Bruins injury thread III

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
Gordon Lightfoot, everytime someone requests "Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald", I'm beat out by the end of the song. But I love playing it along with, "If you could read my mind", "Cotton Jenny", "Rainy day people" etc... A Canadian Legend for sure!!!

Yeah, he's my favorite songwriter ever. That's cool that you can play it, I assume on guitar. I can't play any instruments and I respect the hell out people with that skill!

I heard Rainy Day People in a store today and it lifted my whole mood immensely.

Reactions: nfld77

MillerTime86

Nov 30, 2018
FWIW, Trent Frederic expected to return to the Providence lineup today. Wouldn’t be surprised to see him get a look in the not too distant future if he picks up where he left off before going down.

nfld77

Aug 13, 2007
Newfoundland
Yeah, he's my favorite songwriter ever. That's cool that you can play it, I assume on guitar. I can't play any instruments and I respect the hell out people with that skill!

I heard Rainy Day People in a store today and it lifted my whole mood immensely.

Brother , if I can learn to play, anyone can.. Although I learned to play guitar at around 20, I really dont think age matters. You can begin to learn anytime and today there's so much on the internet. I had to write off songs by listening to a few words in the song, stop cassette, and go again...Then I had to guess the chords..Today everything is right in front of you..

The will to learn and the love of music will keep you going. You REALLY should learn how to play. Once you begin improving and that 1st time changing from one chord to the next, man one of the best feelings I have ever had.. If you decide to give it a go, I would only be happy to help you in any way I can. You'll need to know the best sites to find chords and words to sings, where to find songs etc.., that's where I could help..

Give it a try, you'll be happy you did!!

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Charlie McAvoy in good spirits while recovering from concussion - The Boston Globe

Told that Charlie McAvoy had a chat with reporters Saturday, Bruins coach Bruce Cassidy perked up.

“How did it go?” he asked, with a note of intrigue.

It was a playful moment in a news conference, but if any new information was forthcoming about his young star’s condition, the coach was all ears.

McAvoy wishes he could share more. The 20-year-old defenseman, considered among the NHL’s brightest young talents, is not certain when he will again play. Last seen in uniform Oct. 18, he has been recovering from his first known concussion.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Charlie McAvoy in good spirits while recovering from concussion - The Boston Globe

Told that Charlie McAvoy had a chat with reporters Saturday, Bruins coach Bruce Cassidy perked up.

“How did it go?” he asked, with a note of intrigue.

It was a playful moment in a news conference, but if any new information was forthcoming about his young star’s condition, the coach was all ears.

McAvoy wishes he could share more. The 20-year-old defenseman, considered among the NHL’s brightest young talents, is not certain when he will again play. Last seen in uniform Oct. 18, he has been recovering from his first known concussion.

I do not like this at all. Not that he shouldn't take however much time it takes to completely recover, he should take whatever time he needs. It is the length of time he's already had to take and yet still isn't back that concerns me. I think he & the Bruins need to keep a very close watch from here on out.

Reactions: 4ORRBRUIN

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
I do not like this at all. Not that he shouldn't take however much time it takes to completely recover, he should take whatever time he needs. It is the length of time he's already had to take and yet still isn't back that concerns me. I think he & the Bruins need to keep a very close watch from here on out.

He has been out now near 2 full months.The video today on bleacher report shows him skating with puck doing drills and you get a close look at his face and see his footwork etc too.He looked good and alert .

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
Charlie's situation is concerning but we need to stay patient and optimistic.

What's the situation with Urho?

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
Charlie's situation is concerning but we need to stay patient and optimistic.

What's the situation with Urho?

Feel like he's become this years Bjork. Played the first few games (less than Bjork did actually) and has been injured since. Sort of the forgotten man.

Hope he can make it back soon and keep developing

Dueling Banjos

Oct 29, 2014
Feel like he's become this years Bjork. Played the first few games (less than Bjork did actually) and has been injured since. Sort of the forgotten man.

Hope he can make it back soon and keep developing

Yeah i remember that early man's elbow to the Urho's head, i meant if there's anything out about his recovery process? He's been out with a concussion as well, for a while now.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA
Yeah i remember that early man's elbow to the Urho's head, i meant if there's anything out about his recovery process? He's been out with a concussion as well, for a while now.

This was similar to me to the Adam Mair elbow on Krecji that knocked him out on the ice when he was playing in his first NHL game. Much like Mair then, there was no reason for Borowiecki to pull such a cheap shot on a kid like that. Makes no sense at all.

mikelvl

Aug 6, 2009
Newton, MA

There's just no telling from player to player with concussions. Years ago, he'd probably be playing already, but they have so much knowledge now, they know how risky that would be.

KlausJopling

Feb 17, 2003
CT
Visit site
I'm interested what there plans are for Urho, i know he isn't on the prelim Finland roster for the World Juniors. But I wonder if the Bruins would let him go if he can get healthy in the next couple weeks.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Bruins’ Charlie McAvoy takes another step towards return

“He’s going to have to get used to bodies around him and banging,” said Bruins head coach Bruce Cassidy. “We try to simulate some of that in practice. Some of it is five on five drills, we’ll have at it and the more comfortable he’s at, the closer he’ll be. It’s good news, it’s probably the last step.”
McAvoy played in just seven games before taking a hit in Edmonton that left him concussed. Since then, the Bruins have dealt with a slew of injuries on the blueline, but McAvoy’s style of play specifically has been missed.
“He can be a one-man breakout, he’s effective getting it to net and to the middle of the ice,” said Cassidy. “Gives us a few cleaner entries and rushes. In the neutral zone, he’s pretty good at that seam when it’s there, getting the forwards going. I think that’s the part of his game we miss the most. I think the shutdown part is good as well, we put some guys in the lineup that have handled it okay, but it’s the breakouts and first-pass execution that is his bread and butter.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad