Value of: Brendan Gallagher

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
So habs fans magically know their players value better then anyone else and other teams players value because apparently YOU KNOW that this is a fair trade. Hard eye roll dude. You are so cringe its causing me pain. Dont @ me again unless you are going to bring intelligent conversation. until then just keep being a joke in silent. leave me out of it.
You started the crap. post 23. But since you seem to think your some kind of genius or know it all please tell us what he's worth because we all need a good laugh especially at your expense.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Drake1588

UNATCO
Sponsor
Jul 2, 2002
Northern Virginia
I think that plenty of teams would trade a good deal to get Gallagher, primarily futures if that's what Montreal really wanted, though I seriously doubt that the Habs' brain trust shares the OP's belief that the team needs to rebuild or restock the cupboard.

Notwithstanding the divisional quirks brought on by the pandemic, and the realities of trying to compete in a stacked Atlantic Division for the next few years, Montreal just made the Cup Final. They aren't going to sell off assets in their prime signed to reasonable contracts. This is true even if there is a reasonable chance that the Habs miss the playoffs this season, looking up at Tampa, Toronto, Boston and Florida.

dukeofjive

Jul 7, 2013
whistler b.c
I love gally, he is a true warrior, such a pest and he never takes a shift off, but the issue is hes older, the refs pretty much let the other teams D cross check him in the face with no calls, and by the time the playoffs are on he is broken down and cant play is best hockey.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
Run along. Your late 1st would be laughed at.

Ahh yes, the age old tradition of responding to a post from over a year ago with a complete different contract and ignoring half of the post anyway.

Great, so glad you came here to provide your amazing insight to current posts. What an amazing contributor to this website and community.

Toene

Y'en aura pas de facile
Nov 17, 2014
I like Gallagher, but I think he won't be worth his contract as soon as next year. Injuries and limited skillset, plus he's mediocre in the playoffs since he already goes all out in regular season games, so he can't really step it up in the post-season.
I wouldn't necessarily take a big cap dump for him, but if we were offered a 5th or a 6th round pick for him straight-up, I'd accept that deal in a heartbeat. Hell, a 7th to dodge that meh contract and I'd probably do it. So most probably other teams wouldn't. But some GMs like character and meat and potato traits

Reactions: DANTHEMAN1967

TT1

May 31, 2013
Montreal
I love Gally but i'd move him if it improved our d-core. Someone on the same tier as H. Lindholm for example. Futures would be fine if a good D prospect is coming back too.

Last edited:
Reactions: smirob

ole ole

Oct 7, 2017
Ahh yes, the age old tradition of responding to a post from over a year ago with a complete different contract and ignoring half of the post anyway.

Great, so glad you came here to provide your amazing insight to current posts. What an amazing contributor to this website and community.
The post was reopened by someone else. I was just stating what most already know. If you really think a late 1st would get Gallagher at this moment in time than maybe you should move to a different sport to watch because it shows you have lack of the game and it's players or just trolling. You can let us know which one it is.

Taytro

Oct 22, 2014
Ottawa, Ontario
The post was reopened by someone else. I was just stating what most already know. If you really think a late 1st would get Gallagher at this moment in time than maybe you should move to a different sport to watch because it shows you have lack of the game and it's players or just trolling. You can let us know which one it is.

No one said that I think we would get Gallagher for a 1st after he just signed a big deal. I didn't even say he would go for a 1st last year, i said that's all I'd give up for him.

I have no idea why you felt the need to go to multiple posts from over a year ago and call them out for bad value on a guy who would have been a rental when the comments were made and is now in a completely different contract situation.

You say people are trolling because they made a comment, over a year ago, on a player who was in a completely different situation? Get real man.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Top 5v5 goals/60 in the NHL over the last 3 years:

1. Auston Matthews
2. Brenden Gallagher

Really underrated player thats been hobbled by injury issues and so his stock is below what it should be.

Oh he's been incredibly underrated for years.

The problem is, even for the people that believe that and recognize how great Gallagher has been, there's little faith that he's going to be worth his contract. He was hobbled last year and he probably will be again. I don't think there would be a market for him if the Habs wanted to move him.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
The nemesis of Ghally was that evil Weber and his cannon. Given that other then Petry, no one else has as hard a shot, that should be some relief for his wrists health.

Gally is 28 and probably good until early 30s. He already changed his game a bit and I suspect he's working on his release so as to be effective without as much punishment.

General Fanager

Feb 2, 2010
Chambly, Qc
What he is actually worth and what hab fans think he is worth is so silly.

So habs fans magically know their players value better then anyone else and other teams players value because apparently YOU KNOW that this is a fair trade. Hard eye roll dude. You are so cringe its causing me pain. Dont @ me again unless you are going to bring intelligent conversation. until then just keep being a joke in silent. leave me out of it.

Bro you came into this thread insulting Hab fans and now you are offended when they respond?

THAT seems silly.....

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
He's not worth $6.5M IMO. Probably about $0.5M overpaid. I think the Atkinson contract was a fair comparison. $5.875M for 7 years and he signed that deal around the same age as Gallagher.

Regardless, Gallagher value is his work ethic/energy and that helps create culture on your hockey team. He's going to be our next captain. If the Habs were to trade Gallagher now and expect value, we would need to retain down to $5M - $5.5M and then teams would start knocking on the door. Probably becomes another Patch trade train and takes a while to find the right fit for both the Habs and his new team.

Signed from age 29-34 and overpaid by about $0.5M. Not ideal but certainly not a negative that some will try to deflate it too. His game is not built on skating so I would not be that concern. The ones you need to worry about at 30-35 range is the guys who had elite level skating or above average skating in their 20's and start to loose it in in their 30+ years (Gomez types).

Clatartar

Dec 28, 2014
He’d look amazing next to Sid and Guentzel but even at the deadline when Montreal is out, he’ll be too expensive to acquire.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
He’d look amazing next to Sid and Guentzel but even at the deadline when Montreal is out, he’ll be too expensive to acquire.

Gallagher don't have the vision to play with a skilled center. His bull dog and shoot from all angles style is why he worked so well with Danault. Gallagher is valuable but he belongs with a 200' center who skates well but also has limited with skill. There is nothing about Gallagher's game that is elite other than his work ethic/energy he brings to every single shift. He does have a decent shot though. I have him paired up with Lehkonen and Evans heading into this year (Habs new shutdown line)

He's a middle 2RW type and if you put him with skilled guys, he will annoy them by shooting it from all angles. A character guy that can bring experience/leadership.

His value? He didn't even start his new contract yet. Horrible time to talk about player values IMO.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Love the guy,hate having our defense having to pull him off our goaltender after every shift...For a contender he would be a great grab

Clatartar

Dec 28, 2014
Gallagher don't have the vision to play with a skilled center. His bull dog and shoot from all angles style is why he worked so well with Danault. Gallagher is valuable but he belongs with a 200' center who skates well but also has limited with skill. There is nothing about Gallagher's game that is elite other than his work ethic/energy he brings to every single shift. He does have a decent shot though. I have him paired up with Lehkonen and Evans heading into this year (Habs new shutdown line)

He's a middle 2RW type and if you put him with skilled guys, he will annoy them by shooting it from all angles. A character guy that can bring experience/leadership.

His value? He didn't even start his new contract yet. Horrible time to talk about player values IMO.

He’s essentially a more skilled Hornqvist which is exactly what Sid and Guentz need…

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
He’s essentially a more skilled Hornqvist which is exactly what Sid and Guentz need…

I don't agree Gallagher is a more skilled version of Hornqvist. I value Gallagher but skill is not his game. He don't have horrible skill either though.

Gallagher's value is 200' game. Bull dog style with his head down and he don't have great vision because of it. Shoots from all angles and don't take a shift off. The best fit for Gallagher is with a center like Danault (200' type who skates well) and you let him do his thing. Crosby would get annoyed with Gallagher cause he would be shooting too much where Crosby likes to have chemistry with his wingers.

Not a horrible idea but I feel you don't know Gallagher's game entirely

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Yep,gives EDM some much needed sandpaper on a potential 2nd line ...Gaining Hyman was good but they really need more

Hyman has a good motor and works just as hard as Gallagher. Might not go to the net like Gallagher but he's going to free up space for his other line mates. Leafs lost a good piece there.

Oilers made some interesting moves and for every move, I was left wondering... how much cap space do they have man! lol. They had more than I thought they had heading into this off season.

Habs fan but for as much as other teams hate us, I still cheer for all Canadian teams to do well. Hope the Oilers have a good year. Would be good for the NHL

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Hyman has a good motor and works just as hard as Gallagher. Might not go to the net like Gallagher but he's going to free up space for his other line mates. Leafs lost a good piece there.
Agreed,watching Connor Brown here in Ottawa I really dont think Dubas doesnt know how to build a team,he just seems to try and collect skill...

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Agreed,watching Connor Brown here in Ottawa I really dont think Dubas doesnt know how to build a team,he just seems to try and collect skill...

I think Dubas's best two moves are Muzzin and Brodie. That's it. He's traded away too much futures and he gave away contracts that created his cap hell. Covid flat cap derailed his plans of making improvements with cap growth

Lou would have the Leafs in a better spot today. I have full confidence in that. Not a Leafs hater either. Just feel for their fan base cause they are trying to support their GM who is a kid learning on the job at the most important time in franchise history. Same kind of support Babcock got before they turned on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad