Brantford Bulldogs 2022-23 Off-Season Thread (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canadian Finn

Oskee Wee Wee
Feb 21, 2014
The Hammer
well, I guess we see if we can do a bit better at home this evening.

something tells me this'll be the second to last game I watch at Copps (or whatever it's called these days).

Reactions: Rounder8

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018
Barrie is the better team. Not much doubt about that.

We picked a bad time to run into injuries though.

Last night Roberts/O'Keefe/Cheynowski was our 4th line.

Reactions: Canadian Game

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018
Wow, what a gutsy effort tonight. Basically played with 2 lines in the third period.

Grush had his best game of the year before he scored the 2 empty netters. He was an absolute force tonight.

Not sure how the hell they pulled that off with that lineup (10 players in the upper bowl watching), but they did.

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018
That lineup has no business winning anything, absolutely a gutsy performance.

Sherk and Grushnikov were leaders and warriors that game.

When people call for teams to throw in the towel and say that there is no value in playing 4 or 5 playoff games, this is why they are wrong.

Some of these young players just found out what it takes to grind out a win in the playoffs.

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
That game was impressive. The win and the crowd. The energy from the crowd last night made the game feel like it was round 2 or 3, rather than being down 2-0 in the first round.

A great effort from the Bulldogs last night. It seemed like Barrie had the puck in our end more than we had it in theirs, but in addition to the Bulldogs 28 shots on goal, the guys also created some high quality scoring chances near the net but couldn’t finish. There were some plays we’ve seen many times before but not as much of since the trade deadline.

Clarke’s boneheaded move cost the Colts, which their PP didn’t look the same afterward. I’d imagine he will be suspended but the Colts will buy it out and he won’t miss any games. Also seeing Savard instigate on Xhekaj earlier and getting demolished was golden.

Finally, congrats to Grushnikov! After scoring earlier in the game, it was interesting seeing him take on a more offensive role with confidence in the third period as he was handling the puck deep in the Colts’ end a few times, which is highly unusual of him. He guy was on fire last night and had the biggest smile on his face after getting the hatty. That in itself was a cool moment to see.

Reactions: Rounder8

Jawk

Sep 29, 2021
Doesn't look like anything additional for Xhekaj, 1 game for Clarke.

I thought Clarke should have gotten 2. Made no attempt at the puck and very obviously throws his leg out. Fortunately for Sherk there was no injury, and that's probably what led to just 1 game.

Really have to take advantage of him being out, but it shouldn't make a difference for Barrie. If they can't beat us without Clarke then they need to figure some things out.

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018
Something that I forgot about last night was Hamilton didn't put anybody in the box to serve Xhekajs major penalty and it almost cost them.

It took them almost an extra minute to get a whistle while they remained shorthanded.

Reactions: Canadian Game

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
Something that I forgot about last night was Hamilton didn't put anybody in the box to serve Xhekajs major penalty and it almost cost them.

It took them almost an extra minute to get a whistle while they remained shorthanded.
That was baffling. Quite a few people around the bowl were trying to yell to grab the Bulldogs attention. At lunch I pulled up last night’s broadcast and Reed and Norm were also puzzled. Like much of the crowd, they thought maybe the coaches didn’t realize we were a man short, but the credited that our coaches are pretty sharp with that stuff, so they weren’t sure.

Canadian Finn

Oskee Wee Wee
Feb 21, 2014
The Hammer

so that's what the heck happened.
was very strange.

Jawk

Sep 29, 2021
I don't know what will happen the rest of this game, (3 left in 2nd) but this is what happens when hard work beats talent that doesn't work hard.

Incredibly proud of this group of kids.

Jawk

Sep 29, 2021
Look at this guy upset that Barrie skill has them at 2-2 with a rebuilding team that was expected to die after they sold off.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230404_220505_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20230404_220505_Chrome.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 9
  • Haha
Reactions: Hamilton Bulldogs

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018
what a game. boys played their heats out!!!

section 106 was...well....having a great time!!

freeeeeeeessssssscaaaaaaaa

gonna head out to Barrie on Thursday.

well done Bulldogs.

All jokes aside, Frasca is a hell of a player. Very good on faceoffs and his shot blocking ability is something else.

Canadian Finn

Oskee Wee Wee
Feb 21, 2014
The Hammer
sure he is. that's why it was so funny. sometimes the simplist chirps are the best ones. Kinda shitty that the equipment manager from Barrie got security involved, but it didn't seem to stop everyone.

"you had better sleep with one eye open neely"

Suspect we are in for it Thursday, but gotta support those kids after these last two games. No one would have thought they would be heading back to Barrie on a split series.

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018
sure he is. that's why it was so funny. sometimes the simplist chirps are the best ones. Kinda shitty that the equipment manager from Barrie got security involved, but it didn't seem to stop everyone.

Suspect we are in for it Thursday, but gotta support those kids after these last two games. No one would have thought they would be heading back to Barrie on a split series.

Ya, I saw that.lol I'm in 107. There was almost a fight after the game near the top of the section.

I thought this series would be over by now.

Good on these kids for proving me wrong.

Hamilton Bulldogs

Jan 11, 2022

I love the Hamilton crowd during the playoffs. Always a hostile environment no matter how many people are in the seats.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Slovakia vs Romania
    Slovakia vs Romania
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Ukraine vs Belgium
    Ukraine vs Belgium
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $800.00