Player Discussion: Brayden Point - Part 3

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
It's almost comical how clutch he is.

Is that 3 OT goals in his last 6 games against Columbus? LOL, Has he scored the winner in the LAST THREE OT GAMES vs. CBJ?? Or am I forgetting a playoff game that went to OT? There are CBJ players who will forever be visited in their nightmares by Brayden Point.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
I thought he had a rather poor game before that goal to be honest. Doing his best Kucherov impression sneezing points and all.

Reactions: The Macho King

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Yeah, he looks like he's on cruise control so far this year. Not too concerned though. He'll bump it up come playoff time.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
I thought he had a rather poor game before that goal to be honest. Doing his best Kucherov impression sneezing points and all.
Absolutely agree.

Stamkos looked fantastic again I thought. Point was forcing too many passes against a D that collapses the slot.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Absolutely agree.

Stamkos looked fantastic again I thought. Point was forcing too many passes against a D that collapses the slot.

I might be wrong because it was well over a year ago, but I'm PRETTTY SURE this Stamkos was our best forward out the gate last season as well.

He has been extremely consistent on a game to game basis since his bounce back season, everything is just clicking with him.

BowDownToVasilevskiy

Jun 30, 2013
Canada
I might be wrong because it was well over a year ago, but I'm PRETTTY SURE this Stamkos was our best forward out the gate last season as well.

He has been extremely consistent on a game to game basis since his bounce back season, everything is just clicking with him.
Yeah, he looks crazy good.

Ducati Boy

HF Original
Feb 7, 2018
I think I get Point's mentality: Several games back he was penetrating the opposition and creating with impunity but not getting rewarded with goals or assists. Snake-bitten -- and this really frustrates a guy like him. With Point, this always seems to lead to bouts of overthinking, rather than allowing his wonderful natural instincts to eventually result in points production. Right now he's even overthinking his overthinking.

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Would be on pace for 33 goals and 68 points in a normal season without Kuch. Not bad but we all know who stirs the drink.

Reactions: Outl4w

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Would be on pace for 33 goals and 68 points in a normal season without Kuch. Not bad but we all know who stirs the drink.
Thats the best part, guy is capable of producing without Stamkos or Kuch.

Obviously him and Kuch are dynamite together but its nice to see the true star play Point is

Reactions: Outl4w

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
He was doing much better early on but has just 10 points in his last 16 games. Hopefully, he turns things around soon.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
Insane stat:
Brayden Point pulled Tampa Bay even and potted the late winner on Sunday – he has now scored 70.8% of his career postseason goals in either game-tying or go-ahead fashion (17 of 24). That’s the second highest such percentage among active players with at least 20 playoff goals, behind Nicklas Backstrom (72.2%; 26 of 36)

NHL.com Media Site

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad