.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Bruins notebook: Colby Cave’s dream comes true with emergency call-up

“I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t (nervous), but not having nerves means you don’t care. So obviously getting the win puts the cherry on top of things. It’s a dream come true getting the first one out of the way and hopefully I can keep sticking around here,” Cave said last night after making his NHL debut in the Bruins’ 2-1 shootout win over the Winnipeg Jets at the Garden.
His exuberance showed early when he was called for interference at 7:00 of the first period.
“I got a little anxious there and took a penalty on my first or second shift, but I’ve got a good group of guys and they killed it off for me. But it felt good with a couple touches of the puck and whoever you play with on this team you’re going to have

cobrak

Feb 27, 2002
Hockeyland
You think folks would learn watching guys like Marchand or recently Heinen break in

Heinen started in Boston last year looked timid was sent down and struggled to really well after the New Year. He then took off in April and went back with knowledge of what the NHL is about from preparation, pace, and strength along with confidence from the AHL.

DeBrusk had the AHL part and the schedule but not the NHL pace, strength- I'm sure being the son of a long time NHL player he had some understanding of what preparation is

Bjork had none of this and I'm reading his name as a throw in in the trade thread and questioning his skills

Anyone over 15 with that little patience is walking up to the plate facing life with at least one strike on you. If you want to have certain characteristics patience is near the top.

Senyshyn will play this entire AHL season as a 20 year old I think by the time he is 23 and hopefully it's in Boston he's going to be a heck of an NHL player

I hope all of the first year pro "kids" follow the same development path that DeBrusk did. Tell them this year is to learn and you are a PBruin unless the wheels come off with injury in Boston because you need to learn how to be a pro. There was an article about how at the end of the year Sweeney considered calling up DeBrusk because he deserved it and could help Boston but decided to follow the path that would develop DeBrusk long term. This is indicative of teams that develop great teams through drafting instead of ones that squeak into the playoffs for a round or two and make band-aid trades to fix glaring weaknesses.

I feel totally comfortable with the future of the team the way the staff seems to be committed to getting better.

PlayMakers

Aug 9, 2004
Medfield, MA
I feel totally comfortable with the future of the team the way the staff seems to be committed to getting better.

Every time I see your username, I think of CobraKai...

529102_1.jpg

:D:laugh::naughty:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad