Bruins - Fastest 30 Wins Out of the Gate.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

burstnbloom

Mar 10, 2006
The fact that people think there are better goalies having a better season than Ullmark because of some 5th rate advanced stat are absolute nerds.

This team is legit. They’ve always been legit, too.

Who is then? Show your cards. It’s easy to say 1/16 teams won’t win.

Who wins it?
he leads the league in gsaa (nst xg model) and gsae (mp xg model). there is no advanced stat that shows someone is playing better. Only Hellebuyck is particularly close. Last year, Igor had the best season by GSAE since Price won his Hart trophy. He saved .666 GSAE/60 minutes. This year, Ullmark is saving .882 GSAE/60. He's having one of the best goaltending years in recent memory. If he was able to hold this performance through the end of the year (this is unlikely) it would have a chance to pass Tim Thomas's 2010-11 Vezina season record for most GSAE since they have tracking data for this stat (2007). If anyone is saying an advanced stat is telling them Ullmark is not the best goalie, they are wrong. If this is just arguing with a straw man, thats a different issue.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
playoffs are different.
...and every Bs fan I know agrees that playoffs are different.

Most of us are just enjoying the ride and most of us NEVER saw this season coming.

I know I thought the Bs would really struggle at the start with Brad, Charlie and Grizz out. They are really playing as a team and the chemistry is excellent. It is really fun to watch.

So, you can whine that the Bs have no chance at the cup...they are too old...or whatever. I will just be enjoying the games and wins.

In the meantime, all of the non-Bs fans can keep putting up stupid threads saying the Bs won't win the cup. Have fun :laugh:

JurassicTunga

Mar 21, 2010
...and every Bs fan I know agrees that playoffs are different.

Most of us are just enjoying the ride and most of us NEVER saw this season coming.

I know I thought the Bs would really struggle at the start with Brad, Charlie and Grizz out. They are really playing as a team and the chemistry is excellent. It is really fun to watch.

So, you can whine that the Bs have no chance at the cup...they are too old...or whatever. I will just be enjoying the games and wins.

In the meantime, all of the non-Bs fans can keep putting up stupid threads saying the Bs won't win the cup. Have fun :laugh:

This Flames fan is rooting for the B's. Always in our good books after defeating the Nucks in 2011.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
This Flames fan is rooting for the B's. Always in our good books after defeating the Nucks in 2011.
Lots of fans from other teams were cheering on the Bs in 2011. I am not sure if it was because the Bs hadn't won the cup in 39 years or the dislike for that Nucks team was strong.

I still love Looch so I cheer on the Flames.

Thanks for the post!

BlackFrancis

Athletic Supporter Patch Partner
Dec 14, 2013
No. Which Canadian fanbases do you think are heavily invested in the Bruins in 2023?
I remember when a dude got electrocuted after a mob tore down the goal posts and dragged them out of the stadium after the Patriots clinched a spot in the playoffs.

Dangerous stuff.

• Haha
Reactions: jgatie

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Boston is the real deal. I’m happy for Lindholm but it was a painful reminder last night for the Ducks not keeping him. Lol

Also, hope DeBrusk is ok , like him as a player and he was breaking out this season.

The90

Feb 27, 2017
My experience with Bruins fans on this site has been very limited in recent years, but I'd say that they kind of keep to themselves associating mostly with each other. I don't at all think they're a small contingent, but many of them seem somewhat superstitious with respect to hyping up the team's success on the main board. Personally, I'm not superstitious at all, but I know that a great Regular Season is absolutely no guarantee for the Playoffs. Hell, you only have to look as far back as the 2018-19 Tampa Bay Regular Season and Playoffs.
I like reading the Boston board. Probably the most mature and objective actual hockey discussions on this site.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I like reading the Boston board. Probably the most mature and objective actual hockey discussions on this site.

A few years back, some mods did a casual analysis of posters on the Bruins board vs. main board. If I recall correctly, the average age of the posters on the main board is around 18. The average age of posters on the Bruins board is mid-40s.

LeafsandSharksfan

Cero Miedo
Jan 19, 2010
It's amazing how Bruin haters keep harping on the age of the team. Sure we have some older players but they play like they are 25 still.
bad-attitude-keeps-me-young-zodia-russian-doll.gif

:sarcasm:

• Love
Reactions: Blowfish

The90

Feb 27, 2017
A few years back, some mods did a casual analysis of posters on the Bruins board vs. main board. If I recall correctly, the average age of the posters on the main board is around 18. The average age of posters on the Bruins board is mid-40s.
I’ve read that being referenced multiple times on your board. It’s also evident that the tone there isn’t the sky is falling trade everyone after a loss or rough stretch.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I’ve read that being referenced multiple times on your board. It’s also evident that the tone there isn’t the sky is falling trade everyone after a loss or rough stretch.

Hmmmm, not really. But we have our fair share of posters who only show up after a loss and do nothing but live to complain. Can't really tell this year (small sample size), but in the past our post-game threads after a loss have a lot more activity than the ones after a win.

Reactions: Ladyfan

DrMartinVanNostrand

Kramerica Industries
Oct 6, 2017
Tampa, FL

I remember when I used to go on these forums when I was a teenager 11-15 years ago, and I was afraid to ever mention how old I was because I wanted to be taken seriously and not have anyone think they were talking to some know-nothing teen. Passage of time and all that stuff...it terrifies me to think now about those times when I think about how forums are saturated with teenagers and I'm long past being one of them.

The90

Feb 27, 2017
Hmmmm, not really. But we have our fair share of posters who only show up after a loss and do nothing but live to complain. Can't really tell this year (small sample size), but in the past our post-game threads after a loss have a lot more activity than the ones after a win.
I just mean in comparison to other fan bases. Of course the doomsday folk are there, I get that. Just mean that it’s generally more subdued.

Reactions: jgatie

Torontonian

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Really thought they’d be 3rd in the Atlantic this year with the injuries to start the season, then they go on this heater.

Any glaring weakness that they need to address at the deadline?

Serpico

Aug 16, 2020
NYC
Really thought they’d be 3rd in the Atlantic this year with the injuries to start the season, then they go on this heater.

Any glaring weakness that they need to address at the deadline?
Beef up the size on D but it's kinda just like adding extra to an already fast race car.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad