Pre-Game Talk: Bring on the canucks! (schedule added post#1)

Levie

Mar 15, 2011
Kesler back with Roy according to media.

Does this benefit or hurt our chances? I thought that would mean Pavelski would have no one to match up against if they top load 2 lines. :shrug:

magic school bus

Jun 4, 2010
San Jose, CA

Does this benefit or hurt our chances? I thought that would mean Pavelski would have no one to match up against if they top load 2 lines. :shrug:

I thinks a good thing. Kesler looks cooked, and Roy was one of the few people on their team who could generate a shot towards the net. Let him drag Roy down.

pappaf2

Feb 24, 2009
Bay Area, CA
I thinks a good thing. Kesler looks cooked, and Roy was one of the few people on their team who could generate a shot towards the net. Let him drag Roy down.

There is some speculation that Kesler has the flu or something, so if he gets rid of that he will improve his game. But as of now I see this as helping the sharks get a mismatch for one of the lines.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
This. It's like when we put Thornton with Burish. Now, to be fair, Roy<Thornton and Kesler without limbs>>>>>>>>>>Burish.

Last edited:

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
If Kessler is just ill as rumored, that could be a dangerous line. That will however give the Sharks 3rd line a mismatch. It is a bit telling if they make that move that Vigneault doesn't think it was an issue of effort.

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011

I think it benefits us, it gives them a really weak 3rd line and Vlasic was already shutting down the Sedins so their forward depth seems pretty shallow this way

NWShark*

Helps immensely. Pavs line should put up a couple goals assuming Havlat comes back healthy next game.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
If Kessler is just ill as rumored, that could be a dangerous line. That will however give the Sharks 3rd line a mismatch. It is a bit telling if they make that move that Vigneault doesn't think it was an issue of effort.

He's doesn't just have the flu. There's a lot of injuries that can be caused by a Raffi Torres hit; the flu is not one of them.

Last edited:

DuckEatinShark

GET ALL THE PPs!!!!
Jul 20, 2009
San Jose

Then their bottom lines become crappy. Probably see Raymond move down to the 3rd line.

That's better for us. Couture's line played well against the Sedins. Thornton's line will do fine against Kesler and Roy's line.

The Sheppard-Pavelski-Torres line should dominate whoever else AV throws at them.

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
I don't want to hear a single word about officiating from the Canucks or their coach after this BS statement:

Hansen was unapologetic when told Galiardi was upset about it on Wednesday night.

“He’s not happy getting hit? What’s new about that? It’s hockey,” Hansen said. “You’re going to get hit out there. If there’s a penalty, the refs are going to call them.”

I'm sure we will though.

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
I don't want this to be a special teams affair because the Sharks' special teams usually melt down in the playoffs but they really need to call the boardings and charging or people are gonna get carted off. There were some brutal hits yesterday and the Sharks don't have enough depth on defense or forward-wise to lose people.

hockeyball

Nov 10, 2007
I don't want this to be a special teams affair because the Sharks' special teams usually melt down in the playoffs but they really need to call the boardings and charging or people are gonna get carted off. There were some brutal hits yesterday and the Sharks don't have enough depth on defense or forward-wise to lose people.

Our special teams are going to be tested at some point one way or another. Statistically we want this to be a special teams battle because we'll win it.

Solmors

<3 Data
May 3, 2010
San Jose
I just noticed, but of the 6 games to be played so far, ours was the only upset. All the others the higher seed won. Might change with tonight's games though. Ottawa has a good shot vs Montreal, and Rangers might be able to take the Caps if Lundqvist stands on his head.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad