Bruins - Fastest 30 Wins Out of the Gate.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
11.9k is 66% of 17.8k

Anyways, you said they were a small fanbase on this site which is just not true.

Yes, this is how numbers work.

30 is 50% more than 20.

20 is 66% of 30.

The percentage will be larger or smaller depending on which way the comparison is going.

Reactions: PeanutButter37

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
I'm sure I'll hate them again soon but right now it's hard not to be impressed.
Ask nicely and we'll try to make room for you. ;)

bandwagon.jpg

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Yes, this is how numbers work.

30 is 50% more than 20.

20 is 66% of 30.

The percentage will be larger or smaller depending on which way the comparison is going.

Indeed. Still stupid to say the Bruins have a small fan base on this website lol.

Reactions: Ladyfan

PaulD

Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I'd say because the Bruins fan contingent on HFBoards is relatively small and dare I say it, they're kinda meek. Nothing like the strength that the Leafs fanbase can bring.
And they are easily recognized
They’re not winning the cup dude
You gotta pick or you just know who isn't winning?
Who's gonna beat this Bruins team in a series?

Maybe Im wrong but havent the Bruins been a tough challenge for Carolina?
Bruins swept them in 2019. Canes beat them in seven last season.

ICanMotteBelieveIt

Jan 11, 2013
I love Bergeron and Pastrnak but I hope this is as big of a jinx thread as: "Rangers are a perfectly built team".

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Mods, please delete this jinx thread.

If only it were that easy.

I am tired of the Bruins being so good. It's annoying.

They own my team, they are beasting, they will probably shred what little faith in my team I still have come playoff time.

When will the Bruins suck?

It sounds like I'm complimenting and or scared of the Bruins, but it's not that, it's more that it makes no sense that they are always good and to be feared.

Good for you Boston fans, must be nice. A feeling I will never know.

What - no prediction about how many games it would take Boston to beat Toronto ( if they get past TB ) ???? :laugh:

Well, by HF logic, Toronto will get bounced in the first round.

Thus it should be that Toronto will get bounced in a game 7, probably OT.

No?

I think that's fair and par for the course right?

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
I love Bergeron and Pastrnak but I hope this is as big of a jinx thread as: "Rangers are a perfectly built team".
Keep in mind that this thread was started by a Montreal fan so of course he wants it to be a " jinx thread ".

I am tired of the Bruins being so good. It's annoying.

They own my team, they are beasting, they will probably shred what little faith in my team I still have come playoff time.

When will the Bruins suck?

It sounds like I'm complimenting and or scared of the Bruins, but it's not that, it's more that it makes no sense that they are always good and to be feared.

Good for you Boston fans, must be nice. A feeling I will never know.
You could be part of the fun - just read post #27. :nod:

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Keep in mind that this thread was started by a Montreal fan so of course he wants it to be a " jinx thread ".

You could be part of the fun - just read post #27. :nod:

I'm not gonna go look for post #27, feel free to link me to it. I'm low effort right now.

Hey, I ######### hate the Bruins but love Boston the city.

I could never cheer on the Bruins because they have caused me so much pain as a Leafs fan.

But I know a way to fix that and really twist my brain.......

Bruins somehow acquire Kadri and Kessel at the TDL.

Dumber shit has been posted on here. A man can contemplate.

Honestly the Bruins are doing too well, it's not normal the way they're going.

Better get a cup out of it.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
Quietly having a generational start

Go to the standings and click on the overall league, and have a look at that, look at goal differential and other stuff, be amazed that it's not a "start" but just shy of the halfway point.

They haven't even lost in regulation at home from what I'm looking at.

It's stupid!! Surely unsustainable!

Well, let's see how it goes for them?

You must be pretty tired if you can scroll up about half a page. :laugh: If your team plays with that much energy it's going to be another short Playoff run. :nod:

Uh huh. How's Vancouver there BostonBob?

You ever go check out that busker guy outside your Union Station? I'd be hanging out there all day!

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I'm not gonna go look for post #27, feel free to link me to it. I'm low effort right now.

Hey, I ######### hate the Bruins but love Boston the city.

I could never cheer on the Bruins because they have caused me so much pain as a Leafs fan.

But I know a way to fix that and really twist my brain.......

Bruins somehow acquire Kadri and Kessel at the TDL.

Dumber shit has been posted on here. A man can contemplate.

Honestly the Bruins are doing too well, it's not normal the way they're going.

Better get a cup out of it.
Any logical Bruins fan realizes the playoffs will be a different animal . I’m just enjoying the ride .

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
I go here (Atlantic Division) and I see Boston has 11.9k active threads and the Leafs have 17.8k threads and it just disappoints me.

I mean the Leafs have nearly 50% more than the Bruins.
Strength in numbers really.

While conceding that Toronto you probably (certainly) has the largest base on this site; active threads may be the worst possible metric.

Unique users, post count, even word count would all be better.

SmoggyTwinkles

Go Leafs Go
Aug 5, 2010
Oshawa
www.bing.com
While conceding that Toronto you probably (certainly) has the largest base on this site; active threads may be the worst possible metric.

Unique users, post count, even word count would all be better.

Well, especially when it feels like 50% of the posts on this forum are shitting on the Leafs.

Do those count as Leafs fans posting? Ok, not about the Leafs....We're talking about the Bruins insane regular season so far.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
Who would have predicted that they’re this good after losing Chara and Rask after so many big years from them
Any Bruin fan that says they thought the team would be this good is lying. I did predict them to win the Atlantic Division though:

( page 1 - post #6 ) Predict the Atlantic Standings

Go to the standings and click on the overall league, and have a look at that, look at goal differential and other stuff, be amazed that it's not a "start" but just shy of the halfway point.

They haven't even lost in regulation at home from what I'm looking at.

It's stupid!! Surely unsustainable!

Well, let's see how it goes for them?
At this point anything short of a Stanley Cup win will be devastatingly disappointing.

Uh huh. How's Vancouver there BostonBob?

You ever go check out that busker guy outside your Union Station? I'd be hanging out there all day!
Wet as usual. I'm from the East Coast ( grew up just outside Montreal and went to College in Belleville ) so I do not miss those long cold winter days at all. Although at least the sun makes a regular appearance there during the winter - here it's dark and dreary for about 4 months every year. If it's not raining it feels like it's going to rain or it looks like it just rained. :( As for that busker - I'm not sure what Skytrain station you are talking about as we don't have one named Union Station. There is a Union Street that's kind of close to the Main Street-Science World Skytrain station so maybe that's what you are referring to. :dunno:

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Alexandria, KY
Bruins in 2022 -23 hit the quickest 30 wins out of the gate since 1930.
Cup coming out if East this season.
Canes will be Bruins toughest opponent.
But Im on record picking Bergeron and the boys in Boston to hoist the Cup in June 2023. They lack nothing!
Why

Bounces R Way

Nov 18, 2013
Weegartown
brad-marchand-boston-bruins.gif

There were really people on here that thought the Bruins were just going to rollover and die? You kumquats.

Not this team. Not while Bergeron and Marchy have a pulse. People on this board sometimes make fun of the notion of "culture" within an organization. That it's some antique hockey joke. I don't think so, it matters man. If you don't have the right people in the right positions you wind up with low expectations. And if you are a franchise with low expectations well that's kind of what you achieve. See : basically every Canadian team

Reactions: HofT

b in vancouver

Jul 28, 2005
Bruins are pretty good. Casual fans of other teams that appreciate good hockey should watch a game or two of them... third periods especially. They're putting on a clinic of how to win.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
The fact that people think there are better goalies having a better season than Ullmark because of some 5th rate advanced stat are absolute nerds.

This team is legit. They’ve always been legit, too.

They’re not winning the cup dude
Who is then? Show your cards. It’s easy to say 1/16 teams won’t win.

Who wins it?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad