Not open for further replies.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Today’s Globe:

Long weekend​

Patrice Bergeron took the weekend off. He was at home resting what Montgomery called “nagging” injuries of the upper- and lower-body varieties. He will have six days to recover before Thursday’s game against Toronto.

The 37-year-old captain has been knocked around by players on lesser teams recently. He took a cross-check to the ear from Columbus’s Lane Pederson on Thursday and was knocked down by a late hit from Montreal’s Rem Pitlick the week before. Both incidents drew a fist-flying response from the Bruins.

“He got the cross-check,” Montgomery said, “and he’s been dealing with some upper- and lower-body issues we’d like to give him some rest on.”

In Bergeron’s absence, Pavel Zacha took over as the No. 1 center and recorded three assists. It was another chance for the 25-year-old, acquired last July with an eye on a post-Bergeron and post-David Krejci future, to prove himself as a future bedrock.
I am sick of seeing head shots to Bergy and want someone (not named Brad Marchand) to take care of this .

TP70BruinsCup

Let’s Go Bruins👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻
Nov 16, 2019
North of Leafland
I am sick of seeing head shots to Bergy and want someone (not named Brad Marchand) to take care of this .
Which is why there is a place for fighting in hockey. Not Flyers goon lunacy from the mid-70’s……both of those games where Patrice got nailed were nothing games but players weren’t afraid to take a shot. The Bruins pushed back as you say, which should send a message to other teams. But the fact teams think they can do it speaks more to the way the game is now vs anything else. Hope he is ok and the extra rest helps get him ready for the post season. The guy is simply a warrior! (…….aaaaaaaaand a beautiful human being! LOL!)

Reactions: TCB

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Looks like he is doubtful for tomorrow night.

Cap situation is definitely doubtful :laugh:- I guess it would mean moving Foligno and perhaps Forbort to LTIR, or Foligno and sending Lauko down (something along those lines). Foligno alone to LTIR, if I am reading it right, is not enough to make space for Hall.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Today’s Globe:

David Krejci, who missed Sunday’s win in St. Louis with a lower-body ailment, left Wednesday’s practice early. “I think he still had some discomfort,” Montgomery said. “We’re going to be very precautionary right now. He’s questionable for tomorrow. We’ll see in the morning” …

Wednesday’s session marked the first time that Hall shed the red, noncontact sweater he’s skated in over the last week-plus.

Even though coach Jim Montgomery did not confirm or deny Hall’s availability for Thursday’s home matchup against the Maple Leafs, he did note that the 31-year-old has made significant strides.

“We’re starting to get him into game rhythm again through practice … I think he’s doubtful for tomorrow, to be honest,” Montgomery said. “But I’m not going to completely rule him out.”

Hall’s return will further bolster a roster already ranked second in the league in scoring at 3.66 goals per game.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

Bruins defenseman Charlie McAvoy might have avoided serious injury after a collision with teammate Patrice Bergeron in the second period Thursday night against the Maple Leafs at TD Garden.
Coach Jim Montgomery removed his star defenseman for “precautionary reasons” because of an upper-body ailment, and the coach doesn’t seem inclined to put him back on the ice for a back-to-back slate against the Devils and Flyers this weekend.
That same sentiment extends to David Krejci, who missed Thursday’s game because of a nagging lower-body issue.
“Krejci has just got some real soreness right now,” Montgomery said. “We want to make sure everyone’s feeling really good. When you have some soft tissue and some stuff, you don’t want it to get to the point where it’s chronic.”

The Bruins are still awaiting the return of Taylor Hall. Despite joining the team for a full practice on Wednesday, Montgomery noted Thursday morning that the veteran winger has still not received clearance to play.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Also Todays Globe:

The Bruins’ top sniper, David Pastrnak, might have little to play for over the next week. But even with a bout of a stomach bug, Pastrnak took to the ice on Thursday — and put Boston on the brink of hockey history.

After assuring Jim Montgomery that his internal fortitude was suitable for game action, Pastrnak rewarded his coach by rifling home his 57th goal of the season — his sixth tally in the last five games.

“I can’t give him enough credit for how he willed himself to help us tonight,” Montgomery said. “He was not at his 100 percent level. He was battling a stomach virus and I give him full credit for helping us win this hockey game.”

The Bruins avoided both insult and injury during their final regular-season bout with Toronto.

Charlie McAvoy was pulled from the game with 9:32 left in the second period after colliding with Patrice Bergeron. Boston ruled him out for the remainder of the contest, with Montgomery noting postgame that his removal was for “precautionary reasons”.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy Quaider and Looch
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench

Great news!

Also Todays Globe:

The Bruins’ top sniper, David Pastrnak, might have little to play for over the next week. But even with a bout of a stomach bug, Pastrnak took to the ice on Thursday — and put Boston on the brink of hockey history.

After assuring Jim Montgomery that his internal fortitude was suitable for game action, Pastrnak rewarded his coach by rifling home his 57th goal of the season — his sixth tally in the last five games.

“I can’t give him enough credit for how he willed himself to help us tonight,” Montgomery said. “He was not at his 100 percent level. He was battling a stomach virus and I give him full credit for helping us win this hockey game.”

The Bruins avoided both insult and injury during their final regular-season bout with Toronto.

Charlie McAvoy was pulled from the game with 9:32 left in the second period after colliding with Patrice Bergeron. Boston ruled him out for the remainder of the contest, with Montgomery noting postgame that his removal was for “precautionary reasons”.
I knew something was "off" with Pasta right away (pregame skate). No smiles at all which is not normal for him.

Love the kid and hope he is feeling well soon.

Reactions: NeelyDan

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Also Todays Globe:

Pasta has little to play for? You think he doesn’t want 60? (I don’t care what he says)

Reactions: Ladyfan and HustleB

The Storm

Mar 15, 2022
Pasta has little to play for? You think he doesn’t want 60? (I don’t care what he says)
Pasta is absolutely going to play. There are only 22 NHL players with 60+ goals in a season. Soon there will be 23. Pasta is the one guy that is not going to sit. He wants to be in elite company, no doubt. Legend.

Reactions: Ladyfan and sooshii

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Anyword on Lauko? Was a surprise to see him out yesterday. Perhaps he and Pasta had the same pre-game meal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad