Bruins - Fastest 30 Wins Out of the Gate.

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
Can't cheer for the franchise as a Habs fan but I have to say , top to bottom they are the best team in hockey right now , and the last 13 years has been a pretty incredible run.

It almost seems weird or wrong that they only won 1 cup, because even after the Kings and Hawks faded , they kept it going with a large portion of the same core. I really thought they were going to win in 19' , honestly I stupidly have the blues basically no shot. The 13 finals were hard fought vs the closest thing to a dynasty the sport has seen in some time, but they were right there with the Hawks until the last min of game 6.

Maybe this is the year they get Bergeron, Marchand and krejci another cup

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I'd say because the Bruins fan contingent on HFBoards is relatively small and dare I say it, they're kinda meek. Nothing like the strength that the Leafs fanbase can bring.
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

I go here (Atlantic Division) and I see Boston has 11.9k active threads and the Leafs have 17.8k threads and it just disappoints me.

I mean the Leafs have nearly 50% more than the Bruins.
Strength in numbers really.
But the Bs are a better team!

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Good for you Boston fans, must be nice. A feeling I will never know.
Of course you will see the Leafs win. They are close IMO

I want the Bs to win but it is way to early so this is a jinx thread...

Any logical Bruins fan realizes the playoffs will be a different animal . I’m just enjoying the ride .
^This!

Last edited:

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
brad-marchand-boston-bruins.gif

There were really people on here that thought the Bruins were just going to rollover and die? You kumquats.

Not this team. Not while Bergeron and Marchy have a pulse. People on this board sometimes make fun of the notion of "culture" within an organization. That it's some antique hockey joke. I don't think so, it matters man. If you don't have the right people in the right positions you wind up with low expectations. And if you are a franchise with low expectations well that's kind of what you achieve. See : basically every Canadian team
Well said.

injuries could happen.
They did. Kept winning right through them.

BostonBruins11

Dec 4, 2010
Moncton, N.B.
The most interesting part in all this is how silent the main board has been during this incredible run.

The amount of Bruins hate/bitterness is so blatantly obvious at this point. So many leaf/habs/&co fans are relishing the bruins demise and believed this narrative being pushed by the Canadian sports media. The Canadian sports media looooves painting the bruins as public enemy #1 with their cherry picked highlights/clips.

The Bruins have replaced 3/4's of their "old core" but this narrative keeps being pushed while in fact 3/4 of the Bruins "core" is under 30. Most posters have avoided talking about this incredible run to save face.

leafsfan5

Jun 14, 2014
What - no prediction about how many games it would take Boston to beat Toronto ( if they get past TB ) ???? :laugh:
If I was betting my house I would go Boston in 7 (a tradition as old as time)

But I'm not betting my house so I'd say Leafs in 6 babyyy, if they make it to round 2 it would be a huge boost in confidence

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
The most interesting part in all this is how silent the main board has been during this incredible run.

The amount of Bruins hate/bitterness is so blatantly obvious at this point. So many leaf/habs/&co fans are relishing the bruins demise and believed this narrative being pushed by the Canadian sports media. The Canadian sports media looooves painting the bruins as public enemy #1 with their cherry picked highlights/clips.

The Bruins have replaced 3/4's of their "old core" but this narrative keeps being pushed while in fact 3/4 of the Bruins "core" is under 30. Most posters have avoided talking about this incredible run to save face.
This is true.
But not this guy.
I know a great team when I see one.
Incredible for a team to have the depth they have in today's league. (Like last springs play off Aves)
Bruins at the half way mark this season-
Coach of the year
GM of the year.
Vezina favorite.
Presidents trophy favorites.
Cup favorites.
Norris candidate.
Rocket candidate.
Selke candidate.

The league wide talking heads barely taking notice of this team is pure envy.
Last season they were gushing over the Panthers first place drive and offense.

Like'em or not. Gotta respect the Bruins.

Last edited:

MoreOrr

B4
Jun 20, 2006
Mexico
I'd say because the Bruins fan contingent on HFBoards is relatively small and dare I say it, they're kinda meek. Nothing like the strength that the Leafs fanbase can bring.
My experience with Bruins fans on this site has been very limited in recent years, but I'd say that they kind of keep to themselves associating mostly with each other. I don't at all think they're a small contingent, but many of them seem somewhat superstitious with respect to hyping up the team's success on the main board. Personally, I'm not superstitious at all, but I know that a great Regular Season is absolutely no guarantee for the Playoffs. Hell, you only have to look as far back as the 2018-19 Tampa Bay Regular Season and Playoffs.

Devonator

Jan 5, 2003
I know I am in a minority here but I still think there age catches up with them by the Playoffs....this squad, in particular their forwards, are a very very old team.....however, I will gladly admit I am wrong if they continue this torrid pace right through to June but I am betting those old legs will start to wilt once we get into April.......

Bradely

Sep 17, 2021
I know I am in a minority here but I still think there age catches up with them by the Playoffs....this squad, in particular their forwards, are a very very old team.....however, I will gladly admit I am wrong if they continue this torrid pace right through to June but I am betting those old legs will start to wilt once we get into April.......
Don't think so but I Respect your opinion.

Bergeron manage his presence and plays less), DK the same. They both take care of themselves and Boston has alot of depth. JDB is out and they still win. DK was out they won, Marchand and MaCavoy out, they won. They might slow down and others increase... and PO is a different animal, but age will not be a factor this year imo. Monty coaches very well and winning like they are right now, they will have chances to give breaks.

But hey, what a trip Boston is doing. Can say different than WOW

BostonBruins11

Dec 4, 2010
Moncton, N.B.
Good thing the entire D Corp, Both goalies and 50% of the top 6 are under 30.

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
Actually, the fans of every Canadian team except maybe one (guess which?) could not care less about the Bruins.

But I guess it's understandable why Leafs' fans are obsessed with them.

jcs0218

Apr 20, 2018
Boston has played like a machine so far this season.

But Tampa Bay also looked like a machine in 2019, and then they got swept in the 1st-round against Columbus.

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Actually, the fans of every Canadian team except maybe one (guess which?) could not care less about the Bruins.

But I guess it's understandable why Leafs' fans are obsessed with them.
?
uhm... ? 'except maybe one'? either your google machine is broken or you started watching hockey last week because you might be missing the mark with that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad