Bridgeport Sound Tigers Discussion Part IV

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Every sound tiger but Gallant got beat. Lol

Mayfield is a tough defensman but he's not good at scraping. Bless his heart he continues to try though. Lol

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
Every sound tiger but Gallant got beat. Lol

Mayfield is a tough defensman but he's not good at scraping. Bless his heart he continues to try though. Lol

Yeah, Mayfield definitely needs some pugilism lessons if he wants to continue throwing down. He was pissed though, I wonder what that dude said to him to get him that riled up.

Gallant is like a real life Doug Glatt, fists of iron.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Yeah, Mayfield definitely needs some pugilism lessons if he wants to continue throwing down. He was pissed though, I wonder what that dude said to him to get him that riled up.

Gallant is like a real life Doug Glatt, fists of iron.

Lmao PW. Gallant is a real life Doug Glatt. We just need him to change his number to #69!!!

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
The soundtigers are terrible and have been for a while. The only thingi I care about with them is when is Pulock coming back and Reinharts development.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
I love Mayfield's heart and grit. I really hope he keeps progressing sine he would be the perfect sixth defenseman in a couple years (let him stay in the AHL the rest of this season and most of next year).

He is big, strong, is not afraid to throw his body around with reckless abandon (be it blocking shots or cutting off players along the boards), his skating keeps getting better and he can jump up in the offensive zone to help out.

Honestly, he has the tools, all he needs is experience and refinement, which you get by playing 20-plus minutes a night in the AHL and good coaching. Teach him to use his size a little better and fight and he is a cheap, young and powerful defenseman who can be paired with CdH on the third pairing to clear the crease and protect others.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
I love Mayfield's heart and grit. I really hope he keeps progressing sine he would be the perfect sixth defenseman in a couple years (let him stay in the AHL the rest of this season and most of next year).

He is big, strong, is not afraid to throw his body around with reckless abandon (be it blocking shots or cutting off players along the boards), his skating keeps getting better and he can jump up in the offensive zone to help out.

Honestly, he has the tools, all he needs is experience and refinement, which you get by playing 20-plus minutes a night in the AHL and good coaching. Teach him to use his size a little better and fight and he is a cheap, young and powerful defenseman who can be paired with CdH on the third pairing to clear the crease and protect others.

+1. Exactly what I was thinking. After watching the Hickey/Viz pairing yesterday (and the whole year), Mayfield is the perfect 6th man for this team. Its too bad he's legitimately 1.5 years away. But hopefully he continually develops and pushes the likes of Hickey/Strait, etc. and gets some meaningful playing time in the bigs.

Did he get worked in the fight? I saw Courtnall get his ass handed to him but I didn't see Mayfield get beat. But maybe I missed it. He definitely got smacked last year in his one NHL fight but he was going against a real fighter - not sure if he knew it.

Btw, Gallant is awesome. He's chirping with O'Brien - pauses to throw a punch - and then goes back to chirp some more.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Sound Tigers Trade For Carson McMillan, Sign Cam Reid To PTO

The Bridgeport Sound Tigers acquired forward Carson McMillan from the Toronto Marlies in exchange for forward Peter Sivak on Thursday. Sivak spent the majority of the 2014–15 season with the ECHL’s Stockton Thunder, scoring 26 points (10 goals, 16 assists) in 29 games while scoring one goal in six games with the Sound Tigers. McMillan played in 22 games with the Orlando Solar Bears of the ECHL recording 14 points (five goals, nine assists) while ading one assist in 13 games with the Marlies. McMillan was originally drafted by the Minnesota Wild 200th overall in 2007 and has 16 games of NHL experience. The Sound Tigers also signed Cam Reid to a professional tryout Friday. Reid ranked first on the Reading Royals of the ECHL with 20 goals and second with 47 points in 50 games.

http://islanders.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=754715

Carson McMillan
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=13595

Cam Reid
http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=40884

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
Mayfield suspended for six games after the brawl the other day

I think for coming off the bench to join the fight.

That is to bad because he can use all the game development he can get.

I am looking for him to be an Islander sometime late next season.

He and eventually Reinhart & Pelech will provide the size we lack now.

Pulock is a big kid also.

rikker

Jun 6, 2003
Visit site
i am fairly confident in Reinhart and Pulock to provide all around games, but can Mayfield do this? he is physical (at least he isn't afraid :D ), and lard knows we need it, but how is he at the transition game? has he a decent first pass out of the zone? how is his hockey sense? is there a chance that he will just be another Strait? for some reason, i still see Pelech being a more valuable piece. maybe i see him as having better hockey sense? haven't seen enough of either to make an accurate assessment, though. just remember being impressed with Pelech at the world juniors. almost like a Hamonic light. good 3rd pairing guy.

BillD

Feb 12, 2004
i am fairly confident in Reinhart and Pulock to provide all around games, but can Mayfield do this? he is physical (at least he isn't afraid :D ), and lard knows we need it, but how is he at the transition game? has he a decent first pass out of the zone? how is his hockey sense? is there a chance that he will just be another Strait? for some reason, i still see Pelech being a more valuable piece. maybe i see him as having better hockey sense? haven't seen enough of either to make an accurate assessment, though. just remember being impressed with Pelech at the world juniors. almost like a Hamonic light. good 3rd pairing guy.
Pelech does not skate as well as Hamonic or Mayfield. He does have good hockey sense and vision, and has a mean streak which at 220 lbs. can do some damage.

Levi Walking Bear

Very Interesting
Oct 8, 2009
Anywhere

Mayfield doesn't have great hockey sense so see him as a defensive type. Saw him a few times last year when Bridgeport made road trips upstate and he keeps his game very simple which is good. He appears to have a good idea what he can and can't do.

Pelech has excellent hockey, he won't have the offensive role he had in Erie. He can play on a shut down pair or he can compliment more of an offensive type partner.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
One thing about Pelech, is he never gives up on the play. He knows where he needs to be, plays his angles right and leaves it all out on the ice. His skating does need work though.

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
Geez Bridgeport is bad. I'm worried especially about how our young defensemen are developing considering there losing almost every game lately.

charlie1

It's all McDonald's
Dec 7, 2013
Question for the BPT-heads: Which side does Pulock play on during the PP?

I've heard he has a great shot on the PP and I'm wondering if he is playing his off-side (the left). Boychuk is being played on his strong-side (right) which limits his ability to get off his one-timer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad