Pre-Game Talk: Bring on the canucks! (schedule added post#1)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tkachuk4MVP

32 Years of Fail
Apr 15, 2006
San Diego, CA
Can we stop with this Marleau v. Thornton stuff already and just agree that both of these losers need to play better if we're gonna go anywhere?

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
Joe "Tin Man" Thornton's last goal was April 3rd.

His last SOG was also April 3rd :sarcasm:

Can we stop with this Marleau v. Thornton stuff already and just agree that both of these losers need to play better if we're gonna go anywhere?

Seriously guys. Bieksa, Burrows, Kesler, Lucbourdon, that dude that called us the San Jose Ducks etc. are the enemy. Stop fighting amongst ourselves.

Lareves

Year of the Shark
Apr 12, 2011
Reno - Nevada
My ONLY issue with the black jerseys is history.

I'm having a hard time trying to word this, (have deleted my paragraph 3 times lol) but It comes down to this. when we hoist the cup, I want it to be in teal. Years from now when I see video of Jumbo lifting that trophy over his head, I think I would be a touch sad that we weren't wearing teal.

This is just one of those incredibly minuscule non points that go through my head. A Cup is a Cup man! Win it!

sharski

Jun 4, 2012
settle an argument

who would you guys say was the Sharks MVP this season?

niemi and it's not even close

i feel like that stretch in february/march when the team was like worst-team-in-the-league bad, he was the only reason we were getting some loser points and not falling out of playoff contention... and many games in which we get the 2 points required Nemo making some amazing highlight reel saves

OrrNumber4

Jul 25, 2002
Over that time he put up 46 shots. But yeah. Loser.

I forgot that the winner of the game when the horn sounds is the team with the most shots.

Other than in 2007-2008, when Marleau was playing well below-his level, Marleau has been fine. He's had his bouts of inconsistencies, but I'd say that at worse, he's slightly less consistent than your average star player. True enough, Marleau does struggle against certain systems, but he's doing all he can to succeed. He's just a relatively limited player.

Last edited:

Ninja Hertl

formerly sharkohol
Feb 25, 2006
The Yay
Man. Off topic but comparing the Rangers' fans recent thoughts on Clowe vs his first few games over there is astonishing. No one wants to resign him

Ninja Hertl

formerly sharkohol
Feb 25, 2006
The Yay
Niemi/Couture/Burns are MVPs for me. Burns moving to F sparked the team quite a bit and Nemo/Couture are obvious.

Stuart was great for a long while but faltered down the stretch.

NWShark*

This. If the team is to advance it'll take everyone... even Burish.:help:

MechaMarleau

Vertebraeker
Apr 13, 2007
Menlo Park
I think this run is less about whether Marleau and Thornton show up, as whether Couture and Pavelski can become the leaders this team has always wanted and never got in the playoffs.

Marleau and Thornton are both 33 and have a huge amount of playoff experience. They're important cogs (Thornton centering Burns, Marleau playing a biblical amount of PK minutes), but this team is Couture's to lead. His six blocked shots in the clinching game shows he'll do anything to win, and this is his chance to become well known outside his timezone. As Pavelski has had some huge numbers and clutch scoring in the playoffs, I think he's key. If his third line can lock up the Sedins and throw a huge amount of hits, it may give the Sharks the edge in the second half of the series.

Niemi is also there of course; unlike other teams we don't have goalie drama. It's him or bust.

Question marks: Boyle (great in stretches, can he do a full run?), Havlat (obvious), Irwin and Braun (can they provide offense without making rubbish defensive choices)

NWShark*

Hitting and shot blocking are at an all time high and the padding now enables players to do this. I think hitting is misleading because usually it means you're chasing the puck all night but in the Sharks recent game against Dallas..they hit the Stars D all night and by the 3rd period they wanted no part of holding the puck especially Goligoski.

No doubt. And I see that happening in this series. The sharks have more hitters with skating ability than they have had in anumber of years. If they stay healthy and out hit vancouver, the canucks will be done by game 4.

TJ, wingles, marleau, burns, burish, pavs, shep, crazy eyes, stuart, hannan, braun, demers. All guys who will hit with regularity. And now it's the playoffs thornton will hit too. That's a lot of beef and you can expect crazy eyes to knock at least one player out of the series. Hopefully it'll be legal like his hit on Thornton was.

Also between TJ, torres, Burish and burns I expect them to drive the canucks nutz with **** talk and antagonizing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad