Bruins injury thread III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mick Riddleton

Boomer : This, gentlemen, is no time to think.
Apr 24, 2017
Maybe some good news on Bergy. full article link - Bergeron progressing from injuries for Bruins, no return date set

BOSTON -- Patrice Bergeron is progressing well from the rib and sternoclavicular injuries the Boston Bruins center sustained on Nov. 16.
"I talked to him this morning, seemed to be in good spirits. Feeling better," coach Bruce Cassidy said after practice on Wednesday. "What does that mean? I don't know. Until he gets on the ice and is skating [you don't know]. But that's encouraging."

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
this is really interesting as I've always thought "man games lost" was a poor measure as it treats every player equally. Cap hit definitely puts a different perspective on it, but I still think the best measure would be to look at average time on ice. that to me should tell you more about the impact of losing a particular player.

lxndr

Nov 11, 2017
this is really interesting as I've always thought "man games lost" was a poor measure as it treats every player equally. Cap hit definitely puts a different perspective on it, but I still think the best measure would be to look at average time on ice. that to me should tell you more about the impact of losing a particular player.

This takes ATOI into account, but it requires a subscription to see the full data. Anyway, Bruins are right about where you'd expect.

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004

This takes ATOI into account, but it requires a subscription to see the full data. Anyway, Bruins are right about where you'd expect.

yeah see that lines up more with my intuition. they aren't at the top in man games lost but with all the D out you just know they're missing a ton of minutes and that's what really matters.

00BW

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 14, 2012
Framingham, MA
Man, I genuinely thought Krejci was going out for a month there after the hit. It appears just teeth and hopefully no concussion tomorrow.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Man, I genuinely thought Krejci was going out for a month there after the hit. It appears just teeth and hopefully no concussion tomorrow.

I know, right? And then the play where Jake was down on the ice and slow getting up. It's gotten to where any guy gets caved in or goes into the boards I am expecting a "will be re-evaluated in 4 weeks."

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
I would he got clocked pretty hard, hopefully he isn't out but I wouldn't be surprised if he is.

Isnt Krejci getting his teeth collected off the ice the hockiest thing ever

:Head coach Bruce Cassidy didn't notice the lost teeth at first, but got a chuckle out of it afterward.
"I didn’t see Johnny do that. Brought it back to our bench? Or his own? He did? I love Johnny, he’s a good guy, but that’s weird," Cassidy joked."

Last edited:
Reactions: BMC

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Funny thing is he lost two teeth, yet there are people out there saying it wasn’t a high hit???? I guess we have to assume the teeth jump from fear!

Having watched it a few times, it didn't look like a high hit in the sense that Hickey got his shoulder or stick or arms up to hit Krejci up there. It was a crappy outcome, but it didn't look like a dirty hit to me in the least.

Jdavidev

Jul 5, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Having watched it a few times, it didn't look like a high hit in the sense that Hickey got his shoulder or stick or arms up to hit Krejci up there. It was a crappy outcome, but it didn't look like a dirty hit to me in the least.
It was almost identical to the Pastrnak hit on Giardi. That one didn't deserve a suspension and this one didn't either.

Reactions: Dr Hook

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
His dentist’s name is Crentist.

Gordon Lightfoot, everytime someone requests "Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald", I'm beat out by the end of the song. But I love playing it along with, "If you could read my mind", "Cotton Jenny", "Rainy day people" etc... A Canadian Legend for sure!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad