Boston Bruins Bruins Prospects Discussion IV - Mod warning 565

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Don't know much about him other than he was a late round pick and there was one member here who was extremely high on him a yr ago. How would you describe his game and his possibility of one time wearing the crescent B on his chest?
What stands out is he's calm and smooth,has a professional game already just needs a little more refinement ,could use a bit more strength ,to me he's ahead of the rest of them if not for the injuries but you cant develop if you're in the press box week after week,I would think we'll see him in Boston this year again assuming he's healthy.
Have to say Providence has done a very good job getting these kids ready last few years,stay the course

ORR2Sanderson2ORR

Bobby Orr Scores
Aug 24, 2005
Everywhere
What stands out is he's calm and smooth,has a professional game already just needs a little more refinement ,could use a bit more strength ,to me he's ahead of the rest of them if not for the injuries but you cant develop if you're in the press box week after week,I would think we'll see him in Boston this year again assuming he's healthy.
Have to say Providence has done a very good job getting these kids ready last few years,stay the course

Wow! That sounds pretty promising for a 7th round pick. Kudos again to the Bruins scouts. What a draft yr 2014 has become Pastrnak,Heinen,Bjork, Donato and Johansson the only picks the Bruins had that yr but bang on!

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Thanks guys. Appreciated. Seemed like so many of the kids graduated so I wasn't sure and haven't looked much at the WJC.
Vaakanienen (sp?) isn't going? Pro team didn't release him?

Alan Ryan

Jun 1, 2006
What's the deal with Swaymam. My college hockey buds say he's a stud. Really ?

Hockey East Player of the Week last week.

Also:

Swayman, who was the November Hockey East Pro Ambitions Rookie of the Month runner-up, is 5-3-1 on the year with a .925 save percentage and 2.38 goals against average. His save percentage ranks him 11th in the country and second among rookies. He was also named the Pro Ambitions Rookie of the Week on Nov. 20 after backstopping the Black Bears to a 5-2 win over then No. 19 Boston University with 40 saves.

http://www.goblackbears.com/news/2017/1 ... oster.aspx

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
What's the deal with Swaymam. My college hockey buds say he's a stud. Really ?

Watched him live a couple of weeks ago. The kid looked legit. It'll be interesting to see how he develops in the next three years.

BruinsNetwork

Another hell of a night for Senyshyn, added his second goal and has scored in back-to-back games. He had a slow start, about 10-games or so. The following 15-games which extends into this week, however, he’s been terrific. Uses his speed to cause turnovers and often has great coverage in the neutral and defensive zone. His speed is key, especially with his size— defenders simply can’t gauge his acceleration and he’s able to blow by them. Most defenders I’ve watched this season have struggled trying to keep him under a lock and key.

He needs to work on cutting to the middle more and attacking through center ice. These lanes and gaps he uses on the outside and perimeter simply don’t exist in the NHL as they do in the AHL. All things considered, despite the lack of goals you’d hope he’d have so far, he’s having a strong rookie season so far. He’s continuing to build confidence and be rewarded for his play by the coaching staff. Senyshyn has worked his way up from the bottom line, to consistently being in the top-six now.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Another hell of a night for Senyshyn, added his second goal and has scored in back-to-back games. He had a slow start, about 10-games or so. The following 15-games which extends into this week, however, he’s been terrific. Uses his speed to cause turnovers and often has great coverage in the neutral and defensive zone. His speed is key, especially with his size— defenders simply can’t gauge his acceleration and he’s able to blow by them. Most defenders I’ve watched this season have struggled trying to keep him under a lock and key.

He needs to work on cutting to the middle more and attacking through center ice. These lanes and gaps he uses on the outside and perimeter simply don’t exist in the NHL as they do in the AHL. All things considered, despite the lack of goals you’d hope he’d have so far, he’s having a strong rookie season so far. He’s continuing to build confidence and be rewarded for his play by the coaching staff. Senyshyn has worked his way up from the bottom line, to consistently being in the top-six now.
I've recently heard the Kreider comparison- big, fast, offensive skills.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
i believe mark divver had a scout tell him michael grabner comparable a few weeks back.
My take was Mason Raymond but another told me Kreider because of speed size and the hands and shot

I like Grabner a lot he's got serious speed

Grabner has wild stats - 146 goals and 85 assists in career

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
My take was Mason Raymond but another told me Kreider because of speed size and the hands and shot

I like Grabner a lot he's got serious speed

Grabner has wild stats - 146 goals and 85 assists in career

zach has apparently been a great student so far - he's taking all the advice from leach and staff and
implementing it into his game. he's miles ahead of where he was last year when i saw him at the
end of the season in providence. a full year in the AHL will be great for him.

Reactions: DKH

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
zach has apparently been a great student so far - he's taking all the advice from leach and staff and
implementing it into his game. he's miles ahead of where he was last year when i saw him at the
end of the season in providence. a full year in the AHL will be great for him.
Jersey Lou summed it up the best those ex-Devils that dominate the Bruins staffs are a teaching machine and those prospects have been assessed and given specific instructions with constant monitoring

It's pretty amazing the system and coaches/teachers they have assembled

All you have to do is watch Heinen and DeBrusk today from last December

Grzelcyk as well - he is the one who has impressed me

I watched him a good 3-5 times a year live at BU and in Providence and he's getting better by the day

If he was 3 inches taller he'd be a #1 defenseman I really believe that

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
All you have to do is watch Heinen and DeBrusk today from last December

i've been a heinen fan since watching him at denver, but his ascent has come a hell of a lot faster than
i expected. active stick, defensive awareness, net drive, skills, dogged pursuit of puck/good on the wall.
to me, he's the biggest surprise this season (along with khudobin being good).

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
i've been a heinen fan since watching him at denver, but his ascent has come a hell of a lot faster than
i expected. active stick, defensive awareness, net drive, skills, dogged pursuit of puck/good on the wall.

His puck protections skills have really surprised me. I wasn't too surprised with the rest. And I don't think there is a better Bruin player with one hand on his stick with the puck on his blade.

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
Cedric Pare is currently the only + player on the Sea Dogs. I don't know how much upside he has but I suppose if he gets faster he could be a 4th line defensive center in a couple years.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)

Heinen is my biggest man crush since Sobotka :scared:

I probably watched him play 15-20 games at Denver (on TV), and saw most of the things he's doing now, so I am not really surprised by it. I am suprised by how quickly he has made the jump to NHL regular. As I have said all along, he appeared (to me) to be a guy that needed time to acclimate to whatever level he's at, masters it, then moves on to the next level. I had him pegged as a Bottom 6 guy this year and hoped he could eventually become a good 3rd liner, borderline Top 6.

According to the player himself, his playoff run last year in PRO gave him a ton of confidence, and sometimes that can be the difference. He already looks like a legit Top 6 player, and I hope he continues to move up from there.

Glad Sweeney didn't include him as a "throw in" in one of the hundreds of deals I saw proposed here :laugh:

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA

Wow good to hear was a bit concerned but it was early. Keep the updates coming really appreciate it. Cassidy said Bjork maybe heading to Providence.

Reactions: BruinsNetwork
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad