Brantford Bulldogs 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part One)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Smithsy

Oct 20, 2023
Brantford Bulldogs is a team that could surprise opponents in the play offs. Well coached team with a solid structure. Players buy into this program.
They have been coming on strong. I believe they are still missing Testa who was playing very well before injury, so his return will help also. They should be very strong in the second half and playoffs.

Reactions: bobber

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018
They have been coming on strong. I believe they are still missing Testa who was playing very well before injury, so his return will help also. They should be very strong in the second half and playoffs.

They are still missing Testa, which will help for sure.

To be a serious threat in the playoffs, they need to upgrade on D. Hamara has helped big time, but it still isn't good enough to contend.

Their PP needs to improve as well (Testa might help with that).

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018
We’ll have to wait and see but the hopes of Adam Jiricek coming this season may be out the window.

Definitely not, either way hopefully he's ok.

Didn't look good though.

The World Juniors haven't been kind to Bulldogs players from the Czech Republic.

Jan Jenik had his season ended there a few years back.

Hot take, but I believe that Jenik is the most dominant player that I've seen on the Bulldogs.

In that 2019/20 season he had 22 goals, 34 assists for 56 pts in only 27 games before the world juniors when he hurt his knee. He was a man among boys that season.

He had a point in every game except 1. I still remember that the last game before the tournament his point streak ended. He scored at the buzzer, but they didn't count it.

Last edited:

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018
Jiricek was listed in the boxcore today. Not sure if that means he played. Usually that would be the case. No stats recorded though.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
Not just the PP, but only 78% on the PK. They say those numbers should add to over 100 and you guys are sitting at 92.4% - you have to look way down the standings to the teams out of a playoff spot to find one worse at special teams. Wild.

Rattler

Sep 2, 2022
IMO, they need to figure out two things.
Overall defensive mentality in ALL players Forecheck, backcheck, at ALL times especially on PK. If you guarding zone (nobody) and not covering at least one player at ALL times, you causing team defensive breakdown.
Second is obviously PP.
Hoping they'll partially address both in trade deadline, and if coaching staff can get players to buy in, this Starship is taking off.

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018

It will be interesting to see where he slots in.

The forward group on this team is SOLID. I don't think Rebelo will see many games going forward.

With the emergence of Crombie as a very solid player they can have 4 good lines.

With the conference being so wide open it will be an interesting deadline. Adding a Dman is a top priority obviously and having an OA spot open is nice.

If they give up anything of substance, they need to get a player that helps next year and the year after as well because defence is DEFINITELY an issue next year.

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018
A team the Bulldogs should have their eye on is the Petes.

IF they start shopping Beck, I would start asking about Mayer.

There's a history of these 2 teams trading and Mayer is a dman that they need. He might help solve the PP issue as well.

nelli27

May 21, 2011
London, Ontario
Keep an eye on this prospect. I've only seen him play once, small sample size, but he was a standout, recorded a hattrick. Put the game out of mind until I saw this article on B. Long...

Remember this post from Nov. 3rd?
This kid is good... real good!

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018
The defense is looking like I thought it would today.

Just terrible.

If they don't turn it around 4 out of 6 pts is still very good.

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Overall a decent week without our top 2 D, but it was just a matter of time before we had a defensive breakdown.

Adam Jiricek is apparently done for the season, so that ship has sailed for now. Maybe next year but I still won’t get my hopes up. Ideally I’d like Ty Nelson but I’m sure some other teams would be willing to offer more to NB for him. Adding Gavin Hayes to upgrade RW depth would also be nice.

Reactions: Rounder8

HolyRoller

Feb 1, 2010
It will be interesting to see where he slots in.

The forward group on this team is SOLID. I don't think Rebelo will see many games going forward.

With the emergence of Crombie as a very solid player they can have 4 good lines.

With the conference being so wide open it will be an interesting deadline. Adding a Dman is a top priority obviously and having an OA spot open is nice.

If they give up anything of substance, they need to get a player that helps next year and the year after as well because defence is DEFINITELY an issue next year.
He wiĺl slot in back in JrB and be called up when needed. Expect him to be regular 4th/5th liner next fall.

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018
He wiĺl slot in back in JrB and be called up when needed. Expect him to be regular 4th/5th liner next fall.

Yeah, I saw them talk about him on Sundays broadcast.

He should have a good chance at making the team next season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad