Brantford Bulldogs 2023-24 Off-Season Thread (Part One)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jawk

Sep 29, 2021
I get that he is a rookie, and young, and turnovers have been a problem, BUT 88 needs to make a save. Starting to be an issue.

75 is the most careless player with the puck.

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018
I get that he is a rookie, and young, and turnovers have been a problem, BUT 88 needs to make a save. Starting to be an issue.

75 is the most careless player with the puck.

100% agree with both of these statements.

They are way to casual in their own end in general.

Jawk

Sep 29, 2021
100% agree with both of these statements.

They are way to casual in their own end in general.
Casual is the perfect description.

I'm looking at next year where they hope to compete, Ego has in no way given them confidence that he can be the guy. They may have to go and find someone.

Reactions: Rounder8

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018
Looked like Hamara was running PP1 today. That needs to be a permanent change.

Donovan is now at best 1 for 8 going for the empty net.lol

I wasn't expecting 50 goals from Adrian Rebelo, but 0 pts is definitely disappointing.

Last edited:

Jawk

Sep 29, 2021
Looked like Hamara was running PP1 today. That needs to be a permanent change.

Donovan is now at best 1 for 8 going for the empty net.lol

I wasn't expecting 50 goals from Adrian Rebelo, but 0 pts is definitely disappointing.
Hamara on PP1 started last game after the 2nd SHG against. Way better decision maker when all the pp is doing is trying to find space for Lardis.

Rebelo hasn't been great. On the positive side, Nelson has been great. Doing everything that has been needed.

HockeyPops

Aug 20, 2018
They are on the ohl website, just click on the gamecenter and there is a link on the top.

Hamilton Bulldogs

Jan 11, 2022
Jorian Donovan has been invited to the world jr camp.

If he makes the team, I believe he'd be the first player that the Bulldogs drafted that played for Team Canada at this tournament.

Helvigster

Jan 8, 2019
was about to say that Entwistle played on that Canada team that got eliminated early to Finland (I think it was?), but yeah congratulations to Jorian

Hamilton Bulldogs

Jan 11, 2022
Mackenzie Entwistle played.

I will be VERY surprised if he makes it, but congratulations to him.
Oh yeah good call. Forgot about that.

On a very unrelated note, I wonder why the bulldogs dropped the yellow from their pants, looked better than just plain black imo.

Rattler

Sep 2, 2022
This team seems to be placing themselves into buyer's position at trade deadline. Who would've thought after that start of regular season. Kudos to coaching and management staff weathering storm unhindered.

Hamilton Bulldogs

Jan 11, 2022
Good 3 game set vs two good teams. Hate to blow a lead like they did in Kitchener but Bulldogs have shown they can hang with the best of them this year.

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
This team seems to be placing themselves into buyer's position at trade deadline. Who would've thought after that start of regular season. Kudos to coaching and management staff weathering storm unhindered.
I’m not sure what to expect. The Hamara trade really helped the team without the Bulldogs having to trade a lot and now we’re #3 in the east.

An interesting possibility: does Adam Jiricek join the Bulldogs after the World Juniors? Hamara likes it here and both will likely be at the WJCs together. A few years ago the Bulldogs relied on Jan Jenik to convince Jan Mysak at the WJCs, which was a success. Coincidentally, all 4 of these players are from Czechia. I’m not too optimistic that Jiricek will commit. His brother David didn’t play in the CHL either and developed well. But it’s a possibility.

During the offseason and until the last couple weeks I thought the Bulldogs would sell a bit. Donovan would bring a decent return, and he’s likely gone to the AHL next season anyway.

Now the Bulldogs are playing well and are in an interesting spot. Sherk and Drobac graduate as OAs at the end of the year. Xhekaj, Donovan, and Hamara are all likely gone next season. That’s not easy to replace if they want to make a run next year.

Do the Bulldogs have a quiet deadline and run with the current roster? Or, do they try to make a big splash? I don’t know what we have for draft picks but O’Brien would have to be available to make a run. If Saginaw makes the OHL finals, the winner in the east automatically qualifies for the Memorial Cup.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad