Pre-Game Talk: Bring on the canucks! (schedule added post#1)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

ChompChomp

Can't wait for Sharks hockey to return someday
Jan 8, 2007
El Paso, TX
I seem to recall 3 5on3 goals scored in less than 2 minutes and a missed icing call that led directly to Bieksa's where's waldo goal to end the series.

As Eighth Fret said, the missed icing led to Vancouver tying up that game, so yeah.

But the 3 5 on 3 goals? All of those penalties by the Sharks were deserved and not bad calls, especially Murray's completely inexcusable delay of game penalty for shooting the puck over the glass. You may not like that penalty, but it's a rule and Murray has no business even coming close to shooting a puck over the glass, especially when the Sharks are on a PK. One of the other penalties in that sequence was too many men with Couture jumping on too early and again, IIRC, that was fairly clearly a penalty. I think the original penalty was to Torrey Mitchell and that was a clear-cut penalty too.

The refs screwed is on that icing in Game 5, but those Game 4 penalties were all Sharks.

Bankerguy

Apr 28, 2013
I agree wholeheartedly except for the goalie part. Who needs a cup winning Vezina candidate when you've got a guy with 3 career playoff games?

No doubt Cory Schneider doesn't have much playoff experience. But anyone who watches him game in and game out can see that he's a top notch goalie....he's dominated every level...I remember when Canuck fans were hyping him up before he really had much NHL experience, he got a lot of hate "oh he's only played 15 games! " ...Well he's got close to 100 games under his belt and he's still dominating.. (928 career save percentage!2.11GAA WOW)

Obviously anything can happen in the playoffs, but looking at his pedigree, and looking at him with your eyes and not just looking at stats, I think its safe to assume that its a pretty safe bet he'll do well in the playoffs.

I think that if you give the slight edge to SJ in the G department, that's fine, you can really make a case for that.... Niemi has played like a Vezina goalie....but he's had poor years in the past...905 save percentage in the playoffs and 2.84 gaa..so its not like he's a LOCK to rip it up...
G's a wash...OR possibly slight edge to SJ.

DuckEatinShark

GET ALL THE PPs!!!!
Jul 20, 2009
San Jose
Tennyson - 4 games / 0 goals / 2 assists

Hannan - 33 Games / 0 goals / 1 assist

Plus the rookie moves the puck better.

Case rested.

You're right. Clearly we should judge defensemen solely by their point per game average.:sarcasm:

I rather not have 2 rookies playing in the postseason this year. Give Tennyson a few more regular season games next year and see how it goes. I do think Tenny is better than Hannan now, but the playoffs can be quite nerve-racking for a rookie, where a small mistake can change a series.

However, I'd pair Hannan with someone other than Stuart.

Mafoofoo

Jawesome
Jul 3, 2010
Laguna Beach
That's all fine and dandy but you forgot to take into account Koala points where Hannan has Tennyson beat by a staggering 50 to 7. So of course Tmac is gonna play Hannan.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
i understand the rookie hesitation. i think we will see him feature in this round, just not to start and thats understandable. game 1s are intense, as are game 7s.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
lets just do

boyle/irwin
vlasic/braun

and then roll out stuart on all the PKs. and put hannan on the fourth line for a few shifts.

tennyson does lead the team in Corsi though. im sure he will sustain it :sarcasm:

Last edited:

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002

NWShark*

You should check out the main board. They think we were sellers at the deadline even though we pointed out the Torres and Hanna trades.:laugh:

They also think unloading those three while acquiring Torres still makes us a slow team.

BEst to stay away from the main board... "tis a silly place"...:D

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad