Boston Bruins Bruins Prospects Discussion IV - Mod warning 565

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
When a kid goes the four year college route and then leaves as a FA, what makes you think he would have signed with his drafting team after year three?

I think it’s a moot point because Frederic is going to sign this coming spring, but every kid’s situation is different. I think generally speaking, the B’s have good relationships with their draft picks. It seems like we have this same conversation every time the B’s have an NCAA prospect and so far the only one that left was Benning.

I’m not sure I understand the angst, particularly when the prospect being discussed is only a sophomore??
People are sore cause of Vesey. Eventually, Boston will get burned on this too.

Mount Kramer Cameras

Jul 15, 2014
When a kid goes the four year college route and then leaves as a FA, what makes you think he would have signed with his drafting team after year three?

I think it’s a moot point because Frederic is going to sign this coming spring, but every kid’s situation is different. I think generally speaking, the B’s have good relationships with their draft picks. It seems like we have this same conversation every time the B’s have an NCAA prospect and so far the only one that left was Benning.

I’m not sure I understand the angst, particularly when the prospect being discussed is only a sophomore??

There's no angst :laugh:

I think I'll throw the towel in. I can't take on multiple forum heavyweights at once.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
There's no angst :laugh:

I think I'll throw the towel in. I can't take on multiple forum heavyweights at once.

It’s fine, lol. You are welcome to be “concerned” about the B’s NCAA prospects if you like. I’m not because of the B’s recent track record in that are. There are plenty of other things to be more concerned about with the team right now.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
Boston has already gotten “burned” when they lost Benning (that was an unusual circumstance). Why would people be “sore” about Vesey? The B’s didn’t even draft him.
They think it's going to happen here.

CharaBadSenyshynGawd

Jun 18, 2017
Gotta be honest, not sure where the confusion is here. A poster simply said it’s possible the Bruins lose a prospect the same way other teams have and that’s why fans want to sign players early. Simple enough....

Also someone a page back said Vatrano was “not particularly fast”.......... there’s no other way to respond other than “you’re wrong”

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Gotta be honest, not sure where the confusion is here. A poster simply said it’s possible the Bruins lose a prospect the same way other teams have and that’s why fans want to sign players early. Simple enough....

I don’t think anyone is confused about that.

Also someone a page back said Vatrano was “not particularly fast”.......... there’s no other way to respond other than “you’re wrong”

Why not quote them and tell them that?

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto

I read that too and my jaw dropped. I cant for the life of me figure out how someone can watch the game and come up with "Vatrano is a a slow skater" He is easily top 3 or 4
on the team.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
If he was "fast" or "explosive" he would score 20 goals a year not breaking a sweat with that shot. His first few strides are Jason Allison like. I still think he could be a decent up and down winger though
We agree 90% of the time and you were the guy who told me via text the day of the draft in 2015 as I was heading out to the Garden to watch it to keep an eye on DeBrusk- brilliant call. You know your stuff but Frank right now looks good.

What Vatrano was last year was tentative- coming back to soon from a foot injury is likely but he looked like he was giving to much respect to players maybe he grew up watching. The guy in Providence in 2015-16 was a combination some quickness and some speed- nice blend. He was also edgy and tossed in a few Sobotka type hits- sometimes of the questionable variety that pissed teams off. He and Acciari were quite the physical tandem down there.

I have another bud that said in his opinion that Vatrano looked slower and less involved last year after his surgery or whatever he did to his foot.

This I agree with- whatever the problem he had with his foot had an effect on the Vatrano from 2015-16 to the one last year.

He looks back to me.

Frank just needs to skate, get on folks, have a pack dog mentality, check and disrupt, play the body a bit and when he gets an opportunity shoot.

I would love to see him on the 4th line LW where he could get favorable matchups and build confidence- he is also capable of moving up as the game or his game warrants,

Vatrano-Nash-Schaller is fine with me- and when Acciari comes back slide him on to RW, and move Schaller or Vatrano up if need be,

Vatrano to me is much better this year than last year going from point A to B. He seems to be standing around and watching less and just going out and playing

Reactions: Battleford Bruin

World of Wardlow

Unscripted Violence
Jul 13, 2006
Montreal
We agree 90% of the time and you were the guy who told me via text the day of the draft in 2015 as I was heading out to the Garden to watch it to keep an eye on DeBrusk- brilliant call. You know your stuff but Frank right now looks good.

What Vatrano was last year was tentative- coming back to soon from a foot injury is likely but he looked like he was giving to much respect to players maybe he grew up watching. The guy in Providence in 2015-16 was a combination some quickness and some speed- nice blend. He was also edgy and tossed in a few Sobotka type hits- sometimes of the questionable variety that pissed teams off. He and Acciari were quite the physical tandem down there.

I have another bud that said in his opinion that Vatrano looked slower and less involved last year after his surgery or whatever he did to his foot.

This I agree with- whatever the problem he had with his foot had an effect on the Vatrano from 2015-16 to the one last year.

He looks back to me.

Frank just needs to skate, get on folks, have a pack dog mentality, check and disrupt, play the body a bit and when he gets an opportunity shoot.

I would love to see him on the 4th line LW where he could get favorable matchups and build confidence- he is also capable of moving up as the game or his game warrants,

Vatrano-Nash-Schaller is fine with me- and when Acciari comes back slide him on to RW, and move Schaller or Vatrano up if need be,

Vatrano to me is much better this year than last year going from point A to B. He seems to be standing around and watching less and just going out and playing

Vatrano has been horrendous this year. He uses his speed once every 4-5 games. Sure he's going in to the corners, but his overall game has declined. Quite a confidence issue since he went, what, 25+ games without scoring a goal. That means he's got 2 goals in his last 30+ games.

Mick Riddleton

Boomer : This, gentlemen, is no time to think.
Apr 24, 2017
Vatrano is not great but does he not have 2 goals in his last 2 or 3 games

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Vatrano is not great but does he not have 2 goals in his last 2 or 3 games

He does and honestly felt he was good last game. He was physical, tenacious, and scored a goal because of good positioning, and some puck luck.

Play like that and I have no issue him getting a look. Now let’s get Debrusk in the lineup and sub out Beleskey for good.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
Jack Studnicka having a tough time in Oshawa. No goals in 12 straight games and 1 assist in 6 games.

Teammate Kyle Keyser having a tougher time - out with his second "upper body injury" in less than a month, this time falling on his head.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Vatrano has been horrendous this year. He uses his speed once every 4-5 games. Sure he's going in to the corners, but his overall game has declined. Quite a confidence issue since he went, what, 25+ games without scoring a goal. That means he's got 2 goals in his last 30+ games.
I don't think he's been horrendous at all.

Mick Riddleton

Boomer : This, gentlemen, is no time to think.
Apr 24, 2017
I don't think he's been horrendous at all.
I would take him over Acciari and beleskey, at least you know he can score the other two may not know where the net is. Vatrano has come a long way, being able to score is something you cannot teach. Positioning and defensive awareness can be taught he has the wheels, now its up to him.

Reactions: Dr Hook
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad