Brantford Bulldogs 2022-23 Off-Season Thread (Part 1)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018
I'm on the visitors blueline on penalty box side. I think from your comments in the past you're on the opposite side.

My wife is so made at me.

Hockey wise, I don't see how North Bay doesn't tear this Barrie team apart, IF they work like the dogs did.

My picks to win were Sarnia and Barrie, but I'm not as sure after this series.

I was looking down at the players on the benches last night and I thought how is this even a series?

Hamilton did pretty much a complete selloff, had 16 and 17 year old Dmen playing forward because of injuries and somehow still made a series of it.

Barrie was the better team and game 5 and 6, but other than a few stretches Hamilton was far from outclassed.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
My picks to win were Sarnia and Barrie, but I'm not as sure after this series.

I was looking down at the players on the benches last night and I thought how is this even a series?

Hamilton did pretty much a complete selloff, had 16 and 17 year old Dmen playing forward because of injuries and somehow still made a series of it.

Barrie was the better team and game 5 and 6, but other than a few stretches Hamilton was far from outclassed.
Punnet (likely still not 100% ) & Jelsma missed four games, Cardwell & Vierling one each, and Clarke 1.5 (Colts lost both of those games); missing those important pieces would make it difficult for the colts to outclass a bulldogs team that I think beat all of the Battalion, Colts, Petes, & ‘67s (4-1 season series) post deadline.

Reactions: MeafAttack

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018
Punnet (likely still not 100% ) & Jelsma missed four games, Cardwell & Vierling one each, and Clarke 1.5 (Colts lost both of those games); missing those important pieces would make it difficult for the colts to outclass a bulldogs team that I think beat all of the Battalion, Colts, Petes, & ‘67s (4-1 season series) post deadline.

True, but a team with 10 20 yr olds and 3 OA should handle the youngest team in the league pretty easily when playoffs roll around. Remember that Hamiltons lone OA was also suspended for 2+ games and had only 1 goal in the series.

Hamilton only had 2 players with more than 17 goals this season.

Bujold, Wray and Testa aren't gamebreakers, but if they were playing Hamilton wouldn't have to basically play 3 lines.

This Hamilton team really overachieved post deadline and I thought that they would show their youth in the playoffs. They certainly did at times, but they seem to find a way to hang around in most games.

It bodes well for their future.

dirty12

Mar 6, 2015
True, but a team with 10 20 yr olds and 3 OA should handle the youngest team in the league pretty easily when playoffs roll around. Remember that Hamiltons lone OA was also suspended for 2+ games and had only 1 goal in the series.

Hamilton only had 2 players with more than 17 goals this season.

Bujold, Wray and Testa aren't gamebreakers, but if they were playing Hamilton wouldn't have to basically play 3 lines.

This Hamilton team really overachieved post deadline and I thought that they would show their youth in the playoffs. They certainly did at times, but they seem to find a way to hang around in most games.

It bodes well for their future.
Maybe most of bulldogs most valuable is a bit younger than a lot of teams. At least six threads claim to have the youngest team each year. Whenever I check, most of teams are separated by average a few months.

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018
Maybe most of bulldogs most valuable is a bit younger than a lot of teams. At least six threads claim to have the youngest team each year. Whenever I check, most of teams are separated by average a few months.
I'm confused, the chart that you showed has Hamilton as the least experienced and Barrie as the most experienced? Doesn't that confirm what I said?

No matter which metric you're using, the experience of the 2 teams is not close.

There is also no denying that one is in a rebuild and one isn't.

It isn't outrageous to think the result could be one sided.

Congratulations to Logan Morrison! Extremely well deserved

This is awesome news! Good for him!

Jawk

Sep 29, 2021
I haven’t seen a player sacrifice their ankles so much in the OHL and he was an absolute warrior Hardly missed time after blocking some very painful shots.
I really thought we would see more development in his offensive game, but he was fearless when it came to getting in shooting lanes.

Very interested to see what they do with 2 open import slots next year.

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018
I really thought we would see more development in his offensive game, but he was fearless when it came to getting in shooting lanes.

We saw it more in the playoffs, but I agree with you.

Imo he was a better option than Donovan on the PP. Against Barrie he would often dump the puck in and then retrieve it himself.

He also has a very hard shot. I just think that he played so much with regular shifts and PK that they saw the PP as a chance to rest him a bit.

Last edited:

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario

It certainly seems like there’s a lot of potential with the offensive side. I don’t know if it was a matter of Bulldogs coaches holding him back for whatever reason or his confidence, but he definitely showed took more offensive opportunities and showed flashes later in the year. It wouldn’t have surprised me if he could have had a great point shot. Hopefully Texas taps into the offensive part of his game. On the plus side, Dallas has done well helping developing dmen.

Speaking of which, I haven’t noticed as much recently, but for a while Van Vleet was gaining confidence and skating the puck into the offensive end and shooting. With Grush gone, I’d imagine he will take on a larger role.

Reactions: Rounder8

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018
Next year, their only OA are Sherk, Gill-Shane and Drobac.

I wouldn't be surprised if they look to deal Mateo at some point.

They could upgrade the team pretty cheaply with adding 1 or 2 OA and depending on what happens in the import draft.

Their losses are big ones with Panwar and Grushnikov gone, but this team won't be as bad as I thought they would be next year.

Reactions: Canadian Game

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
When was the event announced? It's possible that the promoter and the arena haven't officially cancelled the event yet.

Now if it was recently scheduled however...
Just announced today

sbpointer

Sep 15, 2014
Budweiser Gardens

This right here is all you need to know about why the Bulldogs are Brantford's team now.
The City of Hamilton bungled the relationship with a good OHL owner big time and unfortunately Hamilton hockey fans will be paying the price..
I wouldn't fault Andelaur one bit for not going back to that situation..

Reactions: rangersblues
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad