Brantford Bulldogs 2022-23 Off-Season Thread (Part 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018
Bulldogs vs Colts in the first round.

Going to be tough for sure. Hopefully we get a few of our many injured players back.

Reactions: Jawk

Jawk

Sep 29, 2021
Bulldogs vs Colts in the first round.

Going to be tough for sure. Hopefully we get a few of our many injured players back.
I don't think the Bulldogs had much of a 1st round chance against anyone. A whole series for a team to focus on Lardis/Panwar was always going to be tough.

However, the Petes were the much better match up for them. Need bodies back, goaltending has to be amazing, Panwar/Lardis need to go off AND someone else has to help out, special teams need to figure it out.

This is probably Barrie in 4. Maybe we get 1 at home to push it to 5.

Can't believe they couldn't find 1 more point in the last 2 weeks.

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario

Unless the schedule is revised, it’s going to be interesting when the Bulldogs and Harlem Globetrotters walk into the arena on Tuesday April 4 for their event that night.

Reactions: three dog night

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
It appears there is a scheduling discrepancy. The Bulldogs, Colts, and OHL are all sharing the same schedule (using their own graphics) showing Game 3 (Hamilton home game 1) on April 2, and Game 4 (Hamilton home game 2) on April 4.

Meanwhile Ticketmaster shows Home Game 1 on April 3, and Home Game 2 April 5. I assume this is likely the correct schedule as it resolves the scheduling conflict with the Harem Globetrotters on April 4.

B0C01897-84C7-4E46-870C-C135905DC042.jpeg

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018
I don't think the Bulldogs had much of a 1st round chance against anyone. A whole series for a team to focus on Lardis/Panwar was always going to be tough.

However, the Petes were the much better match up for them. Need bodies back, goaltending has to be amazing, Panwar/Lardis need to go off AND someone else has to help out, special teams need to figure it out.

This is probably Barrie in 4. Maybe we get 1 at home to push it to 5.

Can't believe they couldn't find 1 more point in the last 2 weeks.

Ya, I think it's a sweep, but they have been proving me wrong the whole second half of the season.

Barrie is a big physical team that is really playing well.

Jawk

Sep 29, 2021
It appears there is a scheduling discrepancy. The Bulldogs, Colts, and OHL are all sharing the same schedule (using their own graphics) showing Game 3 (Hamilton home game 1) on April 2, and Game 4 (Hamilton home game 2) on April 4.

Meanwhile Ticketmaster shows Home Game 1 on April 3, and Home Game 2 April 5. I assume this is likely the correct schedule as it resolves the scheduling conflict with the Harem Globetrotters on April 4.

View attachment 676551
Word is that it's the Globetrotters game being moved. Wild. Can't remember when the Dogs have ever had priority over any other event.

Helvigster

Jan 8, 2019
I'm sorry... I mistakenly titled the thread "off-season". I just fixed it! Good luck in the playoffs!
no big deal, we're probably going to start our offseason in about a week and a half anyway LOL

I agree with Jawk. The fact that they only got 1 point out of their last 5 games is very frustrating. I understand that their opponents were a mixture of some of the really good Western teams, North Bay and Sudbury, but they got outplayed majorly, save for Saginaw and Sudbury.

I think this series will either be a sweep or a gentleman's sweep.

Canadian Game

Jul 18, 2005
Ontario
I think with a healthy lineup, we would have continued playing some solid games and earned more points. After all, the Bulldogs played well against the top 4 teams in the east, and there’s a reason why many opposing fans and media pegged the Bulldogs as the team to not sleep on come playoff time. Unfortunately the injuries had a huge negative impact on the team.

If some guys can return healthy, I can see this being a good series (provided everyone gels like they did a few weeks ago). However, I agree this will be a very quick series if we have the same depleted roster.

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018
Looks like Hamilton is getting some players back.

Donovan, Okitundu and VanAcker are all in the lineup.

Still no Bujold and Masen Wray is out as well.

Reactions: Helvigster

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018
This is going to be a short series.

Our PP is absolutely pathetic and the combination of their forecheck and our turnover prone D is not working out well.

Hamilton Bulldogs

Jan 11, 2022
Dogs looked decent for the first 10 mins.

Been a disaster since that shorty. Team has to be better for game 2.

Rounder8

Sep 28, 2018
2 soft calls, 2-0 Colts. Just brutal reffing.

Barrie is the better team. They certainly don't need help.

Also, our special teams are terrible.

Reactions: Jawk
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad