Value of: Brady Tkachuk

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Tkachuk is the kind of player you love to have on your team because he does that extra grinding work, he is also the player you don't break the bank on. Leafs walked away from Hyman for a similar reason, talent is a premium and you can backfill with grit via trades and FA

I agree, he's the kind of player you love on your team...other fanbases just think to themselves we already have a grinder who can put up 30-40 points.

He's never going to be a game breaker or maybe even a good complimentary player unless everything goes right, but he'll always be an energy player and those are important too...are they worth the contract he's probably going to get though? Probably not.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
I agree, he's the kind of player you love on your team...other fanbases just think to themselves we already have a grinder who can put up 30-40 points.

He's never going to be a game breaker or maybe even a good complimentary player unless everything goes right, but he'll always be an energy player and those are important too...are they worth the contract he's probably going to get though? Probably not.

Lmao. I eagerly await you making a non-ridiculous & ridiculable statement but clearly we're not there yet.

Say, what are your thoughts on Josh Anderson and Brendan Gallagher?
Ottawa can dream, but they need to trade Tkachuk.
Kings do not need to trade for Tkachuk.
I will bet you any amount up to $5000 that you want that Ottawa will not trade Tkachuk in the next 365 days.

peconcan

Apr 24, 2020
Drai hadn’t won Hart when he signed so what’s your point?
Everyone forgets that Drai wasn’t a ppg guy until his 23 year old season if he would have signed the deal after that year he’d be making way more

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Wouldn't expect anything other than a garbage take from most Oilers fans on here

I have been told but never took it seriously, until I finally saw it with my own eyes.

At the same time, I just read some Kings fans posts and they might be even worse lol

- "The other pieces add very little compared to what you're asking for"

These other pieces were Erik Brannstrom and Connor Brown with 50% retention (1.8 x 2 years). What was "asked for" was Turcotte, Clarke, Maatta, Quick, 2022 1st...

- "So the Kings are exited to get an elite offensive dman just to trade him away for lot's of garbage and give up Turcotte and a 1st on top?"

The "garbage" was Tkachuk, Brannstrom, Connor Brown (50% retained)

Oh the icing on the cake :

"For ***** sake........
Tkachuk is a 20+ goal scorer.
The only thing i would offer for him is either or in any combination Iafallo, Athanasiou, Maata, Danault, Wagner, Brown
You can pick either a single player and a 3rd or 2 players in any combination
"

I think it's the biggest homerish post I have ever seen :laugh:

Let me try this again. You NEED to DIVERSIFY.

DIVERSIFY what?

Your package has absolutely no value outside of the 1st

Last edited:

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
I have been told but never took it seriously, until I finally saw it with my own eyes.

At the same time, I just read some Kings fans posts and they might be even worse lol

These other pieces were Erik Brannstrom and Connor Brown with 50% retention (1.8 x 2 years). What was "asked for" was Turcotte, Clarke, Maatta, Quick, 2022 1st...

- "So the Kings are exited to get an elite offensive dman just to trade him away for lot's of garbage and give up Turcotte and a 1st on top?"

"For ***** sake........
The only thing i would offer for him is either or in any combination Iafallo, Athanasiou, Maata, Danault, Wagner, Brown
"

DIVERSIFY what?

You can criticize the package offered for not being enough incentive for them to move on from Draisaitl (and his great contract); but to call Tkachuk, Norris and a top-10 pick in a stacked draft bad pieces is laughable to the point that I don't think most of these guys have the maturity or experience to formulate anything other than the garbage they are spewing.

Reactions: Xspyrit

King1s

Jan 27, 2015
Edmonton

"For ***** sake........
"

DIVERSIFY what?

The difference between Kassian and Tkachuk is not as big as you seem to think. Benson could be your 3rd liner and 1st could be anything. Diversify!

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
The difference between Kassian and Tkachuk is not as big as you seem to think. Benson could be your 3rd liner and 1st could be anything. Diversify!

You're comparing a 22-year old top of the line power forward to a 30 year old grinder. You have lost the plot.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Career high of 45 points. I get that you like to overvalue your own players but in reality the difference between those two is not so huge, considering that you guys need to DIVERSIFY.

You schmuck, you do understand that Tkachuk is 22 years old right? Is that not getting through your thick head?
Compare him to the gems your team drafted in Yamamoto and Puljujarvi...

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Players like Tkachuk are worth more to the teams they currently play for then anyone else. Sens fans will expect the world and I doubt any team will offer a package they like. At the end of the day, other teams trading for a heart and soul/power forward like this care more about the offense they'll bring back then the leadership they currently bring.

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Lmao. I eagerly await you making a non-ridiculous & ridiculable statement but clearly we're not there yet.

Say, what are your thoughts on Josh Anderson and Brendan Gallagher?

Tkachuk is an energy player, what's wrong with that statement? There's nothing wrong with those, every team needs one in their top 6.

Makaveli

Killuminati
Jan 15, 2008
Toronto
Marner for Tkachuk makes both teams better IMO, and saves Toronto some cap space. Brady oozes that "playoff monster" kind of play. Even if it's not on a score sheet.

Will never happen though
Yeah you're 100 percent right. Why would the Leafs do that? Leafs save 2.9 mill but lose the far superior player. Only thing I would entertain is a deal around Nylander.

Blacephalon

Oct 12, 2018
Career high of 45 points. I get that you like to overvalue your own players but in reality the difference between those two is not so huge, considering that you guys need to DIVERSIFY.
How bout Tierney for Yamamoto and Puljujarvi? A 40 point centre for two 25 point wingers.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis

"For ***** sake........
"

DIVERSIFY what?

Its not a serious offer.

They're making fun of Adele Dazeem's terrible proposal for Draisaitl to Ottawa. In that post, Adele Dazeem uses ridiculous homerish logic like "you need to diversify" to try and justify the deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad