Speculation: Brian Wilde just said assistants and Lefebvre gone

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Kirk better not get canned, sigh
why not ? I like Muller a ton, but with julien signed its a huge block in his chance to be a head coach. when we let gallant go we knew that he was in the same boat ( i.e unlikely to get the nod here) and he did just fine ( even after the boondoggle in fla)

Maybe muller is like the big bird and doesnt want another head coaching gig, but if he stays here the only thing he will ccomplish is being a convenient scape goat when things REALLY go south.

if you like a guy and think he's done a good job, why woud you want to punish them by forcing them to be second chair to MB and julien ?

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Until theres a major upgrade in talent on this team and throughout the organization as a whole...

I couldn't careless who coaches the AHL team or who CJ's assistants are.

That being said...I hope Lefebvre/Bergevin family gatherings will be civil this summer lol

Reactions: Runner77

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I never really got the "associate" coach title Muller has.

What's different about his role ? Officially, that is.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Any of Julien's former assistants currently out of work? If the current assistants are fired will Julien be allowed to even pick his own people or will the supreme leader, who seems to want to control everything, have too much say and have to okay Julien's choices first.

Vachon23

Oct 14, 2015
Victoriaville
Any of Julien's former assistants currently out of work? If the current assistants are fired will Julien be allowed to even pick his own people or will the supreme leader, who seems to want to control everything, have too much say and have to okay Julien's choices first.

no

Geoff Ward = Devils
Doug Jarvis = Canucks
Doug Houda = Detroit

would love him as an assistant . but wont happen

To replace Dan Lacroix Yess I think he could be a good hire

Reactions: sheed36

Laurentide

Mar 24, 2018
Edmonton, Alberta
I never really got the "associate" coach title Muller has.

What's different about his role ? Officially, that is.
I know that in this case Julien inherited his coaching staff but usually a coach gets hired and then is given a free hand to hire his assistants. Assistant coaches therefore report to the head coach.

An associate coach like Muller is usually hired by the GM rather than by the coach and like the head coach he reports to the GM, not to the coach. An assistant like JJ can't go to Bergevin directly. He has to go through Julien. But Muller can go to Bergevin any time he wants without asking Julien's permission to do so. He isn't Julien's employee the way JJ is.

Reactions: Runner77

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Until theres a major upgrade in talent on this team and throughout the organization as a whole...

I couldn't careless who coaches the AHL team or who CJ's assistants are.

That being said...I hope Lefebvre/Bergevin family gatherings will be civil this summer lol

We’re not loaded with talent but a good coach can maybe get more out of players. SL can’t do that so I just don’t see his value.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Half-ass job

I'll believe it when I see it. Wilde has had his share of misfires.

If true, it signals a new strategy. The Captain Obvious Low Hanging Fruit Moves of Minimal Impact.

Hey, can't blame MB -- he needs content for the season-end presser. He can only use "it's on me" and "regulillaité" so many times.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
personally, I thinks that is more fore the contract $$ then anything like Dudley is VP of hockey operation and Timmins Assistant GM

Yeah, I verified and that's pretty much it.

An associate coach is kind of like one stripe more than a regular assistant coach, but he's basically an assistant coach who gets a better salary, is higher on the food chain (but still lower than the coach) and would be the interim coach were the HC fired.

tldr: Muller as associate = more money for Bergevin's friends.

Reactions: Vachon23

SquiddFX

#Seanski
Dec 16, 2013
Montreal
Ok.

I'm of the opinion that the AHL staff should have been replaced last summer before they moved the team to Laval.

As for the NHL staff, I'm honestly surprised CJ wasn't able to bring in his own crew last summer. You replace the HC but force him to stick with the previous regime. Doesn't make sense.

Reactions: Vachon23

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
On a TV hit, he said at Bergevin's Monday presser it's expected the assistant coaches and AHL coaches will be axed.

Awesome news if so.

"The axe is going to fall, I think, on assistant coaches. And in Laval."

He's not announcing anything, he's just giving his opinion. The operative words, "I think", indicate that he's connecting dots, obvious ones that anyone here could have attempted in front of a camera on an obscure early morning show with a limited audience and using the cheap, tired trick of slipping it in the closing seconds of a segment where he's mostly produced hot air.

Wilde has picked up on the same fake puffery and self-aggrandizement as his good website buddy, Mr. Congeniality Scouting Expert of the Universe:

Really? "Wait for the boom?" Sounds like something from the Tony Marinaro School of Propaganda. Actually, this is even worse than Marinaro's "I've got a scoop" -- it's completely his opinion. Of course, he may be right, but that's the beauty of making predictions based on the weakest links.

Hey Brian, let me know when you break something that involves a big fish and where you don't have to use caveats.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad