Bridgeport Sound Tigers Discussion Part V

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

charlie1

It's all McDonald's
Dec 7, 2013
It will be interesting to see if Mayfield and Pulock step up their play given the Hamonic situation.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Anybody who watches the Sound Tigers is Strome even showing up? I would expect more then 3 points in 5 games out of him(he is playing his 6th game tonight and no points after 2 periods)

charlie1

It's all McDonald's
Dec 7, 2013
Anybody who watches the Sound Tigers is Strome even showing up? I would expect more then 3 points in 5 games out of him(he is playing his 6th game tonight and no points after 2 periods)

I've watched three of his games at Bridgeport including last night's game against Utica, so I'll give you my take.

He's showing up, but I'd like to see him do more. He's clearly the most skilled forward on the ice. He makes passes that most Bridgeport players wouldn't dream of trying. But that's kind of expected from him. I'm judging him on whether he is creating scoring chances and driving the play. In my opinion, he is not doing that well enough yet.

He's spending too much time on the perimeter for my liking. Strome is at his best when he moves the puck through the center of the ice. Either through seam passes or by carrying the puck. He hasn't been doing that enough. He's also not putting himself in a position to take high-percentage shots, and he's not really driving into the crease.

TLDR: To me, he looks similar to when he was with the Islanders this year, just now he is against weaker opponents.

DarkHorse

Go Banana!
Jul 15, 2003
At this point, I don't want the kids getting called up. Let them feel like winners for a while. Let them learn from Thompson. Keep Capuano's loser stink off them.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Hopefully Strome will get his mojo and confidence going and then become our big-time joker later in the season and heading into the playoff run.

I guess we can officially call this thing a sophomore slump.

charlie1

It's all McDonald's
Dec 7, 2013
Springfield ran over Gibson twice. Thats what sparked this whole thing.

Yeah, what a horribly officiated game. Penalties were 11-3 against BST in the third period. Springfield interferes with Gibson twice in one sequence. Then Halmo, Mayfield, and Carkner go after the goalie.

On another note, boy do they miss Whitney. The powerplay is so lost without him. You would think Strome could take over but that obviously is not working. Really hope Strome gets it together. If nothing else, we can put to rest the "sending him down will motivate him" rhetoric.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Yeah, what a horribly officiated game. Penalties were 11-3 against BST in the third period. Springfield interferes with Gibson twice in one sequence. Then Halmo, Mayfield, and Carkner go after the goalie.

On another note, boy do they miss Whitney. The powerplay is so lost without him. You would think Strome could take over but that obviously is not working. Really hope Strome gets it together. If nothing else, we can put to rest the "sending him down will motivate him" rhetoric.

I heard that Doug Weight might be able to help their PP :sarcasm:

Clutcherbuck

Feb 28, 2007
Albany, NY
Went to the Bridgeport game in Albany tonight. I have to really say that Ryan Pulock was extremely impressive in this game with his composure, his positioning, and his tape to tape breakout passes from the defensive zone. He never really had a chance to show off his shot. What are we waiting for Garth?

Ryan Strome, even if not for his goal, played a pretty good game as well. He always seemed to be positioned well for what was going on during the game.

Scott Mayfield has his ups and downs. From what I saw tonight and it's just one game, he needs to stay in the Bridge a little longer. Other prospects had average games but never stood out.

Collberg never played. Ok, technically he did, just never did anything of note at all.

Matt Finn looks like Bridgeport's Brian Strait.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad