• Mitch Marner

Votes: 416 54.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
So not only would Tkachuk get more than 8 points in 7 games vs last years Tampa Bay Lightning but he’d also dominate in the final two games. You’re grasping at straws.

You realize Kucherov and Stamkos didn’t show up in game 7 either. Guess Tkachuk is a better playoff performer than them as well?

Or Marner played well in a tight checking game 7 where the stars cancelled each other out and Tampa’s depth was the deciding factor.
This is such an outrageous post. Have you read the thread. The discussion is about if Marner has struggled in the playoffs. I didnt say anything that I bolded.

The second sentence doesnt make any sense. They have a proven playoff track record.

If you think Marner is as good as Kucherov and Stamkos with their proven track record have at it. No one else does.

They could probably use a Matthews too :dunno:
Yeah and Matthews could use a Tkachuk too. Someone to drag them into the fight. Think about the room he would create for Matthews. Anyways each team likes their own guy and thats fine.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
I don't like Marner at his salary.

I don't like Marner away from elite talent and as the man to get it done in the playoffs.

I don't like Marners family or his cocky attitude that stinks of being entitled and spoiled.

Having said that he's probably a better player than Tkachuk and I'm so happy the Leafs have him and the Sens are stuck with Tkachuk. I'm happy that Leafs fans are happy with how their dollars are being spent. No need to get upset.

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada

I don't like Marner away from elite talent and as the man to get it done in the playoffs.

I don't like Marners family or his cocky attitude that stinks of being entitled and spoiled.

Having said that he's probably a better player than Tkachuk and I'm so happy the Leafs have him and the Sens are stuck with Tkachuk. I'm happy that Leafs fans are happy with how their dollars are being spent. No need to get upset.
Marner is well worth his salary by every metric, but playoff success and he's 25. Lots of time for that. It's funny to hear the contract narrative because it's completely out to lunch at this point.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Marner. Not close. Better offensively and defensively. One of the best passers in the game. If Olympics were still a thing, he would be the top line right wing on Team Canada.

Also, if he played for any other team the poll would be even more lop sided than it already is.

Lmfao - he's never getting paired with McDavid on Canada's first line. 37 year old Bergeron would be playing 6 minutes more a game while out of position at right wing before Canada counts on Marner to be their first line top minute RW. Mackinnon and Stamkos are up next depending on where they play Crosby and Marchand.

Canada is the biggest hockey juggernaut on the planet, and the Olympics is not the stage where you get the chance to prove you aren't just a small permiter player who has trouble in tight checking games..... lmao

Marner is well worth his salary by every metric, but playoff success and he's 25. Lots of time for that. It's funny to hear the contract narrative because it's completely out to lunch at this point.

It's my own narrative. Again I'm happy Leafs fans are happy with the numbers. Points per game checks out. All is well. Only thing left now to do is win.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: BTP and bert

Lavar Ball

Neva Lost
Apr 23, 2022
Chino Hills, CA

What his family do?

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
So not only would Tkachuk get more than 8 points in 7 games vs last years Tampa Bay Lightning but he’d also dominate in the final two games. You’re grasping at straws.

You realize Kucherov and Stamkos didn’t show up in game 7 either. Guess Tkachuk is a better playoff performer than them as well?

Or Marner played well in a tight checking game 7 where the stars cancelled each other out and Tampa’s depth was the deciding factor.
Sounds like you're grasping at straws for excuses.

You sound like a leaf fan.

Fans of every other team don't like that contract.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
This is such an outrageous post. Have you read the thread. The discussion is about if Marner has struggled in the playoffs. I didnt say anything that I bolded.

The second sentence doesnt make any sense. They have a proven playoff track record.

If you think Marner is as good as Kucherov and Stamkos with their proven track record have at it. No one else does.

Yeah and Matthews could use a Tkachuk too. Someone to drag them into the fight. Think about the room he would create for Matthews. Anyways each team likes their own guy and thats fine.

You have recently been dissecting random regular season games between Toronto/Ottawa and Toronto/Boston. For what reason I don't know because literally this whole discussion has been about how different the playoffs are from the regular season.

Why use a regular season game vs the absolute best team in the league with the Leafs down their best player as evidence the Leafs would fall in the playoffs without Tkachuk?

Matthews could definitely use Tkachuk like I've been saying. Just not at the expense of losing a better player.

Kinda all you can do when comparing playoff history to a player who has never played in the playoffs before :dunno:

Reactions: LeafsNation75

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
You have recently been dissecting random regular season games between Toronto/Ottawa and Toronto/Boston. For what reason I don't know because literally this whole discussion has been about how different the playoffs are from the regular season.

Why use a regular season game vs the absolute best team in the league with the Leafs down their best player as evidence the Leafs would fall in the playoffs without Tkachuk?

Matthews could definitely use Tkachuk like I've been saying. But not at the expense of losing a better player.

Kinda all you can do when comparing playoff history to a player who has never played in the playoffs before :dunno:

No lol you're literally comparing marner to proven playoff performers and winners like kucherov lol. Let's focus on that. It's very funny.

Reactions: bert

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com

I dunno call me crazy but reading this gives me vides that your upset.... I dunno why you sound so down, I haven't read every post in this thread but are people really making Brady Tkachuk out to be a bad player and the sens are "stuck" with him?

Both fans like their player not sure why your bashing Marner so much

Arthur Morgan

Jul 6, 2016
Toronto
www.youtube.com

You sound like a leaf fan.

Fans of every other team don't like that contract.
his contract is fine, its just expensive and hard to fit on most teams. Im not a huge fan of Marner's contract either would be nice to have him on a cheaper deal but its not like he doesnt produce

Panarin makes more than Marner and Marner out produces him but I dont ever hear anyone bitching about his contract

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
No lol you're literally comparing marner to proven playoff performers and winners like kucherov lol. Let's focus on that. It's very funny.
Sure. You mean when they literally faced each other head to head in a 7 game playoff series last year and Marner outplayed them?

What's funny is playoff no show Tkachuk replacing Marner and guaranteed to dominate whatever team Toronto would face in the playoffs.

Reactions: LeafsNation75

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
At the end of the day, this is really simple for Leaf fans. You can have all the names on the roster you want and make as many main board threads about burning down villages as you want but the game is about winning when it matters and until Marner is on the winning side of playoff victories he's not owed any respect. Get it done and the tune will change. Until then, it is what it is.

Reactions: Bileur and bert

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Sure. You mean when they literally faced each other head to head in a 7 game playoff series last year and Marner outplayed them?

What's funny is playoff no show Tkachuk replacing Marner and guaranteed to dominate whatever team Toronto would face in the playoffs.

Have you seen marner in the playoffs?

Acting like comparing someone to him is ungodly is hilarious.

You don't need to replace him with tkachuk, you could replace him with 3rd liner pageau and you'd still get better results.

Stop talking like marner is good in the playoffs. It's hilarious.

Reactions: OmniSens

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Have you seen marner in the playoffs?

Acting like comparing someone to him is ungodly is hilarious.

You don't need to replace him with tkachuk, you could replace him with 3rd liner pageau and you'd still get better results.

Stop talking like marner is good in the playoffs. It's hilarious.
Sure. Why don't we stop talking about the playoffs in general until Tkachuk learns you can play more than 82 games in a season.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Sure. Why don't we stop talking about the playoffs in general until Tkachuk learns you can play more than 82 games in a season.

Because I understand how teams cycles work..I understand that Ottawa wasn't supposed to be making the playoffs these past few years...so I'm ok with it...just like I'm sure leaf fans were used to finishing at the bottom during the Kessel years..

Doesn't change the fact that it's amusing seeing leaf fans get worked up over their teams lack of playoff success while their window is open.

Like, leaf fans are saying it's marner and not even up for discussion...yet were like 20 pages in with leaf fans all worked up. If it wasn't close, you guys would have ignored the thread by now and not gotten so defensive.

Go start a poll of tkachuk vs Zack Kassian(or anyone who you think is clearly not as good to mimmick your stance in this thread of tkachuk not being nearly as good as marner) and see if sens fans get so worked up they keep the thread going for 20 pages.

If you're soooooooo confident that marner is in a league of his own compared to tkachuk, why arent you just laughing and walking away? Why are you entertaining the conversation and getting frustrated? That's what someone would do if the players were actually comparable. If they're not, no one is getting heated on either side. They're laughing...but that's not the case here, why? Why are leaf fans getting worked up instead of laughing and walking away if it's not even close?

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
Because I understand how teams cycles work..I understand that Ottawa wasn't supposed to be making the playoffs these past few years...so I'm ok with it...just like I'm sure leaf fans were used to finishing at the bottom during the Kessel years..

Doesn't change the fact that it's amusing seeing leaf fans get worked up over their teams lack of playoff success while their window is open.

Like, leaf fans are saying it's marner and not even up for discussion...yet were like 20 pages in with leaf fans all worked up. If it wasn't close, you guys would have ignored the thread by now and not gotten so defensive.

Go start a poll of tkachuk vs Zack Kassian(or anyone who you think is clearly not as good to mimmick your stance in this thread of tkachuk not being nearly as good as marner) and see if sens fans get so worked up they keep the thread going for 20 pages.

If you're soooooooo confident that marner is in a league of his own compared to tkachuk, why arent you just laughing and walking away? Why are you entertaining the conversation and getting frustrated? That's what someone would do if the players were actually comparable. If they're not, no one is getting heated on either side. They're laughing...but that's not the case here, why? Why are leaf fans getting worked up instead of laughing and walking away if it's not even close?
You realize this thread is 20 pages and you are one of the biggest factors for that? You personally have been the one replying to almost every comment, and now top it off with this 8 sentence post. This thread isn't 20 pages JUST because Leafs fans are getting defensive...there is sens fans arguing just as much.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
You realize this thread is 20 pages and you are one of the biggest factors for that? You personally have been the one replying to almost every comment, and now top it off with this 8 sentence post. This thread isn't 20 pages JUST because Leafs fans are getting defensive...there is sens fans arguing just as much.

I'm not blaming it on leaf fans nor am I saying I'm not contributing.

I'm saying it takes 2 to sides to keep the conversation going, and if one of the sides thinks this is such a joke of a comparison, they would have walked away, and you would be left with one side talking to themselves and getting bored.

The fact that that side is getting worked up proves they're taking the comparison seriously.

Without even talking about which player is better, it's obvious that there's a discussion to be had here.

Go look back at this and any other Brady tkachuk vs Mitch marner thread and you'll see dozens of leaf fans saying they would consider this trade.

Now I'm not saying there aren't dozens of sens fans who would also make that trade because this is also true.

It just goes to show you that these players are a lot more comparable in value then those saying "marner is so much better than tkachuk it's not even close!!!!" Because the evidence shows it's close. The 60/40 vote, The worked up leaf fans, the leaf fans saying they would consider that trade, etc all show this comparison is a valid one and not as lopsided as some make it out to be.

Mar 12, 2009
I can't believe this thread is still going, popped in and it's the same handful of Sens fans arguing with like 1 Leaf fan and among themselves :laugh:...and the one obsessively responding to everyone is pumping his own tires as a hockey guy the whole time lmao. Some Sens fans are so funny the way they behave on here.

Take a deep breath and maybe have a look at the thread and self reflect...you're easily the most worked up of any poster, Leaf or Sens fans, in the entire thread lmao. It's funny that you accuse Leaf fans of being everything you as well are guilty of being in this thread.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
Your last post literally said this:

"Like, leaf fans are saying it's marner and not even up for discussion...yet were like 20 pages in with leaf fans all worked up. If it wasn't close, you guys would have ignored the thread by now and not gotten so defensive."

Yes...? What is wrong?

We are 20 pages in
Leaf fans are getting worked up.
If it wasn't close, you guys would have laughed at the thread and walked away...

I'm being consistent.

I can't believe this thread is still going, popped in and it's the same handful of Sens fans arguing with like 1 Leaf fan and among themselves :laugh:...and the one obsessively responding to everyone is pumping his own tires as a hockey guy the whole time lmao. Some Sens fans are so funny the way they behave on here.

Take a deep breath and maybe have a look at the thread and self reflect...you're easily the most worked up of any poster, Leaf or Sens fans, in the entire thread lmao. It's funny that you accuse Leaf fans of being everything you as well are guilty of being in this thread.

Pay attention. I'm saying people would be worked up if it was a close comparison. People shouldn't be worked up if it's a joke. We have leaf fans claiming it to be a joke while also getting worked up.

A sens fan who thinks it's a close comparison getting worked up is completely irrelevant to the point being made.

The point is that one wouldn't get worked up if it was a joke of a comparison...yet here we have leaf fans complaining it's a joke of a comparison while ALSO getting worked up. It's not consistent.

At least I'm being consistent.

Mar 12, 2009
Yes...? What is wrong?

We are 20 pages in
Leaf fans are getting worked up.
If it wasn't close, you guys would have laughed at the thread and walked away...

I'm being consistent.

Pay attention. I'm saying people would be worked up if it was a close comparison. People shouldn't be worked up if it's a joke. We have leaf fans claiming it to be a joke while also getting worked up.

A sens fan who thinks it's a close comparison getting worked up is completely irrelevant to the point being made.

The point is that one wouldn't get worked up if it was a joke of a comparison...yet here we have leaf fans complaining it's a joke of a comparison while ALSO getting worked up. It's not consistent.

At least I'm being consistent.
The bolded is at least partly true. You are consistently riled enough by Leaf fans being homers that you have far and away the most posts in the thread, because you are obsessively replying to just about every post from non-Sens fans; while repeating over and over that it's actually everyone else that is really worked up and certainly not you.

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
The bolded is at least partly true; you are consistently worked up by Leaf fans being homers to the point you have far and away the most posts in the thread; while repeating over and over that it's actually everyone else that is really worked up and certainly not you. The point is your lack of self awareness and ability to rationalize your same behaviour as different simply because it's you doing it.

No. You're completely missing the point.

The point isn't "he or she is getting worked up - haha"

That's how you're countering my point.

My point is "HOW can one claim to think the comparison is a joke, while getting worked up and keeping the conversation going?"

I don't think the comparison is a joke...so I'm not the target audience here, so not sure why you keep bringing me up. I don't fit into the group of "thinks topic is a joke + is worked up". I'm asking about that group. Do you have an answer??

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
his contract is fine, its just expensive and hard to fit on most teams. Im not a huge fan of Marner's contract either would be nice to have him on a cheaper deal but its not like he doesnt produce

Panarin makes more than Marner and Marner out produces him but I dont ever hear anyone bitching about his contract

I see panarins contract get criticized all the time in response to his value. The difference is people aren't always trying to pump panarins tires, so you don't have as much opportunity to criticize his contract.

Like I see no one criticizing Toews contract in the last year or two because I haven't seen anyone pumping Toews tires. Every time he's mentioned, it's understood that his value is hurt by his contract and that Chicago would have to retain or whatever. So there's no need to respond with how expensive his contract is.

With marner, you get fans pumping him up as amazing so you're gonna get fans who say "yeah but that contract isn't amazing" or whatever. I think it comes with the territory.

Reactions: Arthur Morgan

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Matthews could definitely use Tkachuk like I've been saying. Just not at the expense of losing a better player.

High intensity games against rivals. Leafs d couldn't handle a heavy for check that emulates a playoff style atmosphere. The playoffs have largely been the same. Physicality and tight checking ramps up and the leafs don't.... I can't tell if you are unable to identify this or are just in denial.

This entire thread is about how Tkachuk helps in that department. He drags his guys into the fight. As per Brad Marchand it's pretty obvious that's not Marners MO. He'd rather chat about video games and his dog on the ice. I guarantee those aren't the discussions Brady is having.

Reactions: Bileur

RickyLafleur

Fall of Pierre
Oct 17, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Could you address the goal posts being moved on the timing? I read the Sens board in the off-season. They said they were a lock to make the playoffs. Your GM said the rebuild is over. How can you sit there and say your cycle is just starting?
Can you find these receipts for fans claiming the sens were a playoff lock? GM's say a lot of things and are often lying when they are talking to the media/public. Remember this is the same guy who said "were a team".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad