Value of: Brady Tkachuk

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Crow

May 19, 2014
3 x 6 mil

Oh a trade? Never mind. 1st plus a decent prospect. Not quite an A level because you have to pay the kid too. The first would have to be from a crappy team though or else the prospect is an A or it’s a very young NHL player who has potential.

Last edited:

Filthy Dangles

Registered User*
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2014
From what I’ve seen, fans of other teams really don’t value Brady very highly.

I understand why, he doesn’t put up a lot of points.

If GMs feel the same way, I can’t see him getting traded. I think Sens fans would want an 80+ point forward coming back in the trade, or a #1D, or 3 first round picks.

Not sure if any Sens fans disagree with me there, but that’s where I’m at. He’s such a unique player who is exactly the guy you want in the playoffs, and clearly a future captain in the league.

He's like a Gabriel Landeskog. Hard to properly value the player based on numbers alone

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Marner for Tkachuk makes both teams better IMO, and saves Toronto some cap space. Brady oozes that "playoff monster" kind of play. Even if it's not on a score sheet.

Will never happen though

Hockey 4 Life

Feb 10, 2012
Marner for Tkachuk makes both teams better IMO, and saves Toronto some cap space. Brady oozes that "playoff monster" kind of play. Even if it's not on a score sheet.

Will never happen though
Brady doesn't have that kind of value especially with an 8 mill contract attached to him. Brady at 6 or 6.5 ok but north of 8 mill to much.

Reactions: Hookslide

supsens

Oct 6, 2013
Seems that way and it's to be expected. From my experience reading hockey forums, points and draft position have a LOT of weight when evaluating a player for hockey fans in general. Of course, points shouldn't be dismissed and will often be the most important argument for a player, but in some cases, it goes way beyond points. One of the best examples : Patrice Bergeron

Can't see Ottawa trading who they thought would be their captain for a decade and the poster boy for how they want to play for a guy that is 5 years older. If Guentzel was 23 y/o, I'd do that in a heartbeat but this is not what they should do. Not to mention the 1st on top of it

They'd be looking for someone as impactful in the same age range

This built in the mold of Brady marketing hype stuff is way out of control, a reporter asked Jimmy Stu if he was going to be fighting people. The skill players and rookie scorers need to fight?
White, Teirney, Norris,Jimmy,Batherson,Pinto,Mete,Zub,Z,Del Zotto,Brannstrom,Chabot
Those are not grinders or tough guys the team isn't built around Brady or Brady style, these guys will not win any tough guy battles. I was a fan of DJ but his grinder tough guy crap is way over the top.
If a game gets out of hand and Brady fights a guy the sens will be left with a core group of first and second year players being physically punished and pushed around.

The tough guy days are gone, the NHL is already shutting the arms race down with no cross checking and they will take it further if teams keep trying to bring back the old days.

Last edited:

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
I'm not sure if this was a joke or not lol.

Marner's contract is literally negative value atm..... Brady at 8 is expensive but Marner at 10.9 is..........
No it isnt lol

One thing I will say is this: there is no team Brady would ask more from than Ottawa. He would not have the leverage he has here with any other team.... maybe Buffalo.

Reactions: bert

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
From what I’ve seen, fans of other teams really don’t value Brady very highly.

I understand why, he doesn’t put up a lot of points.

If GMs feel the same way, I can’t see him getting traded. I think Sens fans would want an 80+ point forward coming back in the trade, or a #1D, or 3 first round picks.

Not sure if any Sens fans disagree with me there, but that’s where I’m at. He’s such a unique player who is exactly the guy you want in the playoffs, and clearly a future captain in the league.

Tkachuk is the kind of player you love to have on your team because he does that extra grinding work, he is also the player you don't break the bank on. Leafs walked away from Hyman for a similar reason, talent is a premium and you can backfill with grit via trades and FA

ToDavid

Dec 13, 2018

Will never happen though

From the sounds of it it's not going to save the Leafs that much cap space, so we'll keep the 90 point winger. Easy to call someone a "playoff monster" before they've ever played a playoff game.

Reactions: Stewie Griffin

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Tkachuk is the kind of player you love to have on your team because he does that extra grinding work, he is also the player you don't break the bank on. Leafs walked away from Hyman for a similar reason, talent is a premium and you can backfill with grit via trades and FA

The strategy of "back-filling" with guys like Simmonds, Thornton, Clifford, etc, has certainly been incredibly effective for the Maple Leafs. It's bound to lead them a 1st round win... one of these years.

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Brady at 8 isn't a good contract by any means either. That being said, if the leafs could of got value back for Marner he would of been gone this offseason so they could afford Reilly this summer as a UFA
Or maybe the leafs don't want to trade their 24 year old who has 228 points over his last 196 games. Yeah he doesn't have a playoff goal in his last 2 series but he's still one of the most talented offensive players in the world.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad