Value of: Brendan Gallagher

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I think Dubas's best two moves are Muzzin and Brodie. That's it. He's traded away too much futures and he gave away contracts that created his cap hell. Covid flat cap derailed his plans of making improvements with cap growth
Just too imbalanced with his cap,take Montreal for instance...Yes they are at the cap but they can also roll 4 decent lines and 4 competent defenders and a good goaltending tandem..The NYI are like the Habs as well with a full balanced lineup ...

You cant win in cap era with everything loaded at one core position..Like the Leafs are

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Just too imbalanced with his cap,take Montreal for instance...Yes they are at the cap but they can also roll 4 decent lines and 4 competent defenders and a good goaltending tandem..The NYI are like the Habs as well with a full balanced lineup ...

You cant win in cap era with everything loaded at one core position..Like the Leafs are

Habs are mocking our style after the Islanders. Might not be as consistent as them but we are also behind on when we started to be able to roll lines like that with the right pieces in place. We also have puck possession issues that the Islanders don't have. We will see how the Habs do with our roster turnover.

It could change for the Habs though. Suzuki, Romanov, and Caufield contracts are coming and all 3 should have high usage this year. My plan on cap structure was to use Weber's cap hit for raises to the kids. However, Bergevin spend Weber's cap already. At some point, he has to make a trade and it might start when Byron is healthy. I believe we are over the cap when Byron comes back.

Habs are not the model for cap structure but we are also not suppose to be a top 10 contender either. Dubas has not improved the team during Matthews's current contract and he has what? 3 years left? Same 3 years where we have more flat cap growth. It's a problem!

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Habs are mocking our style after the Islanders. Might not be as consistent as them but we are also behind on when we started to be able to roll lines like that with the right pieces in place. We also have puck possession issues that the Islanders don't have. We will see how the Habs do with our roster turnover.

It could change for the Habs though. Suzuki, Romanov, and Caufield contracts are coming and all 3 should have high usage this year. My plan on cap structure was to use Weber's cap hit for raises to the kids. However, Bergevin spend Weber's cap already. At some point, he has to make a trade and it might start when Byron is healthy. I believe we are over the cap when Byron comes back.

Habs are not the model for cap structure but we are also not suppose to be a top 10 contender either. Dubas has not improved the team during Matthews's current contract and he has what? 3 years left? Same 3 years where we have more flat cap growth. It's a problem!
Yep I watch our team in Ottawa being built along the same lines,deep blend of players on 4 lines at forward ..With a blend of skill along with some size on the defense...You cant just get guys that only score and say you have the best team,Dubas needs to learn this

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Boondock

Feb 6, 2009
Generally speaking habs fans watch the most habs game, logic right?
Considering this, I think it would be normal to think they have the most accurate assessment of the players they watch most...
Gallagher is still a very good forward right now, he was injured in the playoffs and given defensive assignments.
It is expected he won't be as good for the entirety of his contract, but we'll cross the bridge when we get there.
And when we do, there might be multiple options including the magical LTIR...
Generally speaking Habs fans watch the most habs games, logic right? Considering this, could Habs fans be so emotionally invested in their team as fans they may not be able to have an unbiased opinion or evaluation of their own players...

As a person that has watched Gallagher since junior (in person I mean), I love Gally and everything that he does, he plays the game the "right" way. He is the type of player you want other kids to strive to emulate. Amazing work ethic, toughness, mind for the game, determination, etc, etc. But from an acquiring team point of view he is an undersized player that plays with total recklessness, injuries are a real possibility moving forward. He is 29, an age where most players start to see a drop in their production (30ish seems to be that time frame). He is signed until he is 35 at a top 6 winger cap hit and has NMC and M-NTC for the entirety of the contract and he has year 3 and 4 of the deal which see him making $8 and $9 million in real salary. So there are a lot of reasons for other teams that are more objective might not see the same value for Gallagher as a lot of Habs fans.

Reactions: teddygmr and bukwas

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
Generally speaking Habs fans watch the most habs games, logic right? Considering this, could Habs fans be so emotionally invested in their team as fans they may not be able to have an unbiased opinion or evaluation of their own players...

As a person that has watched Gallagher since junior (in person I mean), I love Gally and everything that he does, he plays the game the "right" way. He is the type of player you want other kids to strive to emulate. Amazing work ethic, toughness, mind for the game, determination, etc, etc. But from an acquiring team point of view he is an undersized player that plays with total recklessness, injuries are a real possibility moving forward. He is 29, an age where most players start to see a drop in their production (30ish seems to be that time frame). He is signed until he is 35 at a top 6 winger cap hit and has NMC and M-NTC for the entirety of the contract and he has year 3 and 4 of the deal which see him making $8 and $9 million in real salary. So there are a lot of reasons for other teams that are more objective might not see the same value for Gallagher as a lot of Habs fans.
I was responding to some posters who were talking about Gallagher as a player who already had a massive decline, mostly using his recent playoffs stats.
Gallagher is not for sale anyway, there's a reason the team gave him the full NMC for the full duration.
He'll most likely end up on LTIR near the end of his contract unless there's a change in the CBA.
Quite clearly a lot of fans are very biased, but I think it's very possible to make an objective analysis.
Anyway, I'll take that over someone who just went on hockeydb to form his/her opinion.

Erndog

Jul 17, 2007
I came to see about Gallaghers value and I see a discussion on the Leafs cap situation.

Holy hell never change HF

Reactions: BLONG7
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad