Bridgeport Sound Tigers Discussion Part V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Veteran journeyman

May 12, 2007
Did you watch, listen? Who was strome with, what line, how'd he play?

Didn't watch, but I saw updates on Twitter...Strome got an assist on third goal by Quine. Seemed like Williams had a really good game unless the BST social media person was just being dramatic!

charlie1

It's all McDonald's
Dec 7, 2013
Did you watch, listen? Who was strome with, what line, how'd he play?

Strome centered a line with Halmo and Quine. He began the game slow with some mistakes in the first period. He steadily got better and by the end of the game was playing well. His assist was not a real assist, just a broken play that ended up on Pelech's stick who shot it and Quine buried the rebound.

Strome got 2nd unit PP and PK time. Not a whole lot of ice time overall.

Pulock looked good, his defensive reads seem to be getting better and he led a couple of nice rushes. He defintely likes to jump into the play on offense. Mayfield was his usual physical self.

Williams did play well with a couple of flashy saves. Bridgeport dominated though and deserved to win.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Strome centered a line with Halmo and Quine. He began the game slow with some mistakes in the first period. He steadily got better and by the end of the game was playing well. His assist was not a real assist, just a broken play that ended up on Pelech's stick who shot it and Quine buried the rebound.

Strome got 2nd unit PP and PK time. Not a whole lot of ice time overall.

Pulock looked good, his defensive reads seem to be getting better and he led a couple of nice rushes. He defintely likes to jump into the play on offense. Mayfield was his usual physical self.

Williams did play well with a couple of flashy saves. Bridgeport dominated though and deserved to win.

I really want Pulock to get a look. We could use a guy that's willing to jump in on the play.

charlie1

It's all McDonald's
Dec 7, 2013
I really want Pulock to get a look. We could use a guy that's willing to jump in on the play.

I'd like him or Mayfield to get a call up if we have an injury at RD. In general though I think it's best for his development to spend most of the year in Bridgeport. To develop his type of skill game he really needs to play against the less skilled guys of the AHL where he can carry the puck and make plays. If he was brought up the NHL he'd be forced to play a much more conservative game, which ultimately, would stunt his growth.

Next year though I am 100% on board with him getting a legit shot to make the team, assuming he continues to develop well for the rest of this year.

Veteran journeyman

May 12, 2007
I'd like him or Mayfield to get a call up if we have an injury at RD. In general though I think it's best for his development to spend most of the year in Bridgeport. To develop his type of skill game he really needs to play against the less skilled guys of the AHL where he can carry the puck and make plays. If he was brought up the NHL he'd be forced to play a much more conservative game, which ultimately, would stunt his growth.

Next year though I am 100% on board with him getting a legit shot to make the team, assuming he continues to develop well for the rest of this year.

I'm not really feeling it with Zid so far. If we need a PP weapon and bottom-pair D, I'd rather give Pulock a quick look and see if he fits better. If not, he can go back down, and no harm no foul. I don't see how it would be disruptive for the team or harmful for his development to give him a couple of games to see if he runs with it.

Same with Mayfield. Against a bigger, meaner team at home, where it'd be easier to call him up on short notice, I'd love to see him get in a game instead of Strait. If he plays well and adds a useful element, give him another game and let him go until he plays himself out of the lineup.

I don't have a problem with both guys in Bridgeport if that's where they belong, just both of them there without even getting a glance first...

scott99

May 13, 2005
Bridgeport 1, Hartford 0
Goal-Graham (3)
Gibson, 30 saves, 30 shots

Two shutouts in a row for the Soundtigers. Very successful weekend for Williams and Gibson. The baby Islanders are playing better than the big team. Also, people talking about bringing up Pulock or Mayfield, I love BOTH of those guys, but man Pelech is plus NINE ! Maybe that's who we need. Also chiming in a tiny bit of offense (2 goals and 2 assists so far).

charlie1

It's all McDonald's
Dec 7, 2013
Two shutouts in a row for the Soundtigers. Very successful weekend for Williams and Gibson. The baby Islanders are playing better than the big team. Also, people talking about bringing up Pulock or Mayfield, I love BOTH of those guys, but man Pelech is plus NINE ! Maybe that's who we need. Also chiming in a tiny bit of offense (2 goals and 2 assists so far).

Scott, what are the winning lotto numbers tonight?

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
November 11
Bridgeport 4, Providence 3
Goals-Collberg (2), Vaive (5), Kearns (9), Quine (6)
Goalie-Gibson, 28 saves, 31 shots

Nice!

Reallllly liking this team right now.

Has a little bit of everything, but the strong goaltending and incredible depth (and size for that matter) up front is making things real interesting.

I'm starting to wonder how long it'll take before we have to look at Quine as an NHL option?

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere
Nice!

Reallllly liking this team right now.

Has a little bit of everything, but the strong goaltending and incredible depth (and size for that matter) up front is making things real interesting.

I'm starting to wonder how long it'll take before we have to look at Quine as an NHL option?

Only saw Quine once this season when Bridgeport was up at Albany recently. Scored the first goal of the game. Hard to judge anyone at that game, the Devils farm team played just like the big team, was kind of a game you needed No Doz, not much happened offensively at either end. Have tickets for when Bridgeport is at Utica on November 21 so will get get another look. Quine would have to be used to add a little offense, his game isn't really suited as a defensive 4th line role.

Spybot

May 12, 2014
Didn't see the whole game, but I did see Pulock score on a huge clean breakaway, almost looked like a penalty shot. He did the classic forehand fake-backhand move. Pretty funny.

Spybot

May 12, 2014
I love this team, they are insane! Good to see Finn get on the board, how has he looked?
He had a couple of interesting rushes, his goal came when he acted as a winger, jumped up the play and got a pass from Holmstrom then shot it from inside the left circle through the five hole. I'll have to watch more games to get a better idea, tonight the bears defense and goaltending were pretty terrible at times.

charlie1

It's all McDonald's
Dec 7, 2013
I love this team, they are insane! Good to see Finn get on the board, how has he looked?

I only caught the first period and half of the third but he looked a bit more confident tonight. Definitely still their #6 though and he'll be sent down once Pelech is back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad