Prospect Info: Bruins Prospects Discussion III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
Watched the 3rd game of the Q final tonight. SJ wins it 2-0, the 2nd goal being an empty net. First time I could see it on HD tv and not on a stream. Chabot is amazing, he played 35-40 minutes tonight no doubt, he's playing in every situation, with everyone and on both side (left-right).

That bring me to a point, I think I can understand better how Zboril might have been frustrated last year and how Green ask to be traded this year. Coach is giving so many minutes to Chabot, every other guy is playing only a somewhat limited role, even Bourque and Zboril who are repectively "probably" in the top 5 and top 10 of defensemen in the Q imho. Don't get me wrong, Chabot is WAY better than them at that level and nobody would trade 1 Chabot to get 2 Zboril or 2 Bourque on his team, but I suspected it's kinda a little bit harder for the kids to get their head to the game. Zboril dosen't have any major role, he is not playing on any of the go to special team, he is not use for decisive situation if they need a goal or if the want to protect a goal (I suspect it was the same for Green).

I would love to see him have more opportunities at crunsh time. Can someone tell me if he had more of those opportunities before SJ got Bourque at the deadline?

Great that you could find a broadcast of the game. The are very rare once the playoffs begin.

The complete reliance on Chabot to carry the mail as it were plays into the mixing and matching of D throughout the game. Zboril was relied upon to play a more prominent role when Chabot was not with the team and posted some good offencive numbers. Glorydaze touched on some of his numbers in an earlier post here. Recall it being a topic of discussion in another thread earlier in the season. Chabot has the most prominant role of any player on his team as you point out.

It does raise a discussion point of how involved (or not) teams are in influencing how their prospects are developed in junior. Most junior coaches are focused on winning as objective one and not player development. It you don't win you are out of a job. That lends itself to playing the crap out of certain players, ie Chabot, perhaps to the determinant of that player and to other prospects. Saw that situation play out with players like Drouin and Elhers during their time in Halifax. It leads to very bad habits being created (excessively long shifts, PP and PK assignments just because, poor back checking, penalties born of exhaustion and frustration of being targets for physical play from opponents and overall poor defensive play in general) that pro coaches then are forced to put the screws to them and work extra hard to get the bad habits out of their game. Zboril is fortunate that he is in a more fitting role that lessens those bad habits that follow top picks to they next level. It's not that he won't have any, it's more a case that they are fewer in number. Would venture a guess that Chabot will struggle in the first years of pro more than Zboril as they try to adjust to the demands of coaches at the pro level. Imagine if Chabot and Zboril were both playing for coaches like Julien or Tortarella who insist on responsible defensive play. Would be far different experiences for both players.

SJ has BB in a deep deep hole. They held SJ in check it would appear in this game with low shot totals and on the scoreboard as they relied on their strong defensive style of play to win. In the end it still wasn't enough to pull out a win in the must have game #3. Barring an unthinkable collapse we will see SJ at the memorial cup in a few short days.

Last edited:

TSBruins13

Mar 24, 2011
Boston, MA
Hoping someone with more insight into our prospects can shed some light on Jordan Szwarz. What is his story? I see he lead the team in points this past season and didn't play a full year, but don't hear much about him. Any reason why?

Montecristo

Jul 29, 2012
Hoping someone with more insight into our prospects can shed some light on Jordan Szwarz. What is his story? I see he lead the team in points this past season and didn't play a full year, but don't hear much about him. Any reason why?

Because he's not a prospect he's an ahl player on an ahl contract. He used to kill the providence Bruins the last few years so they finally had enough and signed him to an ahl contract. He's not an NHL player but he plays an important role for the organization as a player who can help get his teams to the playoffs and give the real prospects high intensity game experience at the pro level. I was huge on his signing for this reason

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
Because he's not a prospect he's an ahl player on an ahl contract. He used to kill the providence Bruins the last few years so they finally had enough and signed him to an ahl contract. He's not an NHL player but he plays an important role for the organization as a player who can help get his teams to the playoffs and give the real prospects high intensity game experience at the pro level. I was huge on his signing for this reason

I wouldn't overlook him, if I were the Bruins. He didn't look like the typical AHL lifer when I saw him play live against WBS earlier this year. He looked fast, strong and smart.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI

I think he's one of those guys that expansion will help.

He's willing to get dirty and grind it out and that's what gets him his points. He's 4th line at best though on a weak NHL team, but his heart can't be questioned.

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
Sportsnet 360 will carry game #4 of the Zboril's Seadogs and the BB Armada tonight. The Dogs hold a 3-0 series lead and look to close out the Q final and move on to the Memorial cup. Game time is 7:30 EDT.

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
Seadogs are the QMJHL champions and punch their ticket to the Memorail Cup! A deserving 5-1 road win to complete the 4 game sweep. Out scored the Armada 17-4 in the series including two shut outs. Terrific game for Zboril. Paired with Chabot for a great deal of the game. Showed both sides of his game. Created chances on offence, most noticeably in the first period, with pin point passing and solid as usual on D.

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Seadogs are the QMJHL champions and punch their ticket to the Memorail Cup! A deserving 5-1 road win to complete the 4 game sweep. Out scored the Armada 17-4 in the series including two shut outs. Terrific game for Zboril. Paired with Chabot for a great deal of the game. Showed both sides of his game. Created chances on offence, most noticeably in the first period, with pin point passing and solid as usual on D.

Thanks for filling us in as always. In the midst of a move so I haven't had a chance to watch any of it. Looking forward to seeing some Memorial Cup games!

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC

He and the whole Dogs team was just dominant last night, watched this game and switched to Caps/Pens during commercials being a massive Junior fan. I only got to see this one game in the series but that team has the looks of one who will seriously compete at the Mem Cup. Too often I found QMJHL teams rarely had issues matching up offensively but have been often overwhelmed physically at the Mem Cup, this team has a little bit of everything that has me thinking they won`t get pushed around.

duffy

Feb 12, 2006
I wouldn't overlook him, if I were the Bruins. He didn't look like the typical AHL lifer when I saw him play live against WBS earlier this year. He looked fast, strong and smart.

He looks good tonight! The PB's are all over the Bears but like the Big B's can't seem to cash in.
They are up 1-0 with 7:30 left in the 2nd. Out shooting the Bears 23-5. D looks good - very mobile.
Acciari line looks really good and De Brusk looks very good.
Casto got the goal from a nice bit of keep away by Cross and a tape to tape with Casto and a goal.

duffy

Feb 12, 2006
He looks good tonight! The PB's are all over the Bears but like the Big B's can't seem to cash in.
They are up 1-0 with 7:30 left in the 2nd. Out shooting the Bears 23-5. D looks good - very mobile.
Acciari line looks really good and De Brusk looks very good.
Casto got the goal from a nice bit of keep away by Cross and a tape to tape with Casto and a goal.

Bourques ties game early in the 3rd with 12 the shot.
Bruins on the PP get caught with too many men, just like the Big Bruins.

duffy

Feb 12, 2006
Bourques ties game early in the 3rd with 12 the shot.
Bruins on the PP get caught with too many men, just like the Big Bruins.

Brutal play by play from Bears announcer's. Bears getting called for doing nothing and Bruins getting away with murder. Sounds like Habs announcer's.

duffy

Feb 12, 2006
Bourques scores 2nd of the game on 14th shot on the PP 7 mins into OT.
Bruins had 40 shots, just couldn't beat the tender!

Sharp Shooting Neely

May 30, 2007
Nova Scotia
Was concerned with the B's getting into penalty trouble against WBS as they had been excellent on special teams play in both the regular season and the PP's. Of course they scored two shorties against them in posting a huge win. Hersey and the B's has similar stats for special teams during the season. They Bears PP has been pretty enemic in the playoffs so far in the 10-12% range. Strange how the PP ended up being the deciding factor in their favor in the win last night. Go figure.

A fairly tight low scoring series so far that has signs of being a long one. From all the stats and reports so far, would appear the B's have had the upper hand in overall play despite being down 2 games to 1 at this point. Have to take that as a positive sign that will hopefully serve them well as it progresses.

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
Very deep family ties to the school, a shot at both an NCAA title and possibly the Olympics and still can join the Bruins at the end of next season.

Tough choice for her to maks but I think he stays at ND, plays it out then joins the Bs in March/April 2018

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Very deep family ties to the school, a shot at both an NCAA title and possibly the Olympics and still can join the Bruins at the end of next season.

Tough choice for her to maks but I think he stays at ND, plays it out then joins the Bs in March/April 2018

not so sure about the Olympics, he barely saw the ice for 2 weeks in the World`s, you think he believes it`ll be different at the Olympics if he`s invited?

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
The Olympics are a wild card.....it all depends on who, if anyone currently in the NHL is available to go....,if the NHL takes a hardline then spots on the team are wide open

The ND-NCAA title -family considerations are probably enough to tilt the scale before you consider the Olympics

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
I think he returns to ND. Then to the B's in spring 2018. He seems like a pretty loyal guy in that regard. Hopefully that translates to signing with the B's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad