Pre-Game Talk: Bring on the canucks! (schedule added post#1)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
No surprise. Up front, Vancouver is very strong; very deep. Joe Thornton needs to wake up out of this funk's hes been in. In 2011 form, he'd dominate any matchup...

The Canucks finished two points ahead of SJ and played in one of the worst divisions in hockey. Winter is coming. This will go 6 or 7.

NWShark*

We edge the Sharks out slightly in goaltending too.

Uh.. no. Schneider has a smaller sample size and Niemi outduelled him in all 3 meetings. 2 of which were when the sharks were in their crap stretch. Shneids stats are padded from playing in that crappy NW division.

NWShark*

The Canucks finished two points ahead of SJ and played in one of the worst divisions in hockey. Winter is coming. This will go 6 or 7.

Assuming the sharks actually show up, I'll be surprised if it goes 6. This is the closest the sharks have ever been to being built like Boston. Roll 4 lines and pound the other team into submission. Put a consistent goal scorer on each line and overwhelm the other team. the 4th not so much but they will get their chances. They are exactly the type of line that can come out and put up a couple when you least expect it.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
Assuming the sharks actually show up, I'll be surprised if it goes 6.

What makes you think they won't aside from baseless speculation? The same can be said for Vancouver..who sputtered into the playoffs including getting stomped by Edmonton.

Just saw your edit and I agree.

Gunnin54

Nov 7, 2012
Won Tickets?

I won tickets through the tune in contest I'm so happy game 4 anyone goin to be t?here

NWShark*

What makes you think they won't aside from baseless speculation? The same can be said for Vancouver..who sputtered into the playoffs including getting stomped by Edmonton.

Just saw your edit and I agree.

Isn't the whole purpose of this board just baseless speculation...? :sarcasm:

one2gamble

Dec 24, 2007
If the games continue to be called in this fashion the sharks are going to struggle unless they find something 5v5. Gali better find some finish real quick.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
FYI - poll will be closing before the drop of the puck tonight. So vote if you want to to prove your predictive skills.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
Black Aces (and injured/healthy scratches) -- from game roster:

0 D DYLAN DEMELO
5 D JASON DEMERS
23 C SCOTT GOMEZ
38 C BRACKEN KEARNS
40 C SEBASTIAN STALBERG
42 R MATT PELECH
46 L TIM KENNEDY
54 D NICK PETRECKI
62 D SENA ACOLATSE
67 C TRAVIS OLEKSUK
75 C FREDDIE HAMILTON
77 D TAYLOR DOHERTY
80 D MATT TENNYSON
32 G ALEX STALOCK
35 G HARRI SATERI
36 G J.P. ANDERSON

AIUI, really only Stalock, Kearns and Pelech are "with" the team in Van (in addition to the regular NHL roster guys).

Broiler19

Oct 27, 2008
Winnipeg, MB
Fired right up about the win. Stole home ice, come out hard in game 2 and steal that one. Solid 40 mins tonight, fix up the second and I can't wait for the series to shift to the tank. Wish I could be there to see the boys... And the stones lol. Fired up. GO SHARKS! Can't wait until Friday...!!

TrappedInFullerton

Murray SMASH
Apr 19, 2006
Why is there so little talk about Havlat getting speared in the nuts by Bieska? Sounds dirty from everything that's been said, but no one's posted a video...

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad