Injury Report: Bruins 2022 Injured List

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
I swear that's an annual thing for Lauko - go into the boards weird with the collision looking like pure body horror.

Then he takes a game off and is back like nothing happened. There was one in Providence a couple years ago that we all swore was the world's easiest ACL diagnosis, even with grainy ass PBruins broadcast. Not even sure he took a precautionary game off.

Gumby ligaments.
always a worry with him, didn't he blow up his knee pretty bad at the WJC a few years ago?

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
I'm just hoping that Bergeron's illness has nothing to do with any lingering effects from the head-hit he took from Pitlick.
Me neither….but he did look a little off the last few games before that….and he did play Saturday. Back to back is a good time to rest and I think you will see him with a few more days off which makes sense. I’ll bet he didn’t even want to miss Sunday’s game since he is such a warrior!

Reactions: HumBucker

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Today’s Globe:

Well-rested?​

Coming out of Carolina, Bruins coach Jim Montgomery was hopeful that two days of rest would allow Patrice Bergeron, Brad Marchand, and Lindholm to return to the lineup Tuesday against Nashville …

Reactions: Ladyfan

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Today’s Globe:

Jakub Lauko, who sustained an upper-body injury Sunday, did not practice. “It’s day to day,” Montgomery said. “It’s nothing a 23-year-old won’t get over in due time.” Lauko turned 23 Tuesday … Nick Foligno (knee) participated in practice for the first time since his Feb. 28 collision with Nikita Zadorov in Calgary. Taylor Hall (knee) was also present. Neither is expected to play before the postseason. Montgomery said a report from TSN that Hall is ready but being held out for salary cap reasons was “false” …

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Hall obviously has a minor tear and will need surgery this off season, so why would he play or do contact practice if he could just tear it harder at any moment? but that does present a huge risk for the playoffs because even though we have guys that can jump up into his spot, you're still playing short that game.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Hall obviously has a minor tear and will need surgery this off season, so why would he play or do contact practice if he could just tear it harder at any moment? but that does present a huge risk for the playoffs because even though we have guys that can jump up into his spot, you're still playing short that game.
I think that was the reason for the 2nd opinion. If they determined that he's not in danger of tearing it further by playing then they likely gave him a strict rehab protocol to get him back for the post season.

The thing with tears is that it all depends on where they are and the type of tear. Some require just rest, others require PT and surgery and some you just have to live with.

I tore the muscle that connects the knee and calf in 2021. Holy hell did it hurt but I had to let it heal on its own. It took maybe 8 weeks to fully heal.

Patdud

Sponsor
Mar 23, 2022
New Hampshire
I think that was the reason for the 2nd opinion. If they determined that he's not in danger of tearing it further by playing then they likely gave him a strict rehab protocol to get him back for the post season.

The thing with tears is that it all depends on where they are and the type of tear. Some require just rest, others require PT and surgery and some you just have to live with.

I tore the muscle that connects the knee and calf in 2021. Holy hell did it hurt but I had to let it heal on its own. It took maybe 8 weeks to fully heal.
Partial Tears where soft tissue and hard tissue meet generally need surgery (i.e. a Tendon connecting to a bone, or meniscus in the knee), where as a partial tear within the tissue itself is just a sprain and will heal with rest (the dreaded High ankle sprain for instance is a partial tear (severity determines how bad) in the tendon around where it connects with the calf muscle, this will heal with rest/rehab done correctly.

Reactions: Alicat

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Partial Tears where soft tissue and hard tissue meet generally need surgery (i.e. a Tendon connecting to a bone, or meniscus in the knee), where as a partial tear within the tissue itself is just a sprain and will heal with rest (the dreaded High ankle sprain for instance is a partial tear (severity determines how bad) in the tendon around where it connects with the calf muscle, this will heal with rest/rehab done correctly.
Oh I’m fine now :)

Playing in Hall’s favor is that he’s got a lot of strength in his quads, calf and ankles so with som reinforcement via PT his knee should be ok. The B’s have fantastic knee docs so they wouldn’t be letting him come back.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Oh I’m fine now :)

Playing in Hall’s favor is that he’s got a lot of strength in his quads, calf and ankles so with som reinforcement via PT his knee should be ok. The B’s have fantastic knee docs so they wouldn’t be letting him come back.
That’s where I’m at these days. I just have to sit back and trust that these guys are being taken care of individually with their best long term interests being the top priority.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers

Good stuff

And glad to hear you avoided surgery!

Reactions: Alicat

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Today’s Globe:

Montgomery said defenseman Derek Forbort, out since a March 16 shot block in Winnipeg, is able to ride a bike and maintain his conditioning. Forbort could possibly return before the postseason, but the coach, as is his custom, did not nail that down. “His timeline is looking good,” Montgomery said … Taylor Hall and Nick Foligno practiced in noncontact jerseys.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I swear that's an annual thing for Lauko - go into the boards weird with the collision looking like pure body horror.

Then he takes a game off and is back like nothing happened. There was one in Providence a couple years ago that we all swore was the world's easiest ACL diagnosis, even with grainy ass PBruins broadcast. Not even sure he took a precautionary game off.

Gumby ligaments.

Thinking about this, he reminds me of PJ Axelsson in that respect. Axe seemed to have all kinds of awkward spills and collisions and pop right back up like nothing happened.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Bruins Doctor: Donny. Foligno, Hall, and Forbert all say they are feeling much much better.
GM Donny Sweeney: They are lying, right?
Bruins Doctor: Oh Yes. Very much so. Yes.
GM Donny Sweeney: When will these guys really be able to go?
Bruins Doctor: When do the playoffs start?
GM Donny Sweeney: Around April 17 or so. Give or take. Depending on final schedule.
Bruins Doctor: Then, then.
GM Donny Sweeney: What?
Bruins Doctor: They will be ready to go (looks at his notes)... er.... Around April 17 or so. Give or take. Depending on final schedule.
GM Donny Sweeney: Is that a medical evaluation?

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
Bruins Doctor: Donny. Foligno, Hall, and Forbert all say they are feeling much much better.
GM Donny Sweeney: They are lying, right?
GM Donny Sweeney: When will these guys really be able to go?
Bruins Doctor: When do the playoffs start?
GM Donny Sweeney: Around April 17 or so. Give or take. Depending on final schedule.
Bruins Doctor: Then, then.
GM Donny Sweeney: What?
Bruins Doctor: They will be ready to go (looks at his notes)... er.... Around April 17 or so. Give or take. Depending on final schedule.
GM Donny Sweeney: Is that a medical evaluation?
LOL! This is right out of an episode of MASH!!!

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Today’s Globe:

Long weekend​

Patrice Bergeron took the weekend off. He was at home resting what Montgomery called “nagging” injuries of the upper- and lower-body varieties. He will have six days to recover before Thursday’s game against Toronto.

The 37-year-old captain has been knocked around by players on lesser teams recently. He took a cross-check to the ear from Columbus’s Lane Pederson on Thursday and was knocked down by a late hit from Montreal’s Rem Pitlick the week before. Both incidents drew a fist-flying response from the Bruins.

“He got the cross-check,” Montgomery said, “and he’s been dealing with some upper- and lower-body issues we’d like to give him some rest on.”

In Bergeron’s absence, Pavel Zacha took over as the No. 1 center and recorded three assists. It was another chance for the 25-year-old, acquired last July with an eye on a post-Bergeron and post-David Krejci future, to prove himself as a future bedrock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad