Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects Discussion III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
So now you have:

Bjork (20)
DeBrusk (20)
Senyshyn (20)
Garielle (19)
Koppanen (19)
JFK (20)
Heinen (21)
Cehlarik (21)
Fitzgerald (22)

Seems like a lot of players hitting the same stage at the same age. Some more heralded than others. I smell trade.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
So now you have:

Bjork (20)
DeBrusk (20)
Senyshyn (20)
Garielle (19)
Koppanen (19)
JFK (20)
Heinen (21)
Cehlarik (21)
Fitzgerald (22)

Seems like a lot of players hitting the same stage at the same age. Some more heralded than others. I smell trade.

Yep, not sure when that would happen but there`s a potential for a log jam of prospects which isn`t a bad thing when it comes to making a deal

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
So now you have:

Bjork (20)
DeBrusk (20)
Senyshyn (20)
Garielle (19)
Koppanen (19)
JFK (20)
Heinen (21)
Cehlarik (21)
Fitzgerald (22)

Donato, Frederic on the way too in the next couple of years.

WreckItRask

Mar 5, 2007
Minnesota
Chabot looked awful tonight. He is not better defensively than Zboril. Ottawa fans can rant n rave all they want that they got a better defenseman but not in the defensive zone.

Consider me unimpressed with both of them to be honest. I'm not bagging on Chabot so that I can prop up Zboril in any way...I think both guys are a ways away from playing meaningful NHL minutes. Chabot is a fantastic skater and is thus always involved in the play offensively, but I'm just not sure if his success against kids (both in junior and WJC) is easily translatable to the pro level without some major reigning in. He's a dumpster fire defensively, and not just in his own end. I would be worried most about the holes in his game that might never be fixed (terrible gap control and defensive angling, questionable reads on stepping up, etc.). I just wonder if he can be successful playing for an NHL team that actually plays within a system, and at the moment, no team depends more on a system than Ottawa. I might be way off, and perhaps he's just been asked to do so much in St. John that that's not really what his game will look like at the next level. But even on the rush, he just looked lost when guys would switch lanes or do a Gretzky turn to create space...I don't know if that gets fixed.

As for Zboril...I have no clue. He's less boom or bust than Chabot, but his ceiling is WAY below Chabot's. I don't think there's any doubt about that. As a Bruins fan, I think they'd be lucky if he ends up as a steady 2nd pairing guy, but I wouldn't be shocked if he tops out as a high end 5/6. His defensive instincts are certainly better than Chabot. Maybe I'm wrong. It's hard to project for sure.

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
walk right onto the roster, right?

Would not expect him to, selfishly would not want him to. It's an age where far too many young players (not just in age but with the maturity level for the pro game) are rushed into line ups to fill voids (often driven by financial issues) that can often be to the detrement of the player and organization. There should and will be players ready to make the transition this season but see no urgency to push players just to make it happen before they are truly ready. None the less, thrilled that he is now in the fold and wish him success no matter when he does in fact get his opportunity.

Exciting time to be a Bruin's fan. Cannot recall a compareable era with this focus on building through the draft and the sheer number of high quality prospects amassed. Simply awesome!

Fonzerelli

Jul 15, 2015
I'll come to you
So now you have:

Bjork (20)
DeBrusk (20)
Senyshyn (20)
Garielle (19)
Koppanen (19)
JFK (20)
Heinen (21)
Cehlarik (21)
Fitzgerald (22)

It's layered pretty good actually. This year, prospects turn the following age;

Acciari (25)
Czarnik(25)
Ferlin (25)
Hargrove (25)

Kuraly (24)

Fitzgerald (23)
Cave (23)
Hickman (23)

Heinen (22)
Cehlarik (22)
Blidh (22)

DeBrusk (21)
Bjork (21)
JFK (21)
Hughes (21)
Donato (21)

Senyshyn (20)
Gabrielle (20)
Becker (20)

Frederic (19)
Koopannen (19)
Steen (19)

BadBruins

Aug 10, 2005
PEI
It's layered pretty good actually. This year, prospects turn the following age;

Acciari (25)
Czarnik(25)
Ferlin (25)
Hargrove (25)

Kuraly (24)

Fitzgerald (23)
Cave (23)
Hickman (23)

Heinen (22)
Cehlarik (22)
Blidh (22)

DeBrusk (21)
Bjork (21)
JFK (21)
Hughes (21)
Donato (21)

Senyshyn (20)
Gabrielle (20)
Becker (20)

Frederic (19)
Koopannen (19)
Steen (19)

No question it's layered. It's not a bad thing. There's just a lot of legit talent in the organization in the 19-22 range. They're not all going to play for the Boston Bruins. (Pastrnak, Carlo, McAvoy already with secure spots). Even finding appropriate ice time in Providence looks like it might be difficult. Might not be a bad time to use some of that prospect currency.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
No question it's layered. It's not a bad thing. There's just a lot of legit talent in the organization in the 19-22 range. They're not all going to play for the Boston Bruins. (Pastrnak, Carlo, McAvoy already with secure spots). Even finding appropriate ice time in Providence looks like it might be difficult. Might not be a bad time to use some of that prospect currency.
Yes, this is a nice problem to have!
22 skaters on the list with 5 returning to Junior / College / etc next year.
If we hit on 25 percent to make an impact ( not 4th liners), then that gives us 6 players to contribute in the next 1-3 years, or half of our forward lineup.
It's time we start think about packaging some of these young guys with players like Spooner / Beleskey / etc and improve the team next year. My concern is that the Bergy and Krejci have a great deal of miles on them, we can only expect 2-3 years tops for them to play at the level they have been playing.
And if you add the Big 3, Lauzon/Zboril and Grez, the dee is looking pretty good too.

JoeIsAStud

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
With Arnesson, I believe the Bruins will still own his NHL rights for a few more years (if they choose to) should he suddenly develop and find his game. I don't expect it to happen, but it could

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
At the Cross
youtu.be
Bruins prospects at forward look really good at the providence level. Their two best forwards are still in college too. Frederic and especially Donato will be the cream of the crop.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
These lists always vary so much depending on whether people are talking upside, how close they are to the NHL, or a combination (I assume this should be the criteria). Are we still considering McAvoy a prospect?

For me, my criteria for a prospect is simple. Are they no longer considered a rookie by NHL standards? If not, then prospect.

Last edited:

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
What do you think of Koppanen?

I think we'll know more once training camp comes along and he gets time in Providence. Other then his measurables ( 6'4, left winger ) I know the Bruins felt he was good enough to bring him overseas and be signed a year after being drafted.

GloryDaze4877

Barely Irrelevant
Jun 27, 2006
The Sticks (West MA)
For me, my criteria for a prospect is simple. Are they no longer considered a rookie by NHL standards? If not, then prospect.

So, McAvoy still a prospect? Alrighty then...

1) McAvoy
2) Frederic
3) Heinen
3a) JFK
4) Bjork
4a) Senyshyn
5) DeBrusk
6) Lauzon
7) Donato
8) Zboril
9) MacIntyre
10) O'Gara

HM) Cehlarik, Lindgren, Gabrielle

That's off the top of my head, I may be missing someone (was, had to add Senyshyn lol). I like Lindgren quite a bit, but I think he's the furthest away on the list.

Last edited:

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
So, McAvoy still a prospect? Alrighty then...

1) McAvoy
2) Frederic
3) Heinen
4) Bjork
4a) Senyshyn
5) DeBrusk
6) Lauzon
7) Donato
8) Zboril
9) MacIntyre
10) O'Gara

HM) Cehlarik, Lindgren, Gabrielle

That's off the top of my head, I may be missing someone (was, had to add Senyshyn lol). I like Lindgren quite a bit, but I think he's the furthest away on the list.

Looks about right to me. I think Donato, DeBrusk, Frederic and Cehlarik improved their stock the most.

I love Lindgren too and envision a future Lindgren - McAvoy pairing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad