Speculation: Brian Wilde just said assistants and Lefebvre gone

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
We’re not loaded with talent but a good coach can maybe get more out of players. SL can’t do that so I just don’t see his value.
I think a good coach can get more out of players who have more to give...but agreed that SL has proven he can't do squat, so hoping this report is true.

But personally, until the talent level is higher in the AHL, I don't expect results to change.

Jul 6, 2016
Why? He has done an outstanding job with our young players.

Dis he have talented young talents to work with ? Very, very few... And just check out how many players (lots of scrubs) that he had to coach over those years. Some years, he had more than 50 players to juggle with because of injuries and call-ups.

He is not a good coach, but not as awful as you may think.

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
Everyone should be fired

Except for Julien

GM should be fired , everyone alongside the gm should be fired , assi coaches should be fired so Julien can pick his own staff
Rocket GM should be fired , Coach and all assi coaches also

Only Keep Waite and Julien and Timmins on watch
and please name a real Hockey President. Molsons knows batshit about hockey

Jul 6, 2016
Everyone should be fired

Except for Julien

GM should be fired , everyone alongside the gm should be fired , assi coaches should be fired so Julien can pick his own staff
Rocket GM should be fired , Coach and all assi coaches also

Only Keep Waite and Julien and Timmins on watch
and please name a real Hockey President. Molsons knows bat**** about hockey

Julien and Timmins should be fired too....

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Julien and Timmins should be fired too....

Julien is not the problem why Habs suck so much.
Julien made Galchenyuk a better player overall.
Hes a great coach , only in Montreal to bash a guy that won everything and who was put in the dumbest scenario possible.
Julien is chained by Bergevin.
Julien dont even have a top 6 center and 3 good wingers on the top 6.
Let alone the D
and Price playing like absolute garbage.

Stop blaming the coach for once. This team wouldnt be better with Joel Quenneville and Babcock behind the bench this year.
stop dreaming.

Reactions: Vachon23

dcal64

Jul 4, 2010
Ottawa
Hes a great coach , only in Montreal to bash a guy that won everything and who was put in the dumbest scenario possible.
Let alone the D

Stop blaming the coach for once. This team wouldnt be better with Joel Quenneville and Babcock behind the bench this year.
stop dreaming.

Julien is a big problem, look at Boston how well they are doing without him.

Julien is probably responsible for us wasting assets acquiring dinosaurs King and Ott at the trade deadline, he likes his 4th liners to be tough, which is why we traded away Mitchell. Mitchell in last year's playoffs would have been a lot more useful than King.

The only people that should keep their jobs are Timmins and Muller, the only thing working this year is the PP, which is what Muller is responsible for.

Reactions: WeThreeKings

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Let alone the D

stop dreaming.

totaly agree with you ! Babcock has finish last him to ! Quennville didn't make the playoff this year. Claude Julien has a top 5 in the league pedigree: 1 Jack Adams, 1 Stanley Cup, 1 final , 1 gold medal in the olympics, 1 World Cup , most victoriest coach in the Bruins history, 582 wins in the seasons that's good for 18th all time and 63 wins in the playoffs and that's good for the 16th all time, 5 100 pts seasons. With this CV I think he does something good !

Reactions: monkza

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017

Julien is probably responsible for us wasting assets acquiring dinosaurs King and Ott at the trade deadline, he likes his 4th liners to be tough, which is why we traded away Mitchell. Mitchell in last year's playoffs would have been a lot more useful than King.

The only people that should keep their jobs are Timmins and Muller, the only thing working this year is the PP, which is what Muller is responsible for.

You are so lost its incredible
Let's forget the Stanley cup , Gold Medal , Jack adams , 10 years in the same team
Made Chara a great Def
Bergeron and Marchand praised Julien for what they become.
Also Chiarelly made tons of autistic mistakes while Julien was the coach before Chiarelli was fired , but i guess u dont see that.
They had to ''retool'' after all those mistakes of chiarelli and Julien had to pay for those last years.

btw Julien is not the 1 responsible for getting 4th liners. Are you that brainwashed by Bergevin? You think Julien asked for Streit , King , Martinsen , Benn , Morrow , Schemlko , Alzeimer and the list goes on.

Stop blaming everything on him , our management is the biggest joke in the league. stop bashing the only guy that dont needs bashing

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
I have to wonder at this point if any potential replacements will come from the RDS staff...:help:

Reactions: Runner77

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011

Give Boston coach Bruce Cassidy the 2017 -18 Habs team...

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
So are you telling me Julien did better with the Boston 2016/2017 than Cassidy did?

I am willing to bet with Cassidy as a coach, we would not be in 29th place.
Okay, lets pretend that our roster is not putrid for a second, would we be a playoff team with Cassidy? I highly doubt it. So I'd rather have a better draft pick than finish 9th or 10th.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
So are you telling me Julien did better with the Boston 2016/2017 than Cassidy did?

I am willing to bet with Cassidy as a coach, we would not be in 29th place.

yes, he would it's about the tank...when we was 6-7 pts out of playoffs, players was talking about how they decided(as a team) it was about next season....sooooo soon as i heard that, i knew tank was on...

give Bruce this team with No Weber , the AHL Defense core, and No Price for a stretch.....No number 1 center....the team is /was built a lemon.....AHL caliber at best ...

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

I would say adding McAvoy, Debrusk and Heinen also helped this team looking different.

Either way, as long as the Habs are forced to have a french coach, i'm okay with Julien as none of the french coaches available are any better and none of them have half the pedigree of Julien. I would have a very different opinion if we could hire anybody.

That's one thing that should happen this summer. Put someone in Laval who could eventually made the jump in the NHL as coach.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Well, I dunno if he is just simplifying and stating it as a conversation or if he worded it specifically but he says the assistants and in Laval. Could mean Muller will still stick around since he is an associate. I mean, our power play has been pretty awesome once Weber got injured ironically.

It could also mean Sly is still going to be around since his name wasn't mentioned.

"Dan Lacroix and the Laval video coach have been let go."

Reactions: sandviper

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad