Bridgeport Sound Tigers Discussion Part V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie1

It's all McDonald's
Dec 7, 2013
I thought Strome had a good third period in Albany last night. Looks like he really needs to be in the center of the ice to make things happen.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Does anyone recommend a particular restaurant or restaurants near the arena in Bridgeport? I'll be heading up there for the first time this Saturday.

WinhallVT124

Head on a swivel
Mar 6, 2015
Winhall,VT
Does anyone recommend a particular restaurant or restaurants near the arena in Bridgeport? I'll be heading up there for the first time this Saturday.

Fire Engine Pizza on Fairfield Ave. Great brick oven pizza and good craft beer selection on draft.

If you go try the loaded baked potato pizza.

It's about 10 min from the arena.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011

I recommend not going anywhere other than the arena (at least in Bridgeport).

All the nice places are a 10-15 minute drive away on 95.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I'm also heading up to Bridgeport tonight. First time ever at the arena. Does anyone have a recommendation on what section to get tickets for?

Isles Enforcer

Sep 22, 2005
New York
www.islesenforcers.com
I'm also heading up to Bridgeport tonight. First time ever at the arena. Does anyone have a recommendation on what section to get tickets for?

If you dont want center ice seats sitt in either 110,111 or 105. Most of these sections are full of STH'ers. 111 is right by the players tunnel and 110 is behind the net in which the ST shoot against twice.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
If you dont want center ice seats sitt in either 110,111 or 105. Most of these sections are full of STH'ers. 111 is right by the players tunnel and 110 is behind the net in which the ST shoot against twice.

Thanks.

wellsZe

Feb 19, 2015
Dinosaur BBQ in Stamford, CT is awesome. Wings are really good.
Colony grill in Stamford i heard is also great for pizza. (Haven't been yet)

Food is actually decent to really good at Webster bank. 2roads makes great beer. Cool Irish pub in the arena. Even though a horseshoe set up, it's a great hockey arena and they put on a great minor league islanders game day experience. (Almost better than Barclays). Sweet new Jumbotron.

Tickets for BST games are pretty $$$ and almost as much as Barclays crappy seats. 36 for center ice seats. I recommend buying a crappy cheap seats and moving to a better area, but be respectful of families and people's actual seats. Place won't be full. They also have a $3 off if you have AAA card.

Have fun! Tell other people of your great time! Bring your friends. I hope they don't leave Bridgeport. I'm from the Hartford area and hate the wolfpuke so I'll be there rooting for the BST.

wellsZe

Feb 19, 2015
Dinosaur BBQ in Stamford, CT is awesome. Wings are really good.
Colony grill in Stamford i heard is also great for pizza. (Haven't been yet)

Food is actually decent to really good at Webster bank. 2roads makes great beer. Cool Irish pub in the arena. Even though a horseshoe set up, it's a great hockey arena and they put on a great minor league islanders game day experience. (Almost better than Barclays). Sweet new Jumbotron.

Tickets for BST games are pretty $$$ and almost as much as Barclays crappy seats. 36 for center ice seats. I recommend buying a crappy cheap seats and moving to a better area, but be respectful of families and people's actual seats. Place won't be full. They also have a $3 off if you have AAA card.

Have fun! Tell other people of your great time! Bring your friends. I hope they don't leave Bridgeport. I'm from the Hartford area and hate the wolfpuke so I'll be there rooting for the BST.

Taz62

Oct 9, 2015
Ontario

islandermaniac

Feb 27, 2002
does anyone know why ryan pulock averaged 2.48 shots per game last year and is only averaging 1.68 shots per game this year?

much appreciated!

islandermaniac

Feb 27, 2002
He's not shooting as much.

thanks for information. glad to see your contribution. the question still stands for people with knowledge of the game of hockey and the soundtigers.

thanks in advance to all of those who can explain why this player's best asset is not in full use this season!

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
thanks for information. glad to see your contribution. the question still stands for people with knowledge of the game of hockey and the soundtigers.

thanks in advance to all of those who can explain why this player's best asset is not in full use this season!

Bridgeport's a lot deeper in every position this year and Pulock's likely trying to focus on the rest of his game so he can see some NHL time sooner than later.

islandermaniac

Feb 27, 2002
Bridgeport's a lot deeper in every position this year and Pulock's likely trying to focus on the rest of his game so he can see some NHL time sooner than later.

are you meaning to say that his ice time is down because of improved defensive depth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad