Speculation: Brian Wilde just said assistants and Lefebvre gone

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Too bad it's not a legit source, don't know who Wilde is other then hearing his name around here but until it's official, I got to assume Lefebvre is back since it would continue to be one of the worst things that management has done.

Fenwick McCorsi

Not impress.
Mar 3, 2013
Montreal, QC
Is there a rule against being a GM of two teams but in different sports? If so, I'd like to see if we can't hire Danny Ainge to GM the Habs on the side. Think about it: he has a vision, puts together really good teams, has the balls to make big moves that actually make sense, hires the best people to run his bench, hoards assets and drafts really well. Hell this year the Celtics have been undermanned since day 1 and it's only got worse, and they have the #2 seed in the east to show for it. He would have to be an upgrade even if he just worked a couple afternoons a week with a translator!

I wonder who MB will compare us to in this year's end of season presser? Anaheim was dead half the season but made it in so he won't compare the Habs to them. Who is going to miss the playoffs by a few points due to injury? Hmmm. Maybe Dallas doesn't make it and he'll ask the media to clap for his not re-signing Radulov as he clearly can't carry a team... God I hate our GM.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Sure. But it's a recurring theme with this organization to let things degenerate to a critical, way past-due point to do something that everyone saw as an inevitable conclusion. It doesn't mean the organization is learning or woke up.
Never said it did. I been one of the most vocal critics of Bergevin, have said he is in way over his head for the past 4 years. Can't change the past though, this would be a good first step.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
This is what he thinks, he didn't even say that it's going to happen(even though he would still be a terrible source).

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
DM8-IQpW4AA2b_v.jpg

Love that one, a classic by Blou. The frown and pink jacket are just perfect. :laugh:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He's usually bringing himself to tears about concussions as if anyone but him actually cares. I know that people should care about the issue but the fact of the matter is that people don't care unless or until it impacts them or someone they care about. It's the same reason why fans usually side with the league over the so-called "greedy" players during a work stoppage. Their livelihoods don't depend on a player's salary so they don't care if the owners screw them as long as the games get played. At the end of the day we fans want to see players play. We care about the uniforms than the people wearing them.

Wilde never understood how the vast majority of fans think. He wrings his hands every time someone takes a head shot but fans just like watching guys get blown up. He also fails to understand why players continue to take risks with their own health. It's simple for the rest of us to understand. They get well paid to take these risks and wouldn't do anything differently if given another chance. Players know that if they couldn't play hockey they'd be earning minimum wage pumping gas for a living. They will always trade future quality of life for a big payday in the short term.

Wilde doesn't so much expect people to care as much as he practically demands that we do. Just like he demands that we see things his way or he'll block us from his twitter feed and label us as "haters". He's far too fragile to work in the media, if you ask me.

Yeah, Wilde is volatile and can turn his hate on you, on a dime. As far as the players go, there is also a hockey culture that encourages the superhero behavior that gets players in trouble, once they're out of hockey. The "attaboy" thing, pat on the back from teammates when a player who just got plastered or suffers a major injury, comes back to a game, often times when he's no longer needed or the game's outcome is a foregone conclusion whether or not he returns to it.

That's the caveman culture that needs to be eradicated. If you've just been concussed and you're sent to a dark room, don't try to come back and pretend all is good. You've been concussed -- any further posturing just has the potential of stealing away big chunks of your quality of life once you're out of the game. Players may be more and more college and university educated but for some reason, the superhero culture doesn't seem to have abated all that much.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
Nah, he posts enough that it's fun to get familiar with his language and get in on his humour, and it's also fun to guess if he's joking or not.

Anyway, despite your new and positive contributions here a newbie like you shouldn't be telling people how to post. :sarcasm:

Yeah, as an old poster would say, GTFO NOOB.

Reactions: McTusk

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
This is what he thinks, he didn't even say that it's going to happen(even though he would still be a terrible source).

That's correct. I have reservations about how he does it, throwing it at the end of his interview, like an after-thought -- cause that's exactly what it is.

Also, even if the thread title is using a speculation icon, it should have included a word to qualify it as a personal opinion, as in "Wilde believes assistant coaches and Lefebvre gone."

If there is a Mod here who has seen the video and read through the thread, I'd suggest the title be amended to reflect what in fact Wilde has said. He never stated his dropping to be a fact.

Reactions: The Great Schlemko

HabsWhiteKnightLOL

Apr 29, 2017
Somewhere on earth in a hospital
If he is chained by Bergevin, why is he accepting the situation, is it because he gets his pay cheque?He has no integrity then.

He probably didnt know before the season started. Im probably sure he talked to Geoff Molson about Bergevin being a master puppet. Even Molson is starting to be mad at him (from his last press conference)

Probably sure Julien will have his coaching staff for next season. Goodbye all the staff except Stephane Waite.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Getting a new AHL coach was a must about 4 seasons ago. Hopefully we can get someone in there that actually has a clue. Other than the AHL move, none of these firings will make a lick of difference next season.

Unless there is a massive turnaround this summer, the team is going to suck again.
Larry Carriere also needs to be sent packing as GM of Laval

Reactions: mariolemieux66

Grate n Colorful Oz

Here for Hutson's monster thighs
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
Yeah, Wilde is volatile and can turn his hate on you, on a dime. As far as the players go, there is also a hockey culture that encourages the superhero behavior that gets players in trouble, once they're out of hockey. The "attaboy" thing, pat on the back from teammates when a player who just got plastered or suffers a major injury, comes back to a game, often times when he's no longer needed or the game's outcome is a foregone conclusion whether or not he returns to it.

That's the caveman culture that needs to be eradicated. If you've just been concussed and you're sent to a dark room, don't try to come back and pretend all is good. You've been concussed -- any further posturing just has the potential of stealing away big chunks of your quality of life once you're out of the game. Players may be more and more college and university educated but for some reason, the superhero culture doesn't seem to have abated all that much.

Men don't get hurt and never cry.

The stay stoic and dont complain even if they get their balls and junk ripped off.

Last edited:
Reactions: Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
About time. We have good kids coming up in the next 2-3 years no reason to keep a bad coach in place.

About time? Are you sure you want to trust Wilde's opinion about what he'd like to happen?

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
I think the assistants gone was a given, ive never SEEN someone so fired as JJ daingault, but itd be great too shake up the AHL staff, enough is enough

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
Is Muller in charge of the PP? Cause the PP is actually doing relatively well we are 12th in the league.

Muller was good with the pp in his first stint as assisstant coach. But this year, Pacioretty on the half wall for half a season? Galchenyuk not on the half wall and not on the 1st unit?

On the other hand we would probably top 5 in the league if Galchenyuk had been playing on the right half wall and Pacioretty in the high slot from day 1. That means aside from this horrible decision and how long it took him to correct it, he must be doing something right.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
About time? Are you sure you want to trust Wilde's opinion about what he'd like to happen?

Pretty clear this hack is picking something that’s likely to happen to get hits and also build on his weak reputation if he does end up being right. Like many in this thread have said, I’ll believe it when I see it.

Reactions: Runner77

habsfan909

Feb 20, 2018
Bergevin has no choice but to do this. He HAS to place blame somewhere or else it falls on him. So first he fires everyone. Then all that's left to blame is Julien. And then it'll be Bargain Bin who is last to go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad