Player Discussion: Brayden Point - Part 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

dbieon12

Vinik-Brisebois-Cooper
Jul 22, 2010
Has Point eclipsed Stamkos in franchise importance? Cumulative contribution thus far in their careers? Seems Stamkos wasted a few years [stat padding but never driving the team toward cups].

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Has Point eclipsed Stamkos in franchise importance? Cumulative contribution thus far in their careers? Seems Stamkos wasted a few years [stat padding but never driving the team toward cups].
I think its been known for a little while now that Stamkos isn't this teams best or most important piece of the core.

Hedman
Vasy
Kuch
Point
McDonagh

All more important roles and drive the team.

That said Stamkos is still part of the main core, can still be deadly on the PP. I think he's actually done QUOTE well these playoffs. The faster north-south hockey against FLA ans CAR fit his style. Not so much against the Idlanders though, hense why he's look invisible

14 points (9 on he PP) in 14 games

Reactions: Hoek

Bolt32

Aug 24, 2004
Palm Harbor, FL

Most Franchise level players dominate the game physically. They are just better athletes out there. They may think the game a step or two ahead of most and that certainly helps, they just have that extra edge physically usually speed. Stamkos is no difference to that rule and category. Those injuries that he has had clearly affected that portion of his game, so yes his play has went down. Meanwhile we have the new kid on the block in Point who is dominating the same way. (Speed. AKA physically.) That hasn't been hampered by said injuries. It should be of no surprise why it seems like Point has Eclipsed him. Because he has.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
IMO that happened last year in the playoffs. Maybe not all-time, but definitely currently. Stamkos has been great in the regular season lately, but we've still never seen him really shine in the playoffs. And we're way past the point where the regular season matters to us.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Wouldn’t shock me if after the playoffs they reveal Stamkos was/is still injured. At this point he’s stitched and held together by a combination of duck tape and will, takes faceoffs, poses a threat on the PP and presumably gives the occasional inspiring speech in the locker room and that’s about it. I bet if this was still the reg he’d be out.

Last edited:

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
Man. I know Trotz is easily one of the best coaches in the league...but he's been whining like a b**** lately.

he knows he doesn’t have the roster talent to match tampa! For the islanders to win they have to play a perfect system game every night.

AlmostThere242

Nov 16, 2014
Man. I know Trotz is easily one of the best coaches in the league...but he's been whining like a b**** lately.

trotz.jpg
7j7DHzx

Last edited:

NatoGhost

Jun 27, 2013
Such a gamer. Just raises his play when it matters most. Having Kuch back helps give him room and create offense of course but Point is just as clutch as they come.

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
IMO that happened last year in the playoffs. Maybe not all-time, but definitely currently. Stamkos has been great in the regular season lately, but we've still never seen him really shine in the playoffs. And we're way past the point where the regular season matters to us.
No doubt IMO that Point eclipsed Stammer in all-time franchise importance. He led us to a Stanley Cup and he's currently leading us for another deep run.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
We're seeing something special here boys. We go back to back (God willing) and Point keeps balling out like this, they'll one day be talking about us like we do about those incredible Avs/Wings teams of the 90's. Hockey fans will have a drink somewhere. One will say "Alright it's 4 minutes left. Down a goal. Who do you want on the ice? Pick anyone from the last 20 years." One jokingly asks if it's game 7 and he's taking Justin Williams. They all laugh but the answer is no. Then Point is gonna be an answer by one of them and they're all gonna say "Oh man POINT! That guy was savage under pressure"

Reactions: Coopers Gum

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
No doubt IMO that Point eclipsed Stammer in all-time franchise importance. He led us to a Stanley Cup and he's currently leading us for another deep run.

He's quickly forming a league of his own in Lightning lore.

My trademark Kucherov memory was his buzzer beater vs the NYI and his game 1 return, Lecavalier was the OT winner vs Montreal and Washington 2010. St. Louis was the double OT winner vs Calgary.

Points got the 5 OT winner, the CBJ series winner, the Cup winning goal, singlehandedly murdered the Panthers.

I don't think I have a single memorable Stamkos playoff moment except for scoring in a minute of ice time

Reactions: Stammertime91

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
He's quickly forming a league of his own in Lightning lore.

My trademark Kucherov memory was his buzzer beater vs the NYI and his game 1 return, Lecavalier was the OT winner vs Montreal and Washington 2010. St. Louis was the double OT winner vs Calgary.

Points got the 5 OT winner, the CBJ series winner, the Cup winning goal, singlehandedly murdered the Panthers.

I don't think I have a single memorable Stamkos playoff moment except for scoring in a minute of ice time
Stamkos gaol against Dallas and Point 5OT are LEGENDARY Lighting moments in history and two of my favourite lightning moments

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
I love how we have this young elite talent and everyone is saying how he's gone and we won't be able to resign him and he'll demand 11 million, like LOL

We already knew we were gonna pay this kid whatever he wanted and he's going nowhere. Besides Heddy, this kid is our future captain

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad